Did you ever have ham?

Adventure at the Moon!!!

I decided to take advantage of the nice weather yesterday and mount an assault on the trails at Moon Lake. My onslaught began at approx 1200 hours by storming the field by the tennis courts and Thorny. I quickly(that is a relative term when I use it)moved onto Rock Waterfall and 5 Tree, completing Phase 1 by taking Big Blue to the Nature Center. Phase 2 of my operation saw me quickly(again, relative)move down the dirt road by the Nature Center and taking the paved road to the Marina where I flanked Watkins and moved in from behind. The decision was made at this point to retreat to ride another day. So, I rode by the lake, up by the maintenance buildings and at this point decided it was again time to attack the Deacon Trail. As I screamed my battle cry I entered Deacon…I was silenced moments later by a large rock…LOL!!! Seriously, I did much better than the last time I was on that trail, and the last time I was riding down it!!! I finished riding/walking Deacon and from the trials area I rode Nature’s Way back to the Park Office. Along the way back on Nature’s Way I did encounter some resistance from a tree that had blown down and was cutting off my retreat. No bother…I simply out-flanked the tree and made it back to my transport. Once there, I decided it was time to try out my new Weapon of Mass Destruction. So, with axe in hand I made my way to the offending tree…which stood little chance against my mighty swing!!! Never fear, my friends, Nature’s Way 1 is once again clear for all to enjoy!!! I would like to thank NEPMTBA and everyone that helps make Moon Lake such an amazing place to ride…or hold a fake military assault for us old crusty war dogs…LOL!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Adventure at the Moon!!!-dsc03725.jpg  

Adventure at the Moon!!!-dsc03726.jpg  

Adventure at the Moon!!!-dsc03727.jpg  

Adventure at the Moon!!!-dsc03728.jpg  

Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

wounded knee
    That was one of the funniest, inventive write ups to a ride ever!
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

Rolling on 650b
    Moto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you ever have ham?

Adventure at the Moon!!!

Gotta go do an oil and filter change on my truck...it's only about a million miles past due. After that, I am heading to the Moon for a day of maintenance and riding!!! Time to start getting some of the leaves off the trails!!! Ride On Everybody!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

mtbr member
    This was during a ride last Saturday. It wasnt really an adventure @ the moon, but stumbled upon a mother black bear and her two cubs splashing around the pond @ the end of the dam spillway. I got to the end of NFS and wondered who the hell was swimming until I realized it was bears and I mmediately stopped let them do their business and they wandered off. I didnt have a camera to snap pix but tried with a cell phone....failure...