mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Anybody ride in Exton?

I ride for exercise around Exton and enjoy a small section of singletrack along the way -- on the hillside north of Old Valley road. Someone is keeping this area up a little bit and I would like to help out if we could get a couple of people together. Not sure about legal stuff: just thinking of some low key trail maintenance.

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    how long is the singletrack there? (I work in exton, btw... but generally ride in d-town)

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Probably a couple of miles at most. I use it to break up my ride so its not all rail trail and road. The singletrack runs from ship road to the Malvern hunt neighborhood as far as I know. I run a loop from my place going out to Becton hill road and return along the rail trail that runs parallel to 30.

Skier by trade
    Aug 2006
    I am just off 926, I might be up for it.
    Click. Point. Chute.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Thanks Phil, though it's probably not worth driving to get there -- so much nicer stuff around if you get into the car. I live close so just send a message if you ever want to check it out anyway.

Skier by trade
    Aug 2006
    Betzwood in Valley Vorge
    WCU behind West Chester Univ.
    Marsh Creek up behind the lake
    Click. Point. Chute.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoeman
    I ride for exercise around Exton and enjoy a small section of singletrack along the way -- on the hillside north of Old Valley road. Someone is keeping this area up a little bit and I would like to help out if we could get a couple of people together. Not sure about legal stuff: just thinking of some low key trail maintenance.
    I know a couple guys that ride there every week, they live in the developments towards the top of that ridge. I've only been over there once but they said they get out to do maintenance pretty regularly.

From what I hear that section of land was recently purchased by the township to become a park. So 1) it's legal to ride and 2) it will become a park over the next few years.

I'm in West Chester, but closer to Exton (pottstown pike/boot road intersection). I usually get down to Brandywine a couple times a week.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Cool -- I guess they are the guilty trail builders! please tell them thanks for me and let them know that I'm willing to help if the need it.
    Mike

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    The pipeline downhill headed out of that neighborhood is an old favorite we used to ride when I lived in exton station. If you cross over 30 on ship rd there are trails behind the little league fields along the pipe/power lines that lead to the proposed/soon to be business park. These trails follow the railroad and there are some jeep trails back in there along with some jumps. best way is to go up ship rd towards W.C. make a left into the baseball fields and follow the double track out the back you can cross the next road too. Nothing special but a close to home ride. Good luck

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Thanks- I will check it out!!!