Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Any one from Erie still getting out?

Or has the snow trapped everyone inside?

I'll go. Post up !

Ride da mOOn Moderator

New question here.

rokhound:

I'm not form Eire, but I hit the Steelhead run out there every year. So where do you ride? I'll be out there again in September and plan to bring the mt bikes and hit some trails.

LC

I play hard to want
    The snow doesn't have me trapped...the cold does
    It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Asbury and Penn State

mtbr member
    I was out at Penn State the other week with my bro. trail was mostly mud and snow it should be better by now. Im looking to hit asbury sunday. I will fill you all in on what they look like. given I can get someone to watch the little one.

-NEPMTBA
    I am a big steel head and trout fishermen too. Look me up next time your planing on coming up I tell ya where there hittin.
    in the mean time check out Fisherie.com they have some great info.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by jeeptree
    I was out at Penn State the other week with my bro. trail was mostly mud and snow it should be better by now. Im looking to hit asbury sunday. I will fill you all in on what they look like. given I can get someone to watch the little one.

-NEPMTBA
    I am a big steel head and trout fishermen too. Look me up next time your planing on coming up I tell ya where there hittin.
    in the mean time check out Fisherie.com they have some great info.
    jeeptree:

Thanks I will take you up on that great offer. Maybe we can hit a Mt Bike ride out there also this September! And if you ever get to the NEPA area we have lot's of a rides to take you on. Fishing also! No Steelies though!...LOL!

mtbr member
    Just waiting on parts to finish my build and I will be hitting up Asbury.
    Anyone been over that way yet? How are the trails?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    We've built a few small things this winter when the weather got decent there for a couple days. I'm on an Orange Spesh, A small group of us ride at 10am on Sundays till it warms up then they go at 9. Ive been busy so I haven't been out, not sure the groups getting together yet or not but most likely.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rokhound
    We've built a few small things this winter when the weather got decent there for a couple days. I'm on an Orange Spesh, A small group of us ride at 10am on Sundays till it warms up then they go at 9. Ive been busy so I haven't been out, not sure the groups getting together yet or not but most likely.
    I read there is now a suspension bridge or something like that, correct? And if so where?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    A steel bridge was put in a few years back but not a suspension bridge that I know of.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rokhound
    A steel bridge was put in a few years back but not a suspension bridge that I know of.
    Yeah I know where that is, another Erieite on another post said there was something resembling a draw bridge

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by VWMTBScott
    Yeah I know where that is, another Erieite on another post said there was something resembling a draw bridge
    umm yeah im lost on that one too. oh and no babysitter this last weekend so no bikie bikie ( that's baby talk for riding bike, man I got to get out of this house and hit the trails ) but I will check it out given some free time.
    on the other hand Iv been thinking the only free time I will get this year is at night so anyone interest in some night riding

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by VWMTBScott
    The only thing that comes to mind might be the skinny that someone built across a downed tree over by walnut creek? Its alot of fun I just hope asbury/millcreek don't get pissed about people building back there.

Anyway I'm up for night riding if others want to get together for some rides. I'm usually at Asbury or Behrend a few times a week depending on my work schedule. Ill be on a blue kona coiler this season so just say hey if you see me around.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I was really hoping to come to Erie for the day Saturday but lasts time I checked the weather didn't look good

poormtnbkr
    Sep 2007

Asbury at around 6:00 pm today 4/8? See you there.

I've been out but mostly out on the streets to let the trails harden up. Today would be nice with all of the wind the past couple of days.

keep the scene tight

mtbr member
    Im thinking about heading out on Thursday I got the day off and it look as if the weather should be good to do some riding. but who knows that could change in hours here in Erie.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Poormtnbkr
    I've been out but mostly out on the streets to let the trails harden up. Today would be nice with all of the wind the past couple of days.

keep the scene tight
    Ahhh wish I could be there, I'll put a post up when I have a day off and looks like the weather will be nice and try to get a group together.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I've been out a couple times on my roadie, and a couple times on my mtb down in kittanning at my parent's house... yeah, the weather is supposed to be rainy / chilly with a few snow flakes this weekend... bummer!

-Josh

I play hard to want
    I'll be out at Asbury on saturday. I'll let you know how it is.

Last year Asbury was pretty decent this time of year, although everything on the other side of Millfair was too muddy until May, and Walnut creek was way too high & fast cross safely (at least for me).
    It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Offrampmotel
    I'll be out at Asbury on saturday. I'll let you know how it is.

Last year Asbury was pretty decent this time of year, although everything on the other side of Millfair was too muddy until May, and Walnut creek was way too high & fast cross safely (at least for me).
    What time are you heading out?

I play hard to want
    Probably around 1:30 or so. I get out of work at 12:30, and need time to change and drink something.

This is going to be my first ride (or any type of exercise at all, for that matter) since November!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I was also hoping to get out to Asbury on Saturday afternoon... I think I have a buddy from work talked into it. I've never been over there before.

Not sure it will fit into the schedule though; I'm leaving Wed to go out of town for a few days and am going to be traveling all next week as well. That means I'll have a lot of stuff to do over the weekend. (Plus I'm picking up my wife's new bike at Competitive Gear on Saturday - she's getting a Trek Pure for family rides...)

If I can make it, I'll be on a black Gary Fisher and my buddy will be on a Red GT... (We'll try to get out of your way!)

-Josh

mtbr member
    Just got back from asbury. Man did it fell good to be out. Just a little up date on the statis of the trails. grassy area in the brown barn area are very muddy and I dont suggest going that way till it drys up some. Other then that most of the trails were dry. it was a plast!!!! the nice thing about asbury is that everyone was cool with you being on the trail. I had so meny people stop and say come on. its ok to pass with a smile and not a pissed off look like you get on so meny other trails here in erie.

ps. no suspension bridge.
    Last edited by jeeptree; 04-17-2008 at 09:00 PM.

mtbr member
    Went out last night with a few friends and had a blast. Like others have stated, there are a few muddy sections but most of the trails are great.

mtbr member
    bigkat,
    what time did you go out at?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast