mtbr member
    May 2013

Anyone have a map for South Mountain Lehigh trails?

I've been riding the trails on South Mountain in Bethlehem, PA and even though I know a few of the trails, I never really explored much. Does anyone have a map or any information about the different tracks? I've heard that a local bike shop here has a map, but they say it's more confusing than helpful.

Anyone have some info? Also, would be nice to find some people to ride up there with

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    The general understanding is that Lehigh U doesn't want a map published publicly and the only maps out there are from about 10 years back- the best thing to do is hook up with a local ride group and learn the trails that way. Go check out Saucon Valley Bikes- they have the most local knowledge of the situation.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dankilling View Post
    The general understanding is that Lehigh U doesn't want a map published publicly and the only maps out there are from about 10 years back- the best thing to do is hook up with a local ride group and learn the trails that way. Go check out Saucon Valley Bikes- they have the most local knowledge of the situation.
    Ah okay, we'll thanks for clearing that up for me. Ill look around for a group meanwhile, but I'm going there today so ill explore a bit.

mtbr member

Anyone have a map for South Mountain Lehigh trails?

Also check out bikevmb.com . They have a Wednesday night ride that alternates several locations. SMB is in the rotation. Great group of people and they'll show you around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    X2 on those. Saucon valley and the Wed VMB rides are good as they get for friendly rides on trails. That is what I miss most about moving out of that area. There is some good urban in Lehigh university too if you are into that(not sure about the legitimacy anymore since that was years ago) but that was back when I was a little more nervy in college.
    '93 Giant Sedona ATX custom
    '93 Giant Sedona AtX aero-edition
    '73 Schwinn Suburban
    '95 Fuji Suncrest