mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Any chance to escape the snow this weekend?

I live in Philly and am willing to drive 2 hours in any direction to find some dirt this weekend. My last few snow rides in the Wissahickon have sucked; iced up cleats, icy ruts, and a ton of walking. Anyone have local trails within a 2 hr drive from Philly that arent snowed up to bad? Anyone know the conditions in white clay?

MrR

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Don't bother headed north towards Upper Bucks Co. Was on Nockamixon's new trails which some some PMBA guys from Wiss came up to help out on some build days - 6 inches of snow plus hunters there.

The Crazy Cat Lady of VRC
    Don't fight the snow...embrace it.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Nice image Steve...
    Ahh... going single... proper for the weather and terrain....
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Unclip the peddles, clip on the skis Rode last weekend and it was slippery and fun. We have 6 to 10 inches around the Williamsport area, a buddy and I are heading to Crystal lake to do some cross country skiing. Maybe we will get a mid winter thaw.. Wherever you end up have a great time and post a report!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Xc Skiiiii !

I just got in the third XC ski of the season at the local park. Just kickin' & glidin with the 4-5 inches we got here in Berks. It felt great and is a good break from the bike.
    I have a new setof BC skis & boots I purchased at the end of the season last year that need deeper snow to really take advantage of so I'm going to go ahead an say it.......

LET IT SNOW!!!
    Video Production for Energy & The Environment
    www.levelaproductions.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    go south. best bet. they got spared with lots of new snow from last weekends 6 inches. try fair hill or white clay/middle run.

mtbr member
    how bad is the wiss?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I had a nice ride at Wiss last Saturday on the rigid 29er. There was about 15 other die hard's out there and conditions were not bad at all. I suspect it's still ridable with the few inches we got this week... Ardent 2.4 tires at 20psi worked extreamly well in the snow.
    26FS & 29Rigid... best of both worlds

mtbr member
    For anyone that is interested, the Wiss is ridable. Not perfect, but perfectly ridable!