Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Another awesome ride on the moon

1K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  JeffSkisMontana 
#1 ·
It was a fantastic day to ride the moon, the weather was perfect, the trails were perfect, lots of awesome people to ride with......:thumbsup:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice, I really wish I could have joined you today. I was planning on being on the trails at the Moon for midnight, but I accepted an offer for a date tonight. Now, I am thinking it might have been a better idea to go riding!!! Have a Happy New Year!!!

#6 ·
Last ride of the year...

.....and it turned out great.....what a fitting way to finish a superb riding year.....could not believe the conditions.....firm, fast, and believe it or not dusty!.....thought we would be fighting some mud and frost heave.....

Attachments

#7 ·
34 degrees....

......with not a trace of wind.....after the day after Christmas ride.....this felt sooooo good!...........had some fun trying to catch riders through the hole in the tree on MoZee.....tough to do...

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
lotsa riders out today.....

.....our group consisted of 5 riders from Danville area....Matt, Brett, Colby, Matt's Daughter's boyfriend, and Jeff K. 2 from the valley.....KuhlCat and John....and myself....a way into our ride we found the Bear............when we doubled back to do T Rex 1 the opposite way we ran into DirtRider and a friend......saw maybe 3 other solo riders......and we did see Glahnsters truck when we pulled in but never ran into him.....

Attachments

#10 ·
When we got to...

....the gate at the Moon...it was locked....lots of disappointed Ice Fisherman turned there vehicles around and left....a few hung in and hoofed it to the lake....

Attachments

#12 ·
Just didn't...

....feel like stopping the ride today......one of those days where you could keep riding and riding....and in some cases flying over the rocks on Screamer.....

Attachments

#13 ·
A couple of riders...

.....were first time Moon riders...one was on his first mountain bike ride on a brand new Ellsworth Evolve....John P. cleared 3 obstacles he has never made before....it was just one of those kinda rides....

Attachments

#21 ·
It was such a great day for a ride, the weather was perfect, good to see everyone out enjoying the trails on the last day to ride in 2010. I decided to take Gary out for the ride, man what a different ride than the Pugsley!
Hope you don't mind, I'll add my video from the day in this post.

#22 ·
Nice pics. it was a nice day. Whats up with John Denver and no helm? I'm shocked.
I'm just back from a solo New Years Day ride. Hope every one has a great new year Can't ask for a better time for new starts. Wish you guys would let me know when rides are kickin' off. After all some one has to be the slowest .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.