Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    If you won't build I will

7 spring and others?

Ok, I know, I know, there is a post about "when is 7 springs opening..."
    So, any one know anthing yet?
    And is there any other place for freeride / down hill in westren PA that I should know about?

Nice no rass
    7 Springs DH trail and bike rentals always open Memorial Weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Rass Goat
    7 Springs DH trail and bike rentals always open Memorial Weekend.
    Always? As in this will be the first year they are open for the whole summer and now will always open on Memorial Day Weekend?

Nice no rass
    The bike rentals and basically, most summer activities have always opened Memorial weekend. Being a place full of employees who can't stand change, I don't forsee this ever changing. This isn't their first summer for MTB'ing, they've had it for years. It's just their first summer for a full DH season (I use that term loosely since there is only 1 DH trail).

Besides, the place is literally a ghost town until that weekend, so they won't pay the employees to open that stuff up and run lifts until the summer tourist season opens...on Memorial weekend.

You can go ride XC all you want, it's unstaffed and currently open now that ski season is over and the fire roads have been plowed.

The bike rentals and basically, most summer activities have always opened Memorial weekend. Being a place full of employees who can't stand change, I don't forsee this ever changing. This isn't their first summer for MTB'ing, they've had it for years. It's just their first summer for a full DH season (I use that term loosely since there is only 1 DH trail).

Besides, the place is literally a ghost town until that weekend, so they won't pay the employees to open that stuff up and run lifts until the summer tourist season opens...on Memorial weekend.

You can go ride XC all you want, it's unstaffed and currently open now that ski season is over and the fire roads have been plowed.
    Cool, thanks for the info, sorry if I came off a bit surry, I hear that they going to build like 3 more DH/FR trails.

Nice no rass
    This year? I'll believe it when I see it. Trust me when I say MTB'ing is the last priority on their list. I know first hand.

I hope they do though, I have a season pass for the lifts. I'd like to be able to use it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    TRG thats a real shame as that place has such potential to be a great DH/FR resort.

Nice no rass
    Yeah, I know.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Would a season pass work for MTB'ing ???

Nice no rass
    A ski pass? No.

mtbr member

opening day

Has anyone heard confirmation as to whether 7Springs downhill opens Memorial Day? Not a word on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by brainbckt
    Has anyone heard confirmation as to whether 7Springs downhill opens Memorial Day? Not a word on their website.
    I called them yesterday, they hold me they will be open for MD for weekends only and july 4th they will be open 7 days a week. And they guy said they want to put in 2 more trails, and maybe a 3rd... we'll see...

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by nitzer
    IAnd they guy said they want to put in 2 more trails, and maybe a 3rd... we'll see...
    Wait, what?

They want to put in 2 or 3 more trails? As in, they haven't started working on them yet?

That's pretty disappointing. It really does sound like DH is low on their priority list. I doubt it's worth it to drop $20 on a lift ticket to ride one trail. I was hoping that that resort was going to be a nice, closer alternative to driving to Diablo or Snowshoe, I guess that's not going to be the case.

Nice no rass
    Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    Wait, what?

They want to put in 2 or 3 more trails? As in, they haven't started working on them yet?
    Yep. They are too worried about clay shooting and guided fly fishing....in ponds.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    The Wisp in Deep Creek Maryland has a DH course,lift ,and alot of trails.Check out the vid on www.sicklines.com.On the left click courses.I'm going to try and get up there this summer.

Nice no rass
    Timberline is also getting (back) in the game.

mtbr member

idiots

I'm still amazed that they're opening DH in a week, yet 7Springs has nothing on the website. Is clay shooting really that lucrative? Or do these bumpkins just not realize that mountain biking pumps $22 million into the local economy of Whistler, for example? That's a rhetorical question, obviously.

Nice no rass
    Brainbckt, you just summed it up from your title to the final period.

mtbr member
    I too feel like these guys are really missing out on something. There has been so much talk from other mountains in PA to get downhill biking up and running, and for them I understand there are most likely many things we don't understand involved in making that happen. But 7 Springs ALREADY HAS their lifts spinning during these summer months, that seems like one of the big sticking points for the start up mountains. Not to mention an overall nice resort already in place. Just build more trails and the people will no doubt come your way.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Nice no rass
    It's highly unlikely it will open this weekend. Instead of working on the trail as soon as possible, they waited until the last minute and have been rained out.

Uphill? What's that
    It's highly unlikely it will open this weekend. Instead of working on the trail as soon as possible, they waited until the last minute and have been rained out.
    I just looked at their webcam and it looks like the tabletops at the base of wagner slope are built. So they might be able to get things going this weekend.

mtbr member
    I was wondering??? What kind of bikes are you guys riding at Seven Springs and the other resorts as far as travel goes?
    2007'ish Heckler and 2006 Chameleon
    If anyone needs the help of a prototype/custom machinist let me know.

Uphill? What's that
    Quote Originally Posted by keith13
    I was wondering??? What kind of bikes are you guys riding at Seven Springs and the other resorts as far as travel goes?
    I have a big hit 2 ( 7 1/2" suspension)
    I was riding with 4" of suspension last year but I blew out both my front and rear shocks and decided to upgrade..
    You could probably get away with 5 or 6" at seven springs.

Uphill? What's that
    Looks like I was way off.
    I just looked at 7 springs website.
    It says that they are gearing up to start building their trails.
    They don't have any dates listed for trail openings.
    ( i guess they were still hoping for snow)

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Frankly, I think they were debating wheter or not to spend the money. Maybe Hidden Valley's efforts motivated them.

Oh well, better late than never. I am fired up now. Glad I bought the Stinky D last month! I thought i was going to have to road trip to Wisp...

I am glad to see they hired professionals as well.

Sweet picture of Gordy sending it on the web site:

http://www.7springs.com/page/categor...Bike_Park.html

See you on the hill.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast