Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Anyone up for TM on Thursday?

Looking for some TM to be done on the Brown Street trails in Mt. Top.
    krazcustoms can you make Thursday at 4PM?
    Anyone else??
    "foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    It'd be tough for me to make it there by 4 (if I'm on time I get off work at 3:30pm), maybe 5 would be more realistic, I've never been to that trailhead so I'd need some good specific guidance, but I'm game to come out and lend a back.

I'd also understand if that's just not early enough, don't know what you have in mind. Just shoot me a PM if you want.

mtbr member
    I could definitely make it for 5.

One game plan would be to do this as the shuttle ride w/ some time allotted for work just using hand saws..

Another would be to just go specifically to work and take power equipment and just hike in/hike out from Brown St.

I would lean towards the former because that way we'd still be getting a ride in, and if we don't get done we could just do the same thing again another time. Plus, the people who come out to help would be able to see the entire route. We'd just need to figure out the shuttle situation which isn't that big of a deal.

Any other ideas?

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    i'm game for either. My folding saw is already in my camelbak.

If we end up doing the shuttle my car can take 5 bikes and riders (so long as the three in the back seat are friendly), one of the bikes has to have a standard-QR front wheel though.

mtbr member
    Meet at the trail head for 5 Then?

mtbr member
    Thursday at 5 at Brown St. trailhead

Bear - Thursday at 4:50 at Bentleys lower dirt parking lot if possible (call me if not possible).

mtbr member
    I'll bring a hand saw. Need anything else?
    I'll PM you my cell. cu there.

mtbr member
    Maybe some small hand clippers for the nuisance pickerbushes and tick launchers.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    In.

Do I need to take my front wheel off? (20 mm bolt-on, no QR)

mtbr member

Excellent!

Will plan on joining you................. a bit later though......will leave my home at 6pm which will get us(hopefully a few of us & will have our own shuttle) to you about 6:30pm....out on the trail.....if it rains...will drive my car to trailhead.
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bear
    In.

Do I need to take my front wheel off? (20 mm bolt-on, no QR)
    If you mean to get a ride up to the top, you can just throw your bike in my van. No wheel removal necessary.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffSkisMontana
    Will plan on joining you................. a bit later though......will leave my home at 6pm which will get us(hopefully a few of us & will have our own shuttle) to you about 6:30pm....out on the trail.....if it rains...will drive my car to trailhead.
    Cool! I'm hoping the weather will cooperate. At least it should be somewhat warm. See you there!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Do you have room/use for another? I don't have any exciting plans Thursday.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriffer
    Do you have room/use for another? I don't have any exciting plans Thursday.
    Sure! The more the merrier!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Now that I think about it. I have all sorts of junk like a bike trailer, racks, and things to make carrying things on a bike easier. It sounds like the plan is to go pretty light, but I can drag around anything if it's needed. Carrying junk doesn't really bother me. If you want a cooler full of ice and cold drinks, I might have to draw the line there.

Go Big or Die Tryin'
    We rode from Brown St over the weekend. There won't be much of a need for saws aside from that little DH section (the 1st one that ends up at the fire road that leads to upper earth); there's that one spot where the big tree fell. Upper Earth/Xtreme/Dead Deer all need to be raked out but that's about it. We cleared whatever larger trees/sticks were down. I'm gonna try to make it tomorrow but not sure if I can yet.
    Slugs love beer.

mtbr member
    Hey guys, I have to bail out on tonight, Hate to do this at the last minute.
    The Hazleton "Y" is having a meeting tonight & I already told my wife I would attend with her. Againg I am sorry. Looks like there will be a few people there hope you guys have fun
    and will definately try to get together soon.

Joe

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    too bad joe. ;^(

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    One Called.
    Six Responded.
    One Bailed.
    Four Launched.
    Two Returned.
    Six Grins.

Lots of little crap cleared, some bigger crap.

One saw was bent and straightened a few times.

Mike wielded the Rake of Mass Destruction.

2500 feet of descending for 500 feet of climbing, couple miles of trail tuned.

More work to be done.

:P

Go Big or Die Tryin'
    Is the climb to DH ratio really 500:2500? Anyone have any GPS maps of Mtn Top?
    Slugs love beer.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by Finius T Flubberbuster
    Is the climb to DH ratio really 500:2500? Anyone have any GPS maps of Mtn Top?
    I have a GPS map of what we went down yesterday. According to the baro-altimeter in my Garmin Edge and the TopoFusion software that's the deal.

I need to hit Dead Deer Ex to see that (we didn't last night) but I'm thinking that the whole combination would be a great venue for an Unofficial Unsanctioned Completely Never Happend Super-D event ... after a few more things were cleaned up though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    That's what I got without cleaning things up. Not exactly sure where we started.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    i think we started around 0.325, on your graph.

mtbr member
    And to think, I had to sit in a meeting for an Hr & 1/2 listening to a bunch of crabs complain. You guys missed a great time.

mtbr member

Interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by Chriffer
    That's what I got without cleaning things up. Not exactly sure where we started.

Always thought there was more climbing than what your GPS 's show but believe what you have come up with......really great ride.....grinning ear to ear all the way down RollerCoaster Say Wut?! A few more hours of a similar size crew should finish Killer Bee and the entry ways to it......Mike K(not to be confused with Mike K from Linkin Park)and Crew really did a nice job on re routing the Hell TRail as well as the improvement to the last 1/3 of RCSW?....Thanks. Ride on!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast