mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Anyone ride Wiss tomorrow morning 9/25?

Hitting Wiss in the am, before going home to continue painting my house. Anyone heading there or want to meet up? Normal pace ride. Whole park probably.
    Stay aware of those who hide in plain sight.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I was thinking of riding 730-9 or so before work appointments. I'll be on a light blue cannondale SS. 2nd ride trying to get used to clip in pedals on terrain! Much easier on the street.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Ended up riding 9-10:30 or so. Didn't pass another biker the whole way. I still need to learn routes and some of the trails are way beyond my level. Feel like its a suicide mission going down some of the stuff clipped in. Going to use flat pedals next ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone ride Wiss tomorrow morning 9/25?-img_8334.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Mike,

I'll ride with ya and give you some pointers. Clipless isn't the end all-be all of riding but I definitely prefer it for this sort of riding. You will definitely benefit since you're gonna need some serious torque riding a SS.

I never made it out this morning. Trying to get some painting done on the outside of my house that has been waiting for way too long. I'm too busy making everyone else's house's look good. I might head out this afternoon or tomorrow morning as well. I live close...over in Mt. Airy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jochribs View Post
    Mike,

I'll ride with ya and give you some pointers. Clipless isn't the end all-be all of riding but I definitely prefer it for this sort of riding. You will definitely benefit since you're gonna need some serious torque riding a SS.

I never made it out this morning. Trying to get some painting done on the outside of my house that has been waiting for way too long. I'm too busy making everyone else's house's look good. I might head out this afternoon or tomorrow morning as well. I live close...over in Mt. Airy.
    Sounds good. I prefer the clipless just need to practice. Also going to see if they will loosen up some. Work and some family stuff is taking up most of the week from here on out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I rode here a few weeks ago. First time riding clipless offroad. I did wipe out twice but only once bc of the pedals. I started at the north end and took the first trailhead to the right off of Forbidden Dr. LUNGBUSTER. Once at the top I followed the trail south on the west side of the creek. Kept ending back on Forbidden drive tho. Hard to follow the maps. Overall a pretty challenging ride for me since I'm new to mtb (not to riding however). Will be doing Nox tomorrow morning and maybe go back to Wiss again next week!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mike5250 View Post
    Sounds good. I prefer the clipless just need to practice. Also going to see if they will loosen up some. Work and some family stuff is taking up most of the week from here on out.

Have you adjusted the tension? What type of pedals are you using?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jochribs View Post
    Have you adjusted the tension? What type of pedals are you using?
    I don't think they are adjustable... Crank Brothers candy 2. Crank Brothers Candy 2 Pedals | Competitive Cyclist

They came with the bike and I have the same style, different model on my other bike so the shoes work on both. I just ready you can rotate the cleat so it releases with a little less pivoting.

I'll get used to it after a few rides... Maybe provide some entertainment for others along the way!