mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Anyone MTB at IUP?

Just seeing if anyone rides at IUP. Bought a Mamba 29er recently and am looking for a group to ride with.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hey man I try and ride as much as I can when I have the chance ring yellow creek Sunday I think if the weather isn't horrible

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    The weekends are usually fairly busy at Yellowcreek, I'm there Sundays and there are always others.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Where is the popular area? I don't know it well and never seem to see anyone else. I always find my way to some wooden bird observatory thing...

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Check with the Trailzend bike shop on Philadelphia st, they organize a weekly ride, Wednesdays i believe. I've run into them quite a few times, nice group of people, and a good shop. I see more people on the "beach" side of the park, which is the side you're on, if you see the bird observatory. check out lhorba.org, it's a local biking organization, they have links to a pretty complete map of Yellowcreek trails,as does rideyc.com. The beach, or south shore is more rolling singletrack, where the north shore has more technical sections, including a rock section. The complete trail system is basically a loop around the dam.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Thanks for the information. I actually bought my trek from Trailzend and can't participate on those rides due to classes at IUP. I'll check out those links and figure out where I am at.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    no problem, i'm sure they're are alot of better riding areas, but Yellowcreek seems pretty nice to me. Once you look at the maps it will make sense, i'd offer you to tag along with me and my friends, but we are riding at oddball times, and usually on short notice.post once you check out the loop, i'm curious to hear other's opinions. by the way, go Crimson Hawks, we were the indians when i was there.