SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006

Allentown Coopersburg area singletrack

What rides are in the area? I have found the info on Green Lane blue trail and was wondering what else there is? Planning a trip in 2 weeks and hoping to go explore something.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Transition Bandit 29
    Surly Ogre
    Surly Necro Pugs w/ Lefty PBR
    Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Not to thread jack, but how does Nox compare to Green Lane? Been riding GL for a while and need a change. Is it well marked or will I get turned around easily?

SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Energetik View Post
    Not to thread jack, but how does Nox compare to Green Lane? Been riding GL for a while and need a change. Is it well marked or will I get turned around easily?
    Lake Nockamixon Mountain Bike Trails - Home

there are tonsof maps and its a small area....

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    It also is well marked. Basically you just keep turning right and you'll hit the whole loop
    Transition Bandit 29
    Surly Ogre
    Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Thank you. How does the terrain compare? Specifically to the blue trail at GL?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I have only been to GL once, like 3 years ago, unsure which trail you refer to, but Nox is very flat and smooth- very beginner friendly but rewarding for an advanced rider as well, in that it gets rather challenging if you really up your speed.

I did say it is flat, but much of it is filled with little dips and such that you can pump through. I think for a casual ride the whole loop takes a little over an hour. Its fun to do it in one direction then do it in reverse.
    Transition Bandit 29
    Surly Ogre
    Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    I love riding at Sal's (Walking Purchase Park). After I moved, these became my local trails. Lot's of technical single track filled with fun little obstacles. If you go, ride counter-clockwise. Decent maps are available on Valley Mountain Biker's website along with a bit more information.
    The cake is a lie.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Energetic, GLP and Nox are different styles of riding. Nox is smooth flat and fast and it groomed very well, it is a great ride if you want to cover a bunch of ground. GLP as you know is rocky and natural or less groomed and probably a little more technical. I enjoy both if you are looking for new terrain you should check our Bear Creek as well, it is great right now.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Thank you! I rode Nox today. Love both GLP and Nox for different reasons. 2 great places to ride. Some one told me that if you don't bleed at Bear Creek you aren't riding hard enough...still intend to get up that way some time soon.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Glad you got over there, the first time I rode there I was blown away by the trail work and it sparked our interest in getting work done at GLP. I was hoping to go to Nox this weekend but this rain today may shut it down. I got beat up the first few times I rode BC but once you ride it you will be back, nothing in this general area compares to it. We will be out riding GLP this weekend as long as it is dry.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Lots. PM me and maybe we can hook up. You can even ride the XC nationals course at Bear Creek if you wanted to.