mtbr member
    Apr 2006

7 Tubbs Question

Myself and a freind went to the tubbs Sunday morning. We did (or tried to do) the "goat trail" off to the left at the top. Man was that a hard ride.

We also jumped the washed out bridge and rode there a bit. Anyone else ride that road? It branches off all over the place. Anyone know where they go?

Thanks

^ The Trail Starts Here ^
    BearJack:

The road is old Rt 115. It runs down to a point (Deadmans curve many were killed there in the 1940s and 50s) It is cut off by Rt 81. Pre Rt 81 days it continued to the Wtoming Valley Mall area. All of the mountain in the area at the bottom of the hill was strip mined. I know the trails there. We have to get together for a ride. I can show you some amazing trails in that area. There was an Amusement park there long ago called Mountain Park or Mountain View. It was owned by the Lehigh Valley Railroad. Foundations remain!

The old Lehigh railbed will take you to Solomans Gap in Mt.Top. If you follow it further you can ride to Jim Thorpe. It is not all open and clear! Once you get to White Haven it becomes the Lehigh Gorge Rail/Trail. It is 47 miles form Tubs to Jim Thorpe. Did that ride last year on a Singlespeed.

I'm heading up there tonight for a ride, but others are joining me and we are riding the Tubs Loop only tonight.

Keep in touch
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks for the info. I will definately have to hook up with you for a more "guided" trip. Have fun tonight.

Jack