Did you ever have ham?

4-10-2010 mOOn Lake Ride

It started a little chilly(compared to the past week or so)but the weather turned out absolutely gorgeous for a ride today!!! NEPMTBA, Dirtrider6, and I threw together a ride today, kind of spur of the moment. We started out by the office and headed off down the paved road to Peak A Boo, which is really getting fun now that the little bit of wet at the beginning is almost dried up...still enough soft spots and goo to make it fun!!! From there we shot across the field to MoZee. MoZee is in amazing shape...what a fun trail!!! From there we went down and road by the lake up past Deacon to 8. That is another really fun trail!!! Lots of fast, swoopy turns with just the right amount of technical obstacles to keep you paying attention!!! Then it was up Skinnys to the campground and down Screamer. Screamer is amazing and I want to put out a HUGE thank you to everyone who showed up at that work day last summer...what an amazing difference in that trail from all your efforts!!! Thank You!!! Finally it was off to play on The Dark...that is a fun trail, too. Have to pay attention to what you are doing there! Then it was back along the lake and up by the maintenance shed where I split off and headed back to the office while Dirtrider6 and NEPMTBA headed up to Deacon and then back to home base!!! Awesome ride on an awesome day!!!

Thought you could read one of my posts without seeing Creepy Bike Pics...Guess Again!!!

Creepy Close Ups!!!

Here is NEPMTBA throwing the back of his bike around effortlessly

Let NEPMTBA see a big rock and it is like telling a cartoon character not to press the Big Red Shiny Button...LOL!!!

Dirtrider6 preparing a mid-ride snack...I think we need bigger buns and more ketchup!!!

Would you look at that! Even the trees at Moon Lake have balls!!!

Slow down, Dirtrider!!! There is a speed limit on that bridge!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Did you ever have ham?

4-10-2010 mOOn Lake Ride

Would you look at that? Two grown men playing follow the leader...LOL!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Got a ride in myself today at the Moon, about an hour and a half. Hoping to make it Wednesday night.

Did you ever have ham?

4-10-2010 mOOn Lake Ride

Quote Originally Posted by glahnb
    Got a ride in myself today at the Moon, about an hour and a half. Hoping to make it Wednesday night.
    What a magnificent day for a ride...how was yours? I hope to see you on Wednesday night! All are welcome to join us!

Gravity's Gone
    Great pix dude. Maybe we can get together next weekend if you guys want to. Plus the days are getting long enough that I'm gonna have to make the trek up for the Wednesday night thing one of these weeks.

wounded knee
    Moto, great pictures and video, the captions are priceless!

Here's a short video from the ride.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member

Nice Vid & Pictures...

...Great choice of music and the sequence on Screamer brings it right to ya. Thx. Ride On!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Did you ever have ham?

4-10-2010 mOOn Lake Ride

Great video, Dirtrider! That is a great song, too!

Ride On and Rock Out!!!

Rolling on 650b
    Flurry, Jim and I also got out to hit Moon Lake on Saturday. Jim's first time up there and we had a blast! Hit Thorny to Five Tree to Nightmare, then over to Rock It. Followed up by Nature's way to Big Blue to NFS (cleared some downed trees on this one) to T-rex2 to Screamer, and finally Mo-zee to Peek a boo. Ran out of light and headed back to the car. I've gotta figure out how to mount a headlight on the dog. Too busy pedaling to take pics, but we had a great time.

Did you ever have ham?

4-10-2010 mOOn Lake Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Clipless in PA
    Flurry, Jim and I also got out to hit Moon Lake on Saturday. Jim's first time up there and we had a blast! Hit Thorny to Five Tree to Nightmare, then over to Rock It. Followed up by Nature's way to Big Blue to NFS (cleared some downed trees on this one) to T-rex2 to Screamer, and finally Mo-zee to Peek a boo. Ran out of light and headed back to the car. I've gotta figure out how to mount a headlight on the dog. Too busy pedaling to take pics, but we had a great time.
    Sounds like you guys had an amazing ride! My hat is off to you for riding Rock It! I usually end up walking like half of that trail...brutal, but I still love it! Thanks for doing some trail maintenance while you guys were out there...that is awesome!!! That is an idea worth looking into...mounting some headlights to the dog...LOL!!!

wounded knee
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffSkisMontana
    ...Great choice of music and the sequence on Screamer brings it right to ya. Thx. Ride On!
    Quote Originally Posted by motoman465
    Great video, Dirtrider! That is a great song, too!

Ride On and Rock Out!!!
    Thanks guy's glad you like the video, the song does fit it
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock