Uphill hater

Hope An apology to all PA moutain bikers

It has come to my attention that it may come across as if I have said bad things about a certain mountian bike club in the Lehigh Valley, VMB or Valley Mountain Bikers. (OK, everyone west of Reading, go back to what you were doing!) Seriously, in some of the very ugly posts that have gone on around here this past week, I slammed a certain club for what I perceived as their lack of participation in a charity ride for the Fallen Rider Fund. This club has done many great things in the past for which I benefit in the way of trails, access and other things. I apologize. In the heat of discussions, thing come out and you realize you can't unring that bell soooo sooner or later you wind up doing this. To all the members, past and present of VMB, I apologize and to Joe T., I meant no insults. To all you who are not familiar with this, sorry for eating up the bandwidth. If you are browsing from another state or area and are wondering what the heck is wrong with those hillbillies up in Pennsyltucky, let me assure you, we have the finest biking of anywhere in the world and the finest, freindliest people riding those trails. Come on up, throw a leg over and get out there with us. To all, peace. Now let's shut the F up and ride. Find me at www.clubmtb.com, search Dirt Devils...riding around in the underground.

Chuck Whitworth "gunner1"
    Slow Fat guy on either a black Ironhorse or my black Bianchi singlespeed.
    www.clubmtb.com search Dirt Devils
    www.fallenriderfund.com
    Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

My blog

banned
    Apr 2006
    let me assure you, we have the finest biking of anywhere in the world
    That is some funny stuff there.

^ The Trail Starts Here ^
    Gunner:

You said what you said in the heat of it! I don't think people are really that upset over what was sad here on the "MESS"age board. The people I ride with could care less about message boards or BS typing. I do see them on the trail riding all the time.

Personal Attacks don't belong anywhere! Talk and BS about topics get carried away and off the subject.
    Attacking someone proves nothing!

Attacking a topic does though!

I still think we brought out stuff that in the end will help all of us greatly, I don't think anyone is sitting at home crying! I'm sure we are all out riding around.

Just my point of view

Have a geat holiday!
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

Grand Poobah
    Oct 2005
    Chuck, hold me...

mtbr member
    chuck, i don't claim to speak for the club but i feel comfortable in saying thanks for the words. As you now know VMB is a fraction of what it used to so if you post a ride on there and no one shows up it not for any reason but there's no one involved right now at least compared to what it was, and what is was, was(grammar) a well oiled mtn bike club doing trail design, construction, maintenance, bike patrol, bike education, bike safety, developing relationships with local and regional leaders and most importantly had some of the most kick ass group rides in all kinds of places. those rides are still legendary.

i do agree however that this state as a whole has more potential than california to develop not only riders through the ranks but racing, trail networks and having been involved as an imba rep we truly have some of the most dedicated clubs in the state.

and yes we have some of the coolest most dedicated non-club types too!!!!!!!

the timing was bad for the one ride with the first mass race, and i personall couldn't come to the mtn bike ride since i was on double kid duty.

In the end everyone does things for their own reason, i hope we can respect why and how eachother does it.

thanks again,
    Joe

now back to rehabing the leg

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Chuck... there is no reason to apologize for anything... Trust me, everyone involved are not always what they make themselves out to be... The fallen rider fund was developed for one reason... To help out a friend, by a group of friends... In doing so we raised over 24 THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! You always know going into things that someone will have some sort of issues and that's a part of life... I know when I go to sleep at night that I did the right thing and because of it, took the load off of someones back so that maybe they can sleep a little better as well... That is why the dirt devils are so successful... Were a Cyclin Community... Not a club... We live it, and for all the right reasons... See ya on the trails buddy!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I would just like to mention that VMB did support the Fallen Rider Fund by making a donation, and this was because members wanted to show their support for a local rider, friend, and a great guy.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    My last post was not a dig on VMB, it was more of a dig on people in general... It's tough tryin to make everyone happy... That is why we have different groups to belong to... I know individuals from VMB supported the events and that is greatly appreciated... Both by the Fund crew themselves as well as Taylor especially... It's just lame when I hear things about people discouraging others to ride the events etc for personal issues they have... I'm not saying everyone has to be happy with everything because god knows I'm not... I just ask that if your not into it then move on... Don't put it down... Once again this is not a VMB bash... Those who I am talking about know who they are and what they have been saying... Word travels fast in our small groups... It's just unfortunate some of the things had to be said... The fund is also not groups specific... I am the only quote "dd" in the group... The rest are more roadies and track racers... We are currently going to get-together to see where were moving in the future and who wants to take the reigns... I would hope that we could get a larger group together to push this idea and help others in the future once we have finished what we started with Taylor... Ya gotta think of it like it could be you next... This is my idea of a cyclin community... Hope to see everyone at our next events!!!

Grand Poobah
    Oct 2005
    Okay, let me just clear this up so that there is no more cause for argument :

EVERYONE SUCKS!

^ The Trail Starts Here ^
    [SIZE="5"]NOT ME,[/SIZE][SIZE="6"]I Just RIDE![/SIZE]
    Last edited by Proformance Cycle; 05-30-2006 at 12:56 PM.
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com