Freshly Fujified

6/3 or 6/4 Wiss group ride?

Just checking to see if anyone's interested in a slow-pokes ride at Wiss this Saturday or Sunday. As it stands, I can do either day with the exception of late Sunday afternoon (Need to be home by 5PM), but have a preference for riding Saturday. Let me know if anybody's in and we'll coordinate.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Good job! I maybe interested

I'm new to the area and live very close to the park (manayunk) and could meet up for a pokey ride. Haven't ridden in 5 weeks and don't know the park . Let me know if you have any others interested.

mtbr member

huummmmm

maybe! I dont know? considering what i had to go threw last time. i may just show up late again. uhhh i suppose.......

see you there

Respect Your Trails
    I may be able to make it Saturday. What time of day was everyone thinking about?

Freshly Fujified

Awwww....c'mon Keith

Quote Originally Posted by bigkeith
    maybe! I dont know? considering what i had to go threw last time. i may just show up late again. uhhh i suppose.......

see you there
    Other than a mechanical to start off the ride, having to stop and wait for me to catch up every 5 minutes, and a broken water bottle cage, what did you have to go through?

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Freshly Fujified

Weather concerns

As of this morning we have thunderstorms Friday, AM showers Saturday, and isolated thunderstorms on Sunday. Let's keep tabs on this and see where it leads.

Bob

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I'd be up for joining you guys on Saturday. I'll be on my single speed which makes me slower than I normally would be (which is pretty slow).

Stew

Freshly Fujified

Washout?

Thunderstorms tonight, 70% chance of rain all day Saturday through midnight. This could be a bust. Keep watching for more updates.

Bob

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

How did it go today?

Bob, How did it go today at the Wiss? - Bob (another Bob)
    Sir Dabs-alot

Freshly Fujified

Never went

Quote Originally Posted by XCBob
    Bob, How did it go today at the Wiss? - Bob (another Bob)
    Don't know if others got together but I figured that given the torrential rains Friday night (and some lingering rain Saturday) I would pass this weekend.

Did anyone else get out to Wiss this weekend?

Inbred Homebrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Clyde
    Don't know if others got together but I figured that given the torrential rains Friday night (and some lingering rain Saturday) I would pass this weekend.

Did anyone else get out to Wiss this weekend?
    I went on Saturday to test out my freshly-bled front brake. It wasn't raining when I started out. I got a flat 5 min into the ride. While I was changing the tube, it started coming down in buckets. I'm sure I'll take some flames for this, but I kept riding for a while anyway. The trails were (obviously) thoroughly wet but, overall, not as muddy as one might expect. Bike had a thin coating of Wissahickon grit post-ride, but not much real mud to speak of.

I had fun, and am pleased to report that my front brake is back in service, good as new.
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson