mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Any riders in/around New Hope, PA?

I've just moved to New Hope and am curious if there are any riders in the area. I'm new to mountain biking, but would love to tag along on a few rides. Let me know where and when.

Thanks!
    Clint

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by price999
    I've just moved to New Hope and am curious if there are any riders in the area. I'm new to mountain biking, but would love to tag along on a few rides. Let me know where and when.
    Thanks!
    Clint
    Clint welcome! Besides the people you will meet from here, be sure to also check out the group in my signature (Singletrack Attack). We host rides all the time including beginner/intro rides.

trail addict
    I grew up down there and visit once a month or so. The only good mt biking I know of is at Ralph Stover Park. Lots of fun singletrack. There is other riding around, but I got into mt biking after I moved away. Ralph Stover is about 20-25 min north of New Hope. If you'd like to meet there sometime, let me know.

Jamie
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    fightnut - thanks for the reply and I'll check the link you provided for details.

Uncle Six Pack - Let me know when you're up for it and we can hit Ralph Stover.

Thanks again,

Clint

mtbr member
    Most riders around new hope ride on dildo seats.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Real Niiice...thanks for the visual sasquatch. I think I just puked in my mouth just a little.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I hope that the VT in your name does not stand for Vermont.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by VTSasquatch
    Most riders around new hope ride on dildo seats.
    That's not cool at all.

Ralph Stover is a good time but it might be a bit technical for someone just getting started.

trail addict
    fightnut - thanks for the reply and I'll check the link you provided for details.

Thanks again,

Clint
    I am heading down to see some family and friends this weekend. We have a graduation party Sunday, but then I am planning to ride Ralph Stover sometime monday or early tuesday-the 16th or 17th (we are taking off sometime later tuesday). So if you are still interested, PM me your phone number by Sat and I'll give you a call. I'll be on my new (used) 6" dual susp, but I've ridden there before on a hardtail. If you haven't made it there yet, I'll warn you that I consider it kinda technical in some spots (rocks, logs, climbs) but there are nice fast smooth sections, too.

Jamie
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

trail addict

Thanks again,

Clint
    Never-mind, I have obligations all week long that I just realized! AHHHGH-I was looking forward to riding someplace I haven't been to in a while. Sorry.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    sounds good Jamie, PM'ed you my phone.

Clint

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgorth
    That's not cool at all.

Ralph Stover is a good time but it might be a bit technical for someone just getting started.

Blasphemy!

Ralph Stover is the first place I mountain biked.

Why do people insist on shielding beginners from challenging trails. How else are they supposed to get better?

I've since moved away, but try to ride there every time I go home to visit my parents. That place will always be a special place form me. I doubt I'd be as comfortable on technical trails had I not grown up riding there. Heh, I just realized I've been riding at Ralph Stover for over half my life. It's changed a lot in that time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    anyone up for riding this weekend? I'm up for Sat or Sun so PM me if your interested.

Clint

stumpjumper2008
    I could ride tomorrow mid day if you're still around.

I'm hoping to be riding High Rocks tomorrow at 11 or so if things go okay otherwise.

If you see a green Xterra, track me down.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I wish I could make it tomorrow, but I'll be at work all day.