I play hard to want

Asbury Woods trail conditions

With 70 degree weather today, I just couldn't resist a trip out to Asbury Woods to get my first ride of the year in.

Anyways, the public trails are all dry & in decent condition. Between Millfair & the Kahkwa Club, the trail is almost all mud, and blocked by a few fallen trees.
    Around the golf course the trail is mostly dry. There were apparently some bulldozers up there clearing away a lot of the woods. Hopefully they're not going to build something that interferes with my riding.

Walnut Creek is very high & fast (and cold--I fell in). On the other side of the creek, the trail is almost non-existent (if you don't know where you're going, you won't find it).

And finally, it's very muddy around the power lines.

Hopefully all the warm weather forecast this week will dry everything up for my weekend ride!
    It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Where do you get on the Millfair & the Kahkwa Club Trail?

I play hard to want
    Quote Originally Posted by alphado
    Where do you get on the Millfair & the Kahkwa Club Trail?
    I'd be happy to show you sometime. PM me and I'll give you my phone #
    It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Guys:

Would you have a map or Google earth link to this place I def wanna hit it when I come out for Steelies in Sept!

Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

NY-THRASHER
    Apr 2008

Asbury Park

hey i just rode Asbury Park/Woods 04/26/08. This was only my second time riding there but it seemed to be in pretty good shape. Some of the trails still have some leaves on them and it seems easy to ride off trail if you dont know where your going and yes there a re a few that are muddy but hey its spring and that happens! Do you guys have a trail group? If not some one should try to get one put together and take care of your trails, plan a once a month trail clean up. It is a good mix of single track, cross country with some technical downhill sections. Overall i give it a good rating, no compalints from me! See i am from Upstate NY and ride DRYER PARK in VICTOR, NY which is a REALLY GREAT place to ride. The one thing everyone needs to remember is that if you want a good, fun place to ride you need to take care of it! Respect each other as you ride, pick up your trash and dont thrash the forrest!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    We rode there that day too early in the morning. It is raining pretty steady here today, so it will be muddy for a spell.

I play hard to want
    Rode again on the 26th, and it was dry for the most part, except for the section between Millfair & the Kahkwa club.

mtbr member
    Some friends and I were supposed to hit it up tonight (4/28) but we live in Erie and thus Mother Nature hates us.

mtbr member
    Went for a ride tonight. There are obviously some muddy sections but for the most part the trails are just damp enough to blow full bore through turns.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    We rode last night, 5-1-08, everything was good, only a couple soft spots.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I live about 5 minutes from there - man, I need a bike!

mtbr member
    Hey just to let you all know I am looking to get a few people together for a ride this sat at Asbury (5-10) I dont know what time yet but I will let you all know.

Ps. What trail is between millfair & kahkwa club?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I'd love to go Saturday, but BMX racing starts at Scott Park. My son and I both race. Maybe if you do it later in the day I can make it. I haven't been out on the MTB this week and am jonesin' to do it.

mtbr member
    im going out to Ohio tonight and don't plan on being home till later tomorrow im thinking 4 or 5 ish don't quote me on the time. I start at the browns farm, and I ride a green hardrock with a black giro helmet.
    If anyone ever see's me just stop me im all way's looking to find some to ride with.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    My 6 y/o son and I are going today about 5:00pm.

mtbr member
    I hope you have fun I was hoping to get one of my friends to go but his is a little under the weather today. I wish I would have check the forums.

mtbr member
    If anyone ever needs someone to ride with just let me know. I can usually go any week night after 5 and all day Tuesdays and Fridays.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    We hit the jackpot last night! Up until now we have stayed on the "official" park trails. For some reason we veered off the beaten path and did a little exploring. We found a really cool area with all kinds of man made platforms, ramps and jumps plus a ton more trails to ride. My son was in love with this jump. He must have hit it 20 times.

mtbr member
    Do you know what trail you went off of to get there?
    Ps. is that a specialized?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Right where the oxbow lake overlook platform is there is a private land sign, we followed the trail past there and ran into that area. Tons of trails back there. Yes that is a Specialized 20" bike that my son is riding, he loves it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    We are going to ride at Asbury tomorrow (Thursday) around 5:00pm. Weather looks good.