Riding a Rig.

Anyone around Bethlehem?

Hey guys, I'm at Lehigh University for the first half of the summer session for the next month and a few weeks. Anyone in the area? I'd love to have some people to ride with.
    "Physics is timeless. Marketing and bs never lasts. Thats been proven time and time again."
    -Dave Weagle

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    Nah, no trails or mtb'rs in the valley....

http://bikevmb.com/

Might want to snoop around on campus, theres lots of wooded areas on south mountain....

just sayin....

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    There are two trail systems within 1 mile of your campus. There are the South Mountain trails, and the Sals trails. These are behind St Lukes hospital and you can do 10 miles there of challenging singletrack.

Tough Guy Extraordinaire
    Ride around the woods near the mountain top campus! Should not be hard to find. Lots of trails here! You'll find lots of cool folks also. You could also drop into Saucon Valley Bikes in Hellertown. They are a nice group of guys and I think they do a ride on Sundays or something like that.

mtbr member
    I'm thinking of hitting Sals early Sat if someone can guide me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    keep watching scheduled rides for sals at bikevmb.com

one trailhead is behind st lukes near the big smokestack and another is at dodson park.

For dodson park turn at wawa on broadway in fountain hill and go all the way UP to the little park.

The skill level to ride Sals is intermediate to advanced. Lehigh is a shade more difficult technically.

PVNEMBA vee pee
    Jan 2006
    I recently moved from Bethlehem to MA, but I can put you in touch with some great people to ride with. Drop me a PM. As others have mentioned, there's some really good riding right near you: Sals and South Mountain. Other notable riding areas within driving distance:

Jacobsburg
    Jordan (by tennis courts on Scherersville Road)
    Jim Thorpe
    French Creek
    Tamaqua
    Wiss

- Chris