Thread: Another day.

mtbr member

Another day.

I wanted to take a ride tonight, nothing too long. I was alone (except for the dog) and wanted to do some exploring. I find riding alone on newer trails makes things a bit more exciting. I parked at the top of the Freeland Mountain near Upper Lehigh, and worked my way in on old quad paths. I found some trails certainly not great biking trails, but
    They had a flow of up’s & downs. I followed them to the edge of the Mountain and proceeded downhill…a sweet downhill. I arrived at the base of the old Beach Mtn ski slopes.
    I had been here a number of times, and the climb back up was a Mother. Loose gravel, rocky, eroded, long…but not too steep. I have never been able to make it to the top without stopping to rest or put a foot down due to poor lines.
    As I started to climb, I was feeling good…thinking to myself “Today I WILL make this climb.” It’s about a two mile climb and I was half way there…no burning legs, not today.
    I was in the groove. As things steepened up a bit I began to loose traction and spin,
    Not wanting to stop I turned slightly up the off camber of the path onto more solid ground…no stopping…no stopping…the front tire lifted…I cant stop…keep peddling, as I rode a wheelie to the point of no return I didn’t stop peddling or take my hands off the bars until I was on the ground. A crash up-hill. Elbow first into the ground. Not good.
    I dusted myself off, and walked up the rest of the way, thinking how close I was.
    Some day my friend…some day.

mtbr member

The Challenge....

yes we all have them...that spot or spots on the trail that quicken the pulse...tighten the gut....and reach down to a primal emotion.........yes someday.....we will conquer....and then the search begins for that spot that evokes those feelings and emotions.....Ride On!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Joe:

Sounds like you had the plan in place... Keep trying you'll make it!

mtbr member
    Lee, Did you get my e-mail?