mtbr member
    May 2006

Any trails near Pottsville/Schuylkill county?

I live in the Lehigh Valley and just started working down in Pottsville. I'm not familiar with the area at all and was hoping I could find some place to ride close to Pottsville since I'm driving there anyway. Was looking for singletrack and not really interested in anything too tame (jeep roads).

mtbr member
    Depending upon your travel directions, could hit up Trexler on way home and Tamaqua has some awesome riding. Nearly every month we have a group ride at the Bungalow in Tamaqua or you could PM me and I could arrange a tour of the place. You could take the long way home and hit Swatara down outside of Pine Grove as well.

Bdub
    Live to ride, ride to live

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Swatara is an interesting option I may check out one day. I consider Trexler my home trail (closest to my home anyway). But Tamaqua is the perfect answer to my question. I drive directly through there on the way to work so I wouldn't have to alter my route at all. I've been looking at the Coal Cracker Classic posts and the trail seems like a lot of fun. Can you give me any information on it? Seems like it's a little over five miles of trails (unless that was just the race course). Is it easy to get lost over there or could someone new find their way around without a guide? I might hit you up for a tour anyway. Thank you for your help!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    As said before with my own text added

Trexler ripp'in climbs with smooth flows...
    Tamaqua old mine land with really cool stuff(recommendo hitting the ride with Barry) Swatara, really cool flow with few climbs

All are great!
    Enjoy

mtbr member
    PM'ed ya. Riding tomorrow, 9:00 AM

Bdub
    Live to ride, ride to live

mtbr member
    Like bwargula mentioned, Swatara would definitely be the long way home for you, but worth checking out sometime.
    St Clair has some motorcycle/enduro trails, but they are pretty rocky.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I live in Mary D, between middleport and Tamaqua right off 209. riding is mostly rocky singletrack with some new trails we are building as time allows us to do. Total loop is almost 20 miles but can be broken down into many different options. You can also ride the ridge (part of the expert loop of the bungalow) and drop down into the lower loop of the bungalow. We just rode the trail this weekend and ride time was about 2 hours from my house. If interested give me a pm. usually we start anywhere between 4:30 and 5:30.
    There are alot of hidden trails around our area some people love them and some hate them. Stop in at DNA bike shop in tamaqua left side of street after the 2nd light coming from pottsville. If you get to the third light went to far. Rich knows just about every trail around too.
    Ronnie

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    MaryD Standard is an awesome RIDE! Bring your Legs....and your lungs will help too....little bit of everything. Hope ya like Tech Singletrack and one of the best flow trails around (Hub Cap) Just Pedal Damn It!
    Climbing Builds Character

mtbr member
    If I was to go up to the Coalcracker/bungalo trail's is it pretty easy to follow? I found the route on Strava so at least I wouldnt be totally lost. I'm in the lehigh valley and this isnt far from me.
    13 Banshee Rune, Pushed Fox 36Float RC2, I9 Blunt35's

T1 barcode, pitchfork's, Hazard light's and profile's