mtbr member

American Standard Ride 9/7/13

Riding the standard on Saturday with another member. Probably leaving upper 93 parking lot around 8am. Anyone interested? Should be about a 20 mile ride.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Clockwise or CCW?

mtbr member
    CCW I think? Maybe the guide will chime in haha. I've only ridden it once but I remember going that direction.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I'll be honest and say that I gotta see what one of my locals says IF HE ever gets back to me about Saturday, but there's a chance of a silver 29er showing up...even though I just rode it recently...with all your discussion about it last week I couldn't get it out of my mind and when I ended up at loose ends early Monday AM I went down and punched it out.

Would be nice to ride it without 90% humidity and 2 miles of rain-storm though, gotta say.

What about trail on the east side of 93 ... could add another 10 miles or so beyond the basic AS run and at least one very rewarding rock garden ...

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    Hey Adam;

I'm meeting those guys (Eddie) from Reading, 8:30am at the DD in Hometown, we'll be leaving from there. Adam you can meet me at the inlaws house I'll Facebook you the address. Bear if you can come out, that would be awesome.

These guys are from Reading, they want to learn the trail, so I'm going to show them the route that I know.

From Upper Lot:
    Down 93 to Truck Sign,
    Turn in right Single Track,
    Go Straight across Clearing,
    Rocky Trail to Dirt road (Right goes to Range) take a left all the way down to the Stagnant Grassy trail,
    Stay on Grassy Stagnant to a T,
    Make the left,
    then look for the single track right,
    Take that,
    cross creek, up the other side to boundary line,
    make right, look for single in to left,
    take that to Urinal,
    climb back out to grey gravel road,
    cruise down that till "No Girls Allowed"
    Take that back out to 93.
    Then do DP I and DP II,
    Take (What I always called Pine Tar) out to Power Line,
    up the power line,
    and then make a decision, take the gas line trail, or crank up a few more towers and rip the DPI back to the cars.
    End.

Anyone is welcome to join us, I'd say 9 am we'll be on the bikes riding....maybe sooner if people want. It's always nice to ride with new people and show them around, I'm looking forward to it. I figure we'll do a steady pace, nothing Racey, nothing lazy. I want these guys to learn the trail and where they are at, so they can pay it forward someday ;p
    Climbing Builds Character

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    I think the way we went is Clockwise Adam....That's the way I normally ride it. CCW would be going in No Girls Allowed first and ending at the Truck Pull off Sign. Doing it CW, dumps you across from the Deer Path Trails and a good transition into that.

Should be a good day, again, Bear I hope to see ya, if you want PM me I'll shoot you my number you can text me if your coming or call or whatever.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Two ppl coming from Kingston, targeting lot on 93 a bit before 9am.

The crazy one will be riding a singlespeed probably. Sick-o that he is.

mtbr member
    the other AS thread had gotten bwargula and I talking about doing a ride up there - maybe we could tag along with you guys? waddaya think b-dub?
    without hops the world stops

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I'm sure the more the merrier, this ride has already been essentially declared social pace so the people can learn the turns.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

mtbr member
    The more the better haha. I'll pm some of you guys my cell number just incase for the morning. Like posted above Dunkin Donuts in Tamaqua for 8:30 and should put us at the upper Rt-93 lot for 9:00. For anyone confused as to which parking lot it is, I have pinpointed it on Google Maps here,

http://goo.gl/maps/WjFK8

--Adam

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    Thanks Adam! I just pulled in the in laws here in Hauto, long ass drive from OBX! See you guys in the morn.

mtbr member
    Ok I had a mixup with the Dunkin meeting point. It is the one in hometown at the sunoco gas station not the one in Tamaqua. Sorry for that.

mtbr member

what a morning!

Joined the crew this morning up on da broad riding "the" American Standard! Rode it CW going in at the truck pull off and 16 miles later arrived back at the big lot for some hydration. Typed words can't do justice to the awesome adventure. Wow, great weather, great trail conditions, great group of riders...I was honored to be the proverbial DFL sweeper most of the time. Due to time restrictions (yeah, that's it, and I'm gonna stick to that!), didn't/couldn't ride the east side with DP1 & 2 plus all the other great trails on that side, next time. Thanks to Jason "Vack" for leading and lookin out for da backmarkers. Can't remember all 11 of us (lack of oxygen and mega amounts of rock will do that), but cool crew from Reading came up, Bear and "single-speed" Justin came down from up north, mbike mike from Bethlehem, and a few of us locals (AdamKob, Jason, me). What a day...life is good!

bdub
    Live to ride, ride to live

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    agreed. good deal.

apologies to the Reading crew for Justin and I blowing off the pub in JT ... too frustrated trying to find decent parking and we bailed down to a saloon not far out of Lehighton where we found a good spot at the bar to relax with a post ride beverage and good food.

The 2nd run didn't do the full DP loop, we just went down DP1 to the power lines and back, stopping up to the fun rock garden so that a chain could be snapped, a couple people could hit the rocks, and some camera hamming could be done.

Warming up by rolling down Hwy 93

And a couple snaps grabbed while others crossed the one creek on the route

And for those who care, here's what the whole ride looked like to my GPS

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    I have to say was excellent today! Great group of riders, and as always a great trail.

Bear thanks for showing me the "Bear's Den"
    And everyone else for having to deal with my chest cold...sorry about that!

Next time we will do the Deer Paths First and maybe reverse the Standard!

I would really like to do this ride with all involved at least once a year. I felt the group rode well together, and I hope all had as much fun as I did.

Going to upload a pic if it works from my phone....I found when I got back to the in laws that my little handlebar surfing incident left a mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails American Standard Ride 9/7/13-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Great ride! Thanks to Adam for posting, vack for leading and everyone else for making it a blast! Oh and nice pics bear
    without hops the world stops

mtbr member
    Glad everyone had a great time, I know I did. I heard talks of a Roaring Creek ride this weekend so look for that thread to pop up soon.

I've only got one photo from the urinal stop and the GPS is posted below as well.

American Standard - Mountain Bike Ride Profile | The American Standard Loop near Weatherly | Times and Records | Strava
    Deer Path 1 - Bike Ride Profile | Deer near Weatherly | Times and Records | Strava

DSCN0892 by adamkob, on Flickr

--Adam

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

American Standard shred fest!

VACK...wow
    I am still stoked from yesterdays ride!! I honestly could not have wished for a more EPIC day of riding than what we had...seriously!
    It was great to meet all of the fellow dirt lovers. It was quite amazing how well the crew gelled.
    BEAR, sorry about getting separated, yes parking was a bear to find (no pun intended) :-)
    No worries. Lets all get connected via FB so we can get together for awesome rides more often!! I'll place my email and whomever wishes please send me an email and I'll save your info.
    As of now I should be in for a ride at Roaring Creek...Unless you guys would like to ride Rattling Creek. I'll tell you its almost exactly like the AS trail, just more miles 24 to be exact. So, lets get it!!

Peace

Eddie

yetieddie5@gmail.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I could not make it sat. for the standard, but Adam and I rode Rattling Creek in the race. I would love to ride that again, also would love to get a group ride for the Mary D standard. About 4miles or so longer than AS but about the same venue.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vack View Post
    I have to say was excellent today! Great group of riders, and as always a great trail.

Bear thanks for showing me the "Bear's Den"
    And everyone else for having to deal with my chest cold...sorry about that!

Next time we will do the Deer Paths First and maybe reverse the Standard!

I would really like to do this ride with all involved at least once a year. I felt the group rode well together, and I hope all had as much fun as I did.

Going to upload a pic if it works from my phone....I found when I got back to the in laws that my little handlebar surfing incident left a mark
    hows the flesh wound healing up VACK? It seemed like the ground was hurt more than you where...lol
    You went down HARD bro!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    Healin Good Eddie! Went on a ride back here at home today, first one since Saturday, felt good.

Spring! Spring! Spring!