mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Anyone around the West Chester area?

howdy folks, new to the forum but not to riding. i live in the WC boro and alternate between the harmony hill trails and s. campus trails, 3-4 rides a week. just wondering if anyone else on the forum is local. no clip-ins, no spandex, AM-FR types. cheers.

-ryan.

mtbr member
    I'm out in east goshen. I ride harmony hill fairly often. I like to hit up the wiss, white clay, fair hill, french creek and marsh creek as well.
    Pugsley, Bullit

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    i get down to white clay somewhat often during the warm months. still looking to venture out to both creeks with someone who has been there before. do you by chance know brian fulton? is your pugsley white?

mtbr member
    I don't know brian, and yes it's white and I usually have a frame bag on it.
    Pugsley, Bullit

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    my buddy and i were in the white van the other day, getting out as you guys were heading in. i commented on your bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I'm in Glen Mills, about 15 minutes from Dub C.

mtbr member
    I'm usually down for a ride. Shoot me a PM whenever. I'm trying to talk my bro into hitting the wiss right now.
    Pugsley, Bullit

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I'm actually trying to go to the wiss tomorrow and it would be nice to have some company haha. Pm me if you wanna hook up

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by name_dropper
    howdy folks, new to the forum but not to riding. i live in the WC boro and alternate between the harmony hill trails and s. campus trails, 3-4 rides a week. just wondering if anyone else on the forum is local. no clip-ins, no spandex, AM-FR types. cheers.

-ryan.
    Uh, there are lots of great riders around here that just happen to wear spandex and use clip-ins.... really I don't see what that has to do with anything....

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    i dont remember correlating equipment choice with riding ability. i do however correlate equipment choice with riding style, and i am looking for some people to ride with that are of the same AM/FR mindset. do you take your spandex and clip-ins to lift access bike parks? i'd assume not, but that doesnt mean you cant ride 30 miles much faster than me. i know there are lots of XC'ers around here, i see the groups of 10-12 at harmony hill frequently. and there is a reason i dont ride with them. i was not looking to start a mud slinging contest, but thanks for bumping my thread... cheers!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    and please dont take my response or initial wording as a slight to XC'ers. i may have worded it roughly but i respect anyone and everyone on the trails. just looking for some like minded folks.

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    do you take your spandex and clip-ins to lift access bike parks?!
    In the last year, I've done Diablo once, blue twice, and spring mountain once. All four trips with clipless pedals. 1/2 of the trips with spandex (getting your shorts caught on the seat sucks as you're riding off a drop), and twice on my trail bike (the other two times on a borrowed DH rig).

Really, dude, just because I feel more comfortable being attached to my bike and wearing a certain type of shorts doesn't mean I don't like riding downhill.

If it makes you feel better, I don't judge riders by there pedal or clothing choices... I judge them by how much fun they are to be around.

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    i dont remember correlating equipment choice with riding ability.
    BTW, I don't remember correlating equipment choice with riding ability, either. Great to me, means a blast to ride with.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    ok, you've made it quite obvious you want to ride with me. badly.
    and don't worry, you can wear whatever you'd like!

mtbr member

around dubc

I am riding road right now several days a week but usually ride french, marsh creek, and blue marsh. Once I get le rigid 29er SS ill pm you.

BTW, I'm a student at wc. Live in exton though
    "oops" is too late.