mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Anyone ride Mt. Gretna?

I'm looking for flowy singletrack. Does anyone know what Mt. Gretna's trails are like?

mtbr member

Flowing singletrack

Quote Originally Posted by huckerberry
    I'm looking for flowy singletrack. Does anyone know what Mt. Gretna's trails are like?

http://www.sambabiker.com/trail.htm Swatara is the place you seek

my church is the woods

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by huckerberry
    There is some flowy stuff, some technical stuff, some long grinds, some sweet DH runs, some freeride stuff, some fire roads, some secret trails, etc...

when do you want to ride? I live by Gretna and ride regularly, I would be willing to show you around sometime. I try to avoid Governor Dick during peak times on weekends so as to avoid running into hiking families.

Like Lititz dude said, Swatara is the place for flowy stuff. It's all singletrack, no rocks and non technical. There is only about 6 miles of trail there so far, but it's definatly fun.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Would any of you be able to post directions? I live in Hummelstown and would like to give this trail a ride sometime.

I agree Swatara is SWEET!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by firechicken
    Would any of you be able to post directions? I live in Hummelstown and would like to give this trail a ride sometime.
    Hop on 322 East for about 20??? miles. You will pass behind Annville and Lebanon. Then you are looking for the Mt. Gretna exit off of 322. Take that exit and you will come to a stop sign. Make a left and follow that road for maybe 2?? miles. In the middle of town you want to look for Pinch Road. Make a left and go up the hill. At the top of the hill you will see parking on your left. Park there and follow one of the many trails.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    gretna sounds like a decent ride. might check it out this weekend and give my suspension a well needed work out. rode rattling creek today. I found great singletrack but believe I missed the best. I'll definately be going back soon. thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks for the directions mikEdub. Thats probably about the same distance from my place as Swatara.