Icebiker

Advice please on riding near Blakeslee

For our annual guys MTB trip, we're going to return to JT this year. On the way there we'd like to do a ride near Blakeslee since it's on the way. I am aware of LSP, Merli and Moosic to the north, but that's a bit out of the way for us. We may hit Sals or Nock to the south on our way back home. Doing a bit of research I came across this trail review:

Bradys Lake Pennsylvania Trail Reviews

However last post was over 13 years ago. Any update on what it's like there? Or if there are other recommended trails in the area? We like technical riding, and are all intermediate to advanced riders. Any advice appreciated!

mtbr member
    Just did a ride out there two weeks ago, maybe I missed something(which is a good possibility) but it wasn't very technical and I'm a complete nub It's been logged pretty hard so maybe the trucks and equipment took their toll on what used to be a intermediate trail.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

check out seven tubs - should be about 20-30 minutes northdepending on where you are

staying. The main loop will appear short (and it is) but there are numerous side trails branching off. Also, fun to explore the old mountain park (not sure on the name).

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    You could always check out moon lake county park. Lots of miles of tails and they will give you a good workout. Rocks logovers ups and downs twisty singletrack. It is just outside of wikes barre on the southern side. Maps are available. You can do a search here on mtbr. Check out the forum "ride da moon".
    LOVE THE RIDE!

Icebiker
    Thanks guys.. moon lake looks interesting...we're coming in from the east (NJ), so it and 7 Tubs might be a bit out of the way, but definitely going to add it to my list of must-ride places for some time....judging by the pics, looks like fun!