Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2013

Allegrippis Group Ride Anyone?

Was kicking around the idea with a buddy of mine about trying to organize a group ride at Allegrippis trails to see if we could get any type of interest.

Haven't really gone much further than discussing it post ride last weekend. At the very least it would be cool to meet some of the other local folks who are enjoying these awesome trails and perhaps find a few new riding buddies.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Where are these trails at?

Spring! Spring! Spring!

I usually go out there once a year and haven't been yet so I could be interested. Would need a copilot though (live about 2 hrs away), I'll ask around once a date is set.

For those few who don't know, these trails are at Raystown Lake near Huntingdon.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    I usually go out there once a year and haven't been yet so I could be interested. Would need a copilot though (live about 2 hrs away), I'll ask around once a date is set.

For those few who don't know, these trails are at Raystown Lake near Huntingdon.
    Thanks!! I'm pretty new to the area so idk alot of trails around here. I'd be interested in doing a group ride sometime.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I ride these trails a couple times a week since they are only about a half hour from my house, so I could certainly put together a fun ride.

These trails were designed in collaboration with the IMBA and purpose built for mountain biking. No long climbs or descents, just buttery smooth flowing trails. They remind me of a giant pump track with all the rollers and berms.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'd be interested. Another somewhat local here (State College). Raystown is a great network of trails. Nice alternative to Rothrock. Would be nice to meet some other riders too!

trail addict
    I may be interested and might let Bear ride with me. Depends on how it fits in with family obligations.
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I guess the next logical step would be to narrow down a date. It only seems fair to let the folks driving the furthest get first dibs.

I have kids too but like I said, these trails are right up the road from my house so I'm pretty flexible.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Let see if I can resurrect this thread. I going to try and make my first trip out to Allegrippis this weekend. I should be there somewhere around 11:00-11:30am. looking if anyone will be around for me to tag along with,I would say I'm a intermediate rider, good for 10-15 miles, ride a 29er hardtail. I am a clyde so can roll with the best of you, however when we climb I may have to meet you at the top. Anyway if anyone is interested, just let me know. If not ,no big deal I have a map and im sure I can find my way.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    What day are you going?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by onegearaddict View Post
    What day are you going?
    Ooops.... Saturday

mtbr member
    Son of a gun! I have plans to take the daughter to the NMBA Take a Kid MTBing Day at Shavers Creek on Saturday. As of right now, it is a no go for her, due to unacceptable behavior...but as any other dad out there knows, we'll be going anyway. Otherwise, I'd be all in for a day at Allegrippis.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    You could kill two bird and just come to Grippis for their "Take a Kid MTBing Day."

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I did the 2hr 40min drive this morning for my first ride At Allegrippis/ Raystown. HOLY **** this place is fast. Great ride , very well planed out and maintained. And thanks to everyone for the trail suggestions. I did .... Buck, Allie, Ridge, Rays (loved it), sidewinder, hydro (ccw) , Eagle, Switch, and Doe. 15 miles total, can't wait to go back.

mtbr member
    So 4 or 5 others plus myself are hitting Allegrippis on Sunday 10/6 saving that the weather forecast holds true and the rain is late evening that day. Haven't set a meet time, currently but will know that in a day or two. I'm guessing, as normal it would be somewhere between 10 and 11. All others are encouraged to join.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Where coming from?

mtbr member
    Philipsburg, State College and Williamsport.

mtbr member
    A few may be camping.

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    Bunch of us, at least 5 coming from Johnstown Area Sunday Morning....Going to try to be there by 10ish.
    Climbing Builds Character

mtbr member
    May 2013
    That's awesome. A nice change of pace from some of the trails you might be used to riding up there at Rothrock.

My wife just "asked" if I could ride Sunday instead of Saturday so I'll be out there for a ride sometime mid-morning myself.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I was actually replying to BlackMoBomb on that Rothrock comment and didn't even see your reply until I posted Vack.

Have either of you guys ever ridden Gripps?

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    Yes we have, a few times, but not so often that I don't have to stop and look at a map here and there at intersecting Trails. Usually once a season I try to get there.
    Climbing Builds Character

mtbr member
    No, onegearaddict, I haven't. I plan on being there around 10 whether I am solo or with the group. My wife was just asking , at lunch, if I could go Saturday so she can do a big road rode out in Lehigh Valley on Sunday! I said, "Lock the kids in basement, cause I'm going to Allegrippis!!"

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I am headed there from NJ for the first time with 2 friends this weekend. Any must do trails? I like the sounds of fast and flowing trails :-)

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Well I'll be there Sunday around 10 if anyone wants to hook up for a ride or try to organize a last minute group ride.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast