Spring! Spring! Spring!

4/17/10 Cool n Clound MT

Got in a nice easygoing ride with Jeff and Dennis up the hill.

Sure was weird in the area that was recently burned. It's wacky having the underbrush and sides all crisped, the rocks singed, thankfully the trees look like they survived but time will tell, and the singletrack trail area just pretty much untouched looking. Just weird.

Nice to not have face slappers though.

We ended the ride by cruising up and over one of the peaks and just RAILING down back to the road, just silly fun that.

Maybe next time Jeff can keep up. :^)

banned
    Apr 2009
    Is that 3 mile Island?--If so, where is that trail? and is it more hardtail or fully?

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    It's the reactor near Berwick.

Trail works for everything from full-rigid to full-squish, rider choice.

One of the best ways to scope it is to connect with JeffSkisMontana sometime, or one of the other longer term locals up these parts, I know *some* trail but I could still get lost easily in some areas.

mtbr member

Cold and Cloudy.....

.....Glad we got out even though it was not as warm as some of the weather we recently have had. Thanks for taking along the camera and gps. No way will i be able to keep up with that TiTus Rocket on the downhills! Man Tattoo Alley proved what you and the Quasi can do! Great pics showing the forest fire damage...or well maybe it is not all bad. Ride On!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

ganginwood
    didn't realize that was you yesterday. i was parked at tunnel road when you guys corssed over. typical mtb snobs...they don't even wave or say hello when they encounter other bikers. my roadie friends have better manners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct

ganginwood
    edit to above....the snappers were in very good shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by ganginwood
    didn't realize that was you yesterday. i was parked at tunnel road when you guys corssed over. typical mtb snobs...they don't even wave or say hello when they encounter other bikers. my roadie friends have better manners.
    i blame jeff, I saw you over there (can't recognize as there's no floating logo saying "gaginwood" in the air), but he just kept on rolling, rolling, rolling....

J & D are great riding company otherwise though.

It was great to get out, and MT was much less wet than I anticipated. I had concerns going in that I should have had a fender on my bike. ;^)
    Last edited by bear; 04-18-2010 at 05:03 AM.

mtbr member

oops....

Quote Originally Posted by ganginwood
    Hey Kevin, Sorry about that.......enjoying the long downhill on the Extension...... was in a state of bliss , feeling "oneness with my bike".........we didn't stop until we saw the couches and assorted trash at the 437 crossover(that shook me out of heaven).
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........