Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

... and if we just ... PA MTBR Ride 5/20 in Bethlehem, PA, you all better be there

Okay, since my last post i felt a little bad, but the one thing we ALL have in common is the trail, SOOOOOOOOOOOOO i would like to personally invite everyone(yes even you lee) to our new trail in the lehigh valley desinged and built by mtn bikers. So let's take a sunday and just ride together. Sure we'll bust a few chops but i GUARANTEE we'll forget about all the little "forum jabs" etc. So what do you say

may 20th, may 28th..........

I expect to hear from those who are the regulars and the "voyeurs"
    Last edited by Hackamo; 05-15-2006 at 06:21 AM. Reason: date change for ride

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Good idea.....
    what time of the day did you have in mind. Our ride group usually starts early on the weekend due to family obligations.
    Where is the trail located?

mtbr member
    early am start. mapquest: Dodson Street, Bethlehem PA 18107

PVNEMBA vee pee
    Jan 2006
    I think I'm in. We were going to do some of those trails next weekend, but I'm sure I can round up some buds to ride in mid-late May.

- Chris

^ The Trail Starts Here ^
    Hack:

Please don't include me in any of your rides or events! Including you Lee? What am I a favorite of yours? I feel special! I don't know you, nor do I wish to! OK?

From this point on I will not respond to any of your questions or messages!

GOT IT?
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

Freshly Fujified

My 20th works for me

I'm kidless that weekend, and Saturday works for me. Can't do it on a Sunday. Looking forward to getting a group ride together.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    lol, i need mad warning on anything further than rothrock, i only get 8 mpg

enjoy your ride and your trail.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Is that near action wheels bike shop in bethlehem? I picked my bike up a few days ago.

What exacty are you doing? Building trails or just riding? What kind of trails just paths or jumps and all?

Im in albrightsville

ganginwood
    this relationship between lee and hack is becoming quite absurd. you're each entitled to your opninons. all i ask is that you pm your differences to each other rather than post them . the advocacy thread was enough. this last post was just bad form. sorry lee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct

mtbr member
    edit.
    Last edited by LarryFahn; 05-14-2006 at 08:23 PM.

ganginwood:

Thank you!

I guess you should can Don (bithitdon) also. The use of ************ this is quite much!

LOL
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    no offense, but this thread is about us RIDING!!!!!! there are other threads to talk like this. Let' sat least keep one thread about purely riding(saying in a fun conversational light hearted way)

Larry:

I'm not fired up. I see way worse posts on here than mine! I might be aggressive! What are you preaching about you have more than enough of a problem with Merli yourself! I'm ok with ganginwoods decision. I was pee-od about the way Joe invited me That's all! I have every right to disagree with anyone and so do you!
    proformance58@cs.com

Joe's right!

I'll start.

We are blessed in the Wyoming Valley. We have trails from Forest City (above Carbondale) to Hazelton and south to Pottsville. In some roundabout way you could actually ride from one place to another. I'm not saying it's legal in anyway. Most of the land is old mining stuff. We also have rail/trails from Carbondale to the New York border in 2 different areas. One to Susquehanna, Pa and the other to Hancock, NY. From Wilkes Barre to Jim Thorpe is another although it is not officialy open all the way. On the other end the Ricketts area has many areas. Please don't ride the waterfall trail, STAY OUT OF THERE! From Rt 118 continue up Rt 487 to Mountain Springs area or what the local call the SGL road near the ghost town of Ricketts!

Tired already!
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    Looks like it's a go this weekend.

How does 9:30 saturday sound??? 1.5 hrs from schuckyll(sp) 1 hr from tamaqua, 1 hr from poconos.

Terrain: rocky,flowing singletrack. avg grade 3-7% with great technical rocky sections. All climbs are makeable by any level, but novice will take longer. Depending on the size we can break up into groups. I'm going to try and get group leaders so all you have to worry about is riding. Figure on 2 solid hrs of trail time. I will post directions soon.

Hope to see you ALL there

Freshly Fujified

Carpool from Philly???

If anyone from the Philadelphia area is looking to carpool, please let me know. With gas prices as they are, I'm in need of a means to help lighten the cost of getting up and back. I'd be willing to drive or go with someone else and pitch in for gas. Let me know if anyone is interested and we can work out logistics from there.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member

Salisbury trails?

Joe, are these the Salisbury trails that people at SMC keep bugging me about? It looks like the right area, from what I hear they are a lot of fun. I'll try to come down from JT, are you racing MASS on Sunday too?
    Jim Thorpe Trail Coalition
    http://jttrails.wordpress.com/

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    i am racing sunday so i have to bow out saturday...

if i try to go ride both days i may come home to find my girlfirend done left me

but yall should come to philly for the hell-ride!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I'd like to go but I'm not sure I can make it. I have to be back in the Phoenixville area around 1:30, about how long is the ride?

VMB
    le0p, the ride is about 1.5 hrs long. With a large group ride time might be a little longer. There are some bail out points along the way so if you need to get back to your car in a realatively short time its not too bad.

I still have to get the go ahead from the wife for Sat. Twin's first b'day is on Saturday so if errands are in, I'm out.

Freshly Fujified

Let me know

Quote Originally Posted by le0p
    I'd like to go but I'm not sure I can make it. I have to be back in the Phoenixville area around 1:30, about how long is the ride?
    I'm in Jeffersonville, and am planning on being home around the same time. If the ride starts at 9, even if we give it two and a half hours (I'm a slowpoke) that leaves us two hours to get back home. If the drive is more than 90 minutes each way, I'm going to have to think twice about going.

Bob

Edit: I just did a mapquest search and it's about an hours drive from my house. Let me know if you're in.

mtbr member
    Start Time: 9am
    start date: 5/20
    Bethlehem, PA 18015, US

General Directions:
    476 to Lehigh Valley Exit, follow signs for 22 East, then follow signs for 378 south. Cross over the Bridge(where musicfest is at) and go through 3 lights(spaced closely). At the 4th light(5 pt intersection) bear to your right, now your on broadway. Head up broadway and pass a WAWA and the next street is DODSON. Turn Right on Dodson and head all the way uphill until you run into a parking lot. We'll start there.

The terrain is challenging. You should have good fitness and the desire to ride some of the sweetest trails. Make sure the bikes are working good to cut down on mechanicals and food and water is a must. The ride will be about 2 hrs with bail out/emergency points. If you have a hardtail and a FS, i would recommend a FS even though we ride it with fully rigid singlespeeds, but for a group ride defintely your most efficient ride.

I'm excited to finally meet all of you and i'm sure the ride and discussions will be a blast.

mtbr member
    Lath, can't race sunday It's my 3yr old's birthday!!!!!!!!! He'll be 3

i may be able to go down to york to do some road races on saturday.

Hope you can make it saturday. The trails aren't as epic as AS, but the flow is great and completely Zen!!!

Freshly Fujified

Ride recap and pics

Just wanted to thank everyone who showed up in Bethlehem Saturday morning for the PA Forum group ride. As I said from the beginning, I don't remember most of your names, but it was good to meet folks from the board and get everyone together for the ride. A special thanks to Joe for coordinating the ride, and even moreso for his efforts in planning for, and eventually getting the trail built. What we rode was some very nice technical singletrack on Saturday, and I would recommend that you check the place out if you get the chance. I know I'll be going back with training wheels and full body armor.

The pics are my usual mish mash of yawners from the trailhead and at the end of the ride. Just remember, when the slowest guy in the pack has the camera, there are few, if any, action shots. To complicate the matter, I took my obligatory spill which took me out of commission early in the ride with a pretty nasty knot on my right forearm. I enjoyed the ride in spite of myself anyway.

You'll see form the pics I've provided that we had a pretty motley crew in attendance, that one major loved one was missing from the ranks, that I was the first one back to the trail head parking lot, sprawled out, whincing from my mishap (what a friggin' wuss), and that we had everything from fully rigid, single speed 29ers, to XC hardtail race bikes, to full suspension AM rigs to freeride bikes along for the ride. The trail seemed to suit all of them well.

It wouldn't be right if I didn't say thanks to Leo for driving and putting up with me during the trip to and from. I truly hope we get to do some after work and weekend rides together.

In all seriousness, fun, friendship and a newfound camaraderie were the order of the day. Let's just hope for a better cameraman next ride. Shheeesh.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    that was very kind of you to think of Lee's feelings joe, it is just a shame someone snagged that one where you weren't hiding your face.

hope you all had a great ride.

don

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast