long standing member

Any word on Seven Springs opening date and/or trail expansion?

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about Sevens Springs for the '08 season. With Seven Springs in the west, Denton up north and Blue Mountain opening up in the east, us PA downhiller's should finally be able to get a variety of riding in without having to leave the state.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    haha, i've got the word on it for you. it's called not until after you get those new bikes of yours!

anyway, i got a good earful from duffy when he stopped in. i can't say anything official, but i might be prone to passing on a rumor to those who stop by the shop.

yeah, it's looking good for us gravity junkies in the state.

p.s. 2nd weekend in feb is rays.
    Last edited by bighitdon; 01-21-2008 at 07:40 PM.

Uphill? What's that
    I havent heard anything lately. But when i spoke to the people at 7 springs this fall they were talking about adding at least 2 more trails this year. They also wanted to open on memorial day. Like i said nothing official but i've got my fingers crossed.

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by bighitdon
    haha, i've got the word on it for you. it's called not until after you get those new bikes of yours!

If I'm home count me in
    Last edited by be350ka; 01-21-2008 at 08:00 PM.

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by bighitdon
    anyway, i got a good earful from duffy when he stopped in. i can't say anything official, but i might be prone to passing on a rumor to those who stop by the shop.
    Hmmm, I'm intrigued. I'll stop by tomorrow. I need to order some more bike stuff anyway.
    Damn, I gotta take the Mrs. to NYC that weekend for a blasted bridal shower. I'm down for a trip later this winter, though.

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    Hmmm, I'm intrigued. I'll stop by tomorrow. I need to order some more bike stuff anyway.

Damn, I gotta take the Mrs. to NYC that weekend for a blasted bridal shower. I'm down for a trip later this winter, though.
    Now I'm intrigued. Why do you need to go to a B-R-I-D-A-L S-H-O-W-E-R??????

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Bob
    I havent heard anything lately. But when i spoke to the people at 7 springs this fall they were talking about adding at least 2 more trails this year. They also wanted to open on memorial day. Like i said nothing official but i've got my fingers crossed.
    Cool, thanks for the info.

Does anyone have first-hand feedback about the trail(s) they've built already? I've seen the Sicklines Video and it looks pretty sweet, mostly buffed jumps kind of like a (mini) Dominion at Diablo. I think their idea of adding a few trails a year is a good one, especially if they're taking their time to do a nice job with the design and construction. I'm looking forward to checking the place out.

If you won't build I will
    I hit the trail they had open last summer like 3 weeks in a row. It's fun, fast and flowy as hell, easy trail to hit, but fun.

Anyone know anything yet?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nitzer
    I hit the trail they had open last summer like 3 weeks in a row. It's fun, fast and flowy as hell, easy trail to hit, but fun.
    Sounds like World Cup XC. Any long climbs? Tell me more.

Uphill? What's that
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant
    There is only one small uphill section ( maybe 50 yards long)
    If you want to see what the trail was like last year there is a video on Sicklines.com

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant
    It's a downhill trail. Only 450 feet of elevation lost from top to bottom, so it doesn't sound like there are any steep sections. Not XC though, there are jumps and stuff.

Link to Sicklines video

I think that Seven Springs holds a 24 hour XC race every year so there's got to be plenty of XC trails on site. I doubt they use the DH trail, though.

Uphill? What's that
    I think that Seven Springs holds a 24 hour XC race every year so there's got to be plenty of XC trails on site. I doubt they use the DH trail, though. [/QUOTE]
    There is a 13 mile xc course they use for the 24 hour race.
    Alot of the technical single track was removed last year so they could build condos.
    There is still some nice single track at the top of the mountain.
    The majority of what is left is double track and fire roads.

I think that Seven Springs holds a 24 hour XC race every year so there's got to be plenty of XC trails on site. I doubt they use the DH trail, though.
    Alot of the technical single track was removed last year so they could build condos.
    The majority of what is left is double track and fire roads.[/QUOTE]

The XC trail is on the top, lots of rocks and some fun stunts! I'm told that there is a 60? mile loop some where there...

Uphill? What's that
    I think you used to be able to jump on Forbes trail a couple of years ago ( maybe thats how they got 60 miles out of it) but you are not allowed on Forbes trail with bikes anymore.
    If someone knows anything different i would love to know where all the trails are.

And yes there are some nice rocky trails at the top of the mountain, but i have never seen any stunts.

And yes there are some nice rocky trails at the top of the mountain, but i have never seen any stunts.
    They may be new?
    There mostly made of the big rocks, and have expert only sings on them, I found one spot way off the trail that had some skinnys and some north shore going between the rocks, do know if it was built by 7S or what ever, but if you look you can find some fun stuff up in the woods there...

Nice no rass
    The majority of what is left is double track and fire roads.[/quote]

Yep, and the last remaining technical section, the Rock Garden is now going to be developed into more condos this Summer.

Nice no rass
    Quote Originally Posted by nitzer
    The majority of what is left is double track and fire roads.
    The XC trail is on the top, lots of rocks and some fun stunts! I'm told that there is a 60? mile loop some where there...[/quote]

Easily 60 miles. 7S is smack dab in the middle of the State snowmobile trails. You can go North all the way to Laurel Mtn./Linn Run or South all the way down around Qeubec Run. Granted, little to none is singletrack, it's mostly double track snowmobile trails and Summer access roads. I've done the ride from 7S to Laurel, but not South.

Uphill? What's that
    [
    Yep, and the last remaining technical section, the Rock Garden is now going to be developed into more condos this Summer.[/QUOTE]

Damn that sucks.
    That rock garden was one of my favorite trails.