mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Anything near Keen Lake?

Hey guys,

I'll be up at Keen Lake this weekend with a bunch of friends. I'm trying to decide if I should brink my bike up. I'd love to get a few rides in. Are there any trails in the area?

I'll be staying here: http://goo.gl/Y7hk

Thanks,
    Steve.

Yeah, you'd better bring your bike.

You'll be 3 miles from Prompton Dam, and 10 Miles from Merli Sarnoski. You're going to have fun

Merli Trail Map
    Prompton Dam Trail Map

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Sweet!! Prompton looks great! I'm definitely ditching my friends and going to check it out.

Thanks!!

You'll want to park at the lot near the dam, cross the top of dam and ride around lake counter clockwise.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    As of two weeks ago the lot closest to the dam was closed and had to park at the boat launch. You can take the trail to the dam and cross it and continue around in that direction. I was thinking of riding there myself this weekend. Saturday to be exact, what kind of ride were you looking to do?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnrider1009
    As of two weeks ago the lot closest to the dam was closed and had to park at the boat launch. You can take the trail to the dam and cross it and continue around in that direction. I was thinking of riding there myself this weekend. Saturday to be exact, what kind of ride were you looking to do?
    I'll be getting to Keen Lake on Friday and I'm planning to ride Prompton on Saturday morning. I've got all day so I'll definitely do the loop around the lake. I've never ridden there before.

mtbr member
    I'll give you the same advice I give everyone- When you cross the dam and go up about 100yds, take the right onto the Yellow trail. Don't follow the Red (trail #3). It's one of the wetter trails there and doesn't dry all that well. Here's a map. The typical route from the boat launch (since this is where you'll be parking) is- 2, 4, 5 (optional and rough), 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 3 (just a road at this point), and finish off on 1 and 2 as you can mix them up in this section.

Of course you can do it however you want. But that's a great route. Expect it to be between 16-19 miles.

I might hit it on Thursnight depending on fellow riders. If I do, I'll update you w/conditions.

Ttyl, Fahn

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

prompton ride

The lot by the dam is closed but they don`t work on weekends so if ya don`t want to park at the boat launch you can park up along the road by the dam or right at the enterance,just stay to the side.I would stay away from the red trail on the back side because it will be muddy after all the rain 2''.When ya go acrossthe dam & in to the trail stay to your right & up the hill on the yellow trail stay on the upper trails all the way to the north end.This is the ride I do alot yellow trail to interyello (boneridge) back out on the yellow to blue to white (sugarshack) to green to cross trail ,then you`ll be at an intersection to pickup the pinecreek to the blueberry back on to pinecreek to the cliff trail out sindwinder down the hill then out to the road turn into the RCplane lot pick up the westshore or white trail all the way back to the dam,that rides is about 18 to 19 miles.Also turkey hunting starts sat in the AM till noon I think & like I said it may be muddy in spots ,lots of rain it is a trail best to ride with someone who knows how to ride it so ya don`t get turned around up there,this is coming from the guy who made most of the trails up here.I`ll be around on Sunday good luck KP

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Thanks for all the recommendations guys! I'm sure I'll have a great ride. Thanks!