mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Anyone interested in a group ride?

I am normally alone when I bike but wanted to try to set up a group ride. A day trip but maybe even a camping trip to Raystown in time. Who's in?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I should have mentioned, I am in SE PA. I typically ride Nockamixon, White Clay-Middle Run, Trexler Preserve, etc. but I'm open to other places.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I think you should look into the weekend of Sept 7/8 or the following. Or maybe figure when the leaves are turning, it can be really pretty out there before the trail is covered.

There's another, older, thread here where someone brought up getting a group ride out there, which sort of died out, but I think the concept would be easily revived. I think Uncle Six Pack may also have expressed some interest.

Who knows, maybe I'd even break out the hard-tail for this place.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Thanks for the suggestion. I am going to be away the next two weekends but September would be the best month for me too. I am going to be in Vermont over Labor Day weekend so I am going to try riding Pine Hill Park. Maybe the following weekend a day ride will be a good starter.

I am in my 30s and only recently got back into biking. I'm sure most guys would smoke me. Any skill level is invited to meet and ride.

Anyone interested just suggest a time and place and we can ride.

VMB
    There is a group of riders from the Lehigh Valley that ride at several locations every Wednesday. We meet between 5 and 5:15, ride begins around 5:30. We love when new people show up! Check out bikevmb.com for details on this week's ride and future rides.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I've been wanting to check out Raystown for a while. Depending on the weekend, my wife and I are down.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dung Hopper View Post
    I should have mentioned, I am in SE PA. I typically ride Nockamixon, White Clay-Middle Run, Trexler Preserve, etc. but I'm open to other places.
    You just named my 3 favorite trails lol. I live in Downingtown and also hit Marsh Creek & Harmony hill regularaly.
    Im definitely interested in raystown, but its schedule dependant.
    Let me know if you ever want to ride, im not the strongest rider (been at this for just shy of a year) but im getting better and im in my 30's as well, although for not much longer lol.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Sounds good guys. Jongalt, we should meet up for a ride. I have ridden Marsh Creek a couple times and found some of the hills there to be tough.

kkies: I live about an hour from you guys but I will have to leave work early one Wednesday and meet you. Your group has done a great job with Nox and Trexler.

mtbr member
    Definitely! I work a day job so i can ride in the evenings (typically after 6pm) and on weekends. Let me know what works for you.
    Jason

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I'm back in town and back to biking. If anyone is interested in a ride, let me know.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dung Hopper View Post
    I'm back in town and back to biking. If anyone is interested in a ride, let me know.
    I am also getting back into biking. I have only ridden wissahickon so far. I won't hold up the group too much. I really only need to walk going up the real steep/technical portions. Going down is less of an issue!

We are riding tomorrow around 430/5. Meeting at entrance across from bus depot on main st/ lincoln drive area.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I am up for some day rides. I was hoping to go on a Raystown weekend trip but I'll be using all my overnight trips chasing grouse the next couple months. I'll be in New England this weekend but maybe we could have an open meetup on the following weekend. Maybe Trexler or Nox?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I know my way around Nox, Trexler, Middle Run, and White Clay. I am open to other rides. I have never ridden at Wissahickon but heard it is great but with tough climbs.