mtbr member
    Jan 2007

7 Tubs trail questiions

Stopped by 7 tubs yesterday after our ride just to check it out and to make sure that we had the location marked in our GPS - never been there b4. Saw a trailer past the guardrail on route 115 - is that the main trail or is it a recommended trail? The main gate was closed when we were there yesterday around 3pm IIRC but there were probably a good 10-15 cars lined up outside the gate on both sides of the gate road. Would like to see the tubs for the heck of it. Is that ridable or is it better to just walk/hike in? Thanks,

Wizard of the Trail
    Lee would know for sure, but i believe you park by the gate and ride in. I think the trail is caught on the left. I only rode there once.
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

tubs start

The trail starts just over the guard rail (on the left side if your looking at the gate, just after the big sign) .This trail eventually meets up with the blue trail which most will do as an out and back. Most of us avoid the lower section that is prone to erosion and frequent hikers. The upper section has significantly less hikers. It's a technical and challenging ride.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    willisie forgot to tell you that it is a terrifically fun ride.

i will reinforce that it is a technically demanding ride.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    In short lots of fun rocks to hop!

PM me if you wanna ride sometime.
    Last edited by NEPMTBA; 04-04-2010 at 05:57 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Just got back couple hours ago from 7 Tubs....

lots of fun... explored the side trails at the entrance and then meandered (in other words hiked the bike) down to the Tubs. Wished we had seen the post about the lower trail...yup, lots of hikers today. Then came back and took the upper but was running out of daylight so we made our way back. Very challenging terrain but we will go back there for more punishment. Good riding weekend for us...had a blast at the Moon on Friday but unfortunately was not there on Saturday when the reporter was there from what I hear. Yesterday went to Mt. Top but ran into lots of mud on the logging roads. Thanks all for the help.