Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Allegripis Mileage?

722 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Blue Bye 
#1 ·
If you rode every trail in the Allegripis trail system, how many miles would you ride? I know I could look at a trail map and add up the mileage, but I know most of you track the mileage on your computer or phone. And, I know you have to ride a couple of trails multiple times in order to get to all of them. So, I'm just looking for some ballpark figures here.

We rode there yesterday (Sunday, Oct. 6), and had an awesome day. This was the first time I was there while Dirtfest was not going on, and I think I enjoyed the trails more this time than ever before. I was also surprised to see how full the Seven Points campground was. It was like mid-season; tons of people staying there. We couldn't even find a spot by the lake. What a great day.

#2 ·
Hey, lamp, I was riding yesterday, too! Did you happen to see the hotwire job going on in the Baker Hollow lot? Anyhow, there are a total of 33 trail miles that can be combined to give you an epic ride...if your legs last!! We did roughly 16 doing the perimeter of the North Loops, but I had friends there the day before that put on 47 North and South combined with a lollipop and reverse route riding going on.

#3 ·
We did see the hotwire job going on as we were leaving. We first rode the perimeter of the North loop, came back to the parking lot to re-fuel. Then we did somewhat of an inner loop on the North side, repeating some of the trails we first rode. I know I was getting pretty tired coming up Osprey. After another re-fuel in the parking lot, we rode the Stony trail over to the South loop and did everything except for the Allegheny trail and came back on the Stony trail. I'm thinking we rode around 40 miles. We had a blast.

#6 ·
Same with us - we rode the South area on Sat afternoon and did about 17. Then we did the north section Sunday and rode about 16.5. And we were feeling it at the end. We were also trying to stay somewhat fresh for the 3 hr drive home yesterday. lampeterbike, you guys are seriously beast to do 40 in one day!

Before we left we went down to the beach and took a dip in the lake. That was amazingly refreshing and was one of the highlights since it was so damn hot yesterday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.