mtbr member

Anyone have Brown St Trail maps?

Took a spin thru Brown St today,(Mtn Top) looks like there is some logging going on.
    I came across a few trails I havent seen before. Does anyone have a trail map they care to share?

Joe
    "foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    You'll have to ride them all until you have them memorized and then tattoo it on your chest like the rest of us.

Actually, I don't know - but doesn't a map spoil the fun?

mtbr member

Heavy Logging....

....took place in the fall and winter.....just getting it back together over there.....next time I am riding over there will let you know....like MtnTrek says...no maps...just memories...
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Go Big or Die Tryin'
    Has anyone ridden from the brown st entrance to dead deer yet this year? Just wondering what kind of shape its in.
    Slugs love beer.

mtbr member
    Alot of progress has been made on reclaiming the trails damaged during the logging, but there is still plenty of work to be done. Middle Finger (the first singletrack you hit from Brown St.) was cleared and smoothed out although I haven't ridden it yet. Rollercoaster (the last singletrack back down to Bentleys) is just about done and very rideable. I have not been to Dead Deer or Hell Trail but they weren't heavily affected by the logging as far as I know. It's tough to get out to work on those trails because they are so hard to get to but when they are done that route is going to be freakin' awesome.

Go for the throat
    Anybody know the details surrounding that incredibly sloppy logging operation? Judging by the aftermath, it seems as if someone had a few weeks to grab as much timber as they could without any regard for the forest. I bet as many if not more trees were knocked down to gain access as were harvested. The place is a total mess and a devastating forest fire waiting to happen.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who helped reclaim the trails.

mtbr member
    Lets set a date & do some TM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkad
    Lets set a date & do some TM.
    Sounds like a plan!!

Today I spent about 5 hours raking/clearing "Hell Trail". I rode up the old Ashley Plane from Bentleys and went in from that direction so I still don't know exactly what condition Dead Deer is in yet. As for 'Hell Trail" - there is a new entrance that is higher up on the plane from the old one. I marked it with a pile of rocks so it shouldn't be TOO hard to find. I did the new re-route at the beginning last, so it's not yet as meticulously done as the rest of the trail, but will be soon enough.

And I started at the end, where the "new" Hell Trail meets the old "Trail From Hell" and it looks like the quads have abandoned it so far which means I'll have to get out there and rake/clear that last section which won't be too bad since I left a rake out there.

The trail called "Nowhere" which goes from the end of Hell Trail up to the top of the mountain to access 'Rollercoaster" and "Smashing Plates" is clear and as I mentioned Rollercoaster is ready to rock and really needs to be ridden to pack it all down and make it fly. However the entrance is hidden, so anybody who doesn't already know where it is will need to hook up for a group ride.

So as far as a TM get-together is concerned, what still needs to be done is:

Clear out/re-route the end of Killer Bee to meet up with the new Hell Trail entrance.
    General maintenance of Dead Deer.

It doesn't sound like much, but Killer Bee will need a chainsaw and more help always makes the work go by faster.

mtbr member
    Want to shoot for one night this week? Im sure we can round up a few people.

mtbr member
    Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday would work for me.

mtbr member
    How about Thursday? What time will work for you? I'm going to try to get a few more people. Do you have a game plan?

mtbr member
    Continued on the TM thread....