mtbr member

Bad day for bicyclist..... sad indeed:

Bicyclist struck

By: Matt Coughlin
    phillyBurbs.com
    A bicyclist was killed after being struck by a minivan on

River Road in Upper Makefield Friday afternoon, according to police.

Police said two bicyclists were riding north along

River Road near Overlook Avenue when the second rider, whose identity has not been released, drifted into the southbound lanes of the road. He cycled into the path of a southbound Dodge Caravan which struck and killed him, police said. Further information was not available Friday night. Police were investigating the accident and said the minivan driver was cooperating with officers.

Regardless of the circumstances, this is always horrible news. May they rest in peace.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Sorry to hear this, condolences to their family and friends.

Man, this shite is going around. Very similar thing happened recently in Austin TX too.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    It happens so easily, scary stuff indeed.

banned
    Apr 2009
    That's the reason I built a MTB last year, these drivers (in general) are texting (or whatever) and are not paying attention. I was not going to take my chances on the street's anymore and decided to ride in the mountains.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 247
    That's the reason I built a MTB last year, these drivers (in general) are texting (or whatever) and are not paying attention. I was not going to take my chances on the street's anymore and decided to ride in the mountains.
    Yeahhhh did you read the article about how the cyclist drifted into the oncoming traffic lane?

Inbred Homebrewer
    I know exactly where this happened (drive past that spot every morning), and it's only a matter of coincidence that I didn't drive home that way on Friday afternoon. Anyway, I can't figure out what would cause the rider to pedal into the oncoming lane there. The road is fairly straight, with good visibility in that spot (i.e. it's not like there's a 'blind' curve nearby). He certainly should have been able to see the minivan approaching.

An odd and tragic story, for sure.
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

Blue Pig
    Quote Originally Posted by XJaredX
    Yeahhhh did you read the article about how the cyclist drifted into the oncoming traffic lane?
    Poor bike.
    I give positive rep all around but then I get negative rep from all the clowns.