mtbr member
    Jan 2003

American Standard Sunday

Hey all, I'm back on home turf this weekend, Adam and I are thinking about hitting the AS, on Sunday, anyone is welcome, always fun to ride with new peeps, and ya know, ride one of the best trails this part of the country has to offer.

Let me know, we have not set a time yet, but whatever works for all involved......I do have to be home in time for the Sponge/Everclear/Live concert that evening though ;p
    Climbing Builds Character

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    In, with a possible second-helping of a nearby trail for any Singletrack Gluttons that show up.

I may, or may not, be *****ing about new shoes, tires, etc., you have been warned.

I vote for a 10am FIP time (that's Feet In Pedals for those who don't know), latest. 9am could work for me too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    Ok I'm headed to B-Timore for a ball game tonight, I'll talk to Adam, 10 am is cool with me. Upper Lot?

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by vack View Post
    Ok I'm headed to B-Timore for a ball game tonight, I'll talk to Adam, 10 am is cool with me. Upper Lot?
    If that's the one where AS and DP are across from each other, yes.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    alas, I can not make it.

"stuff" changes.

I'll be back though, in July.

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    No Problem Bear, met a couple nice dudes from Jersey up there....they never rode anything up there, they were going to do the Broad Mountain Loop.....I talked them into DP I and DP II. I don't like riding alone, so it was nice, I got to ride some really fun single track back home, and showed some folks something new. Few Bikers out as well. Met another guy from Lehighton, going to get with him next time I'm home to ride as well. It's great to see people up there riding. I love it up there.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    My wife and I are in the area as we speak, and we couldn't find the American Standard trail off 93. In town they told us AS was closed so don't bother, but it looks like many here have been riding it anyway. If we're able to find the trail head, is it easy to follow or do we need a guide? Lastly, we attempted to ride Broad Mountain Loop but it was 90% rocks. For whatever reason, some knuckleheads decided to completely ruin an otherwise decent trial.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I always start from the lot up on top of the hill on '93 and ride AS counter-clockwise. It's not that hard to follow once you get onto it, but you definitely need to know where a couple of the intersections should take you. It's not that it's unmaintained/overgrown that is the problem, it's that the continuance is not always directly where you come out of singletrack and you need to travel a bit on doubletrack before continuing.

That said, I haven't been out there in about a month and of course it could be more grown in than the last time I was there. ;^)

I have some maps n stuff online if you want them, I've used the map/gps tracks : Index of /bear/maps/paJimThorpe

The KMZ files I have up there can be used in Google Earth of course, but they can also be used in some Garmin GPS receivers as Custom Maps. Very handy.