Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job! 3/19/10 Friday Ride Church Road Trails

Great day to visit the trails at Church Road. I got a chance to show Motoman the trails up there! The logging basically crushed lots of locations but I could stiull make out the old stuff that has been rerouted. The lower area is a mess of 3 different new streams running everywhere. I hope when summer hits this dries up. We could prolly fix most of bearclaw and restore it. At best we could do a total redesign of the lower area. Something to work on in the future. I'm just rambling a bit cause it was such a nice area once.

ride
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3/19/10 Friday Ride Church Road Trails-imag1755.jpg  

3/19/10 Friday Ride Church Road Trails-imag1756.jpg  

3/19/10 Friday Ride Church Road Trails-imag1757.jpg  

3/19/10 Friday Ride Church Road Trails-imag1758.jpg  

3/19/10 Friday Ride Church Road Trails-imag1759.jpg  

3/19/10 Friday Ride Church Road Trails-imag1762.jpg  

3/19/10 Friday Ride Church Road Trails-imag1763.jpg  

3/19/10 Friday Ride Church Road Trails-imag1764.jpg  

3/19/10 Friday Ride Church Road Trails-imag1765.jpg  

3/19/10 Friday Ride Church Road Trails-imag1766.jpg  

Last edited by NEPMTBA; 03-19-2010 at 05:49 PM.

Nice pics. The lowest area from Church Rd / Bear Claw parking was very soggy the other day. As soon as you get up to the next plateau (pipeline level)everything is fine - Lake Francis Rd or Tunnel Rd are good places to start right now. The Mt Top crew et al did an amazing job of getting the trails rideable again considering how much damage was done from the logging.

Did you ever have ham?
    Help, I've Fallen And Can't Get Up!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jonz187
    Nice pics. The lowest area from Church Rd / Bear Claw parking was very soggy the other day. As soon as you get up to the next plateau (pipeline level)everything is fine - Lake Francis Rd or Tunnel Rd are good places to start right now. The Mt Top crew et al did an amazing job of getting the trails rideable again considering how much damage was done from the logging.
    Yes they did a great job!

Those trails are really cool, and fun to ride. The wooden structure near the old Witness trail almost tipped over when I rode it. I was at the 4 foot level and tapped the brake to recenter and it started to lean. I decided to ride it out rather than jump at that point because the landing was well... NO LANDING... LOL but big pointy rocks! I walked back to check it and I feel it is due to soft ground under the supports. Or maybe it is desinged to lean.I felt I should have left 50 cents on the ground by it just for the thrill it provided!... LOL

ride

Did you ever have ham?

3/19/10 Friday Ride Church Road Trails

A few pics and a video I have from yesterday...enjoy, enjoy!!!

Here is NEPMTBA scooting over one of the run off streams on a long and very skinny rock!!!

Some various creepy bike pics

It was just a little soupy!!!

Kind of looks like wet baby poop....tell me that isn't creepy!!!

A parrot's eye view of the trail...LOL!!!

Cuz sometimes you feel like a nut!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

mtbr member

Best Bet....

...right now the best bet is to avoid BearClaw and ride the trails up high...FarmRd, WildTurkey, BrushWolf, 2 Spring(not to be confused with Twin SPring), Jailtime, Chevys, and 380 are all in good shape.
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

My plan was to start at the end of the trail system and work my way back throughout the spring/summer showing Motoman all the trails. Next time we will park at Tunnel road. All the winter riding has inproved his riding ten fold and now we can work on longer rides.

ride