Jason

3-16-2010 Susquehanna Warrior Trail

Extremely easy trail to ride. Would be good for family rides with the kids. I only did 9 miles total on this one today. I was short on time. At least I got some mileage in today. Awesome weather!!!
    Jason

Gravity's Gone
    Nice pix. Unbelievable weather today.

Jason
    Perfect weather. Not a single cloud in the sky and warm air. Problem I had was that I overdressed. Should have worn the shorts but went with full length under armor cold weather tighties and under armor cold weather long sleeve shirt. Not smart. I was covered in sweat when I got back to the Jeep.
    Jason

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Looks like a great rice with lots to see!

ride

wounded knee
    I rode that trail many times last Summer and can visualize every picture you took, that old train station is really cool, if you look at the pictures on the historical wooden plaque by the playground in town, you'lll see it actually used to be sideways when it was in use, there's also a very cool picture of when the Moquenacua bridge was a big covered bridge.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

Jason
    Dirtrider, that explains why the foundation looks much newer than the structure itself. Also, I use to live out that way and always wondered why the station was facing the wrong way. Lol
    Jason

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Guys:

Todays Rt 11 "was" the railbed back in thr day and if you notice as you ride the trail there are parts of the old RT11 all the way down to Shickshinny in misconnected sections, like back by the farms. If you travel Rt11 by auto heading south on your right up the mountain a bit you can trace old sections also especially now with the leaves off the trees.

When they ceased using the railroad the railbad was paved and became todays Rt11. The old train station sat near where the Hunlock Creek post office was facing the other way. Where it sits today it would be impossible for a train to acess it, but I heard it was bought by a person back then and today at last I saw you could buy it for $750.000 bucks!

ride

wounded knee
    Quote Originally Posted by dexetr30
    Dirtrider, that explains why the foundation looks much newer than the structure itself. Also, I use to live out that way and always wondered why the station was facing the wrong way. Lol
    The first time I saw the Train Station and took a closer look at it, I thought the same thing, man that foundation looks so much newer tha the Building???
    Then last year I noticed the picture at the playground and that explained it.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA
    Guys:

Todays Rt 11 "was" the railbed back in thr day and if you notice as you ride the trail there are parts of the old RT11 all the way down to Shickshinny in misconnected sections, like back by the farms. If you travel Rt11 by auto heading south on your right up the mountain a bit you can trace old sections also especially now with the leaves off the trees.

When they ceased using the railroad the railbad was paved and became todays Rt11. The old train station sat near where the Hunlock Creek post office was facing the other way. Where it sits today it would be impossible for a train to acess it, but I heard it was bought by a person back then and today at last I saw you could buy it for $750.000 bucks!

ride
    Wow, $750.00!! I'll take it. Honestly, if I had the money I would buy it and completely renovate it. I'm not sure how it may be zoned right now but I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem if it needed to be changed to residential. I think it would make a great place to live. Considering it's just sitting there wasting away I would think the township would be more than happy to make the zoning changes needed.
    Jason

wounded knee
    Quote Originally Posted by dexetr30
    Wow, $750.00!! I'll take it. Honestly, if I had the money I would buy it and completely renovate it. I'm not sure how it may be zoned right now but I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem if it needed to be changed to residential. I think it would make a great place to live. Considering it's just sitting there wasting away I would think the township would be more than happy to make the zoning changes needed.
    I was in it last year (shhh don't tell anyone) it's really run down, went up the stairs and walked around the second floor, I was afraid I was going to fall through it.

There are all kinds of old bills and invoices on the floor, pretty cool to look at.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

Jason
    *Cough, cough* [SIZE=1]Me too! [SIZE=2]*Cough, cough*[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    Jason