mtbr member
    Mar 2004

24 Hr. 7 springs?

Does anybody have any info on the race over labor day. The 7 springs website has a date but no details.

Thanks

W.M.A.
    did you look here - http://www.7springs.com/things_to_do...s/24hourcc.php ?

bottom of pace has entry info, rules, etc,

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I hope I ride better than I search the web.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Course

They have posted a picture of the course...

http://www.7springs.com/things_to_do...hourcourse.jpg

Does anyone remember last year's course?? And how does it differ from this year's? Or does it? It looks like there are a couple of changes, but I'm not 100% sure.

Any input?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Hard for me to tell but I think it doesn't end with that big climb this year...its in the middle of the course...then finishes with more of that flowy stuff they used the year before last. Thats what I get out of it. Certainly not sure.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. They put up their forums for the race this afternoon and found this posting. The course is 12 - 12.5 miles and they made the following changes;

"This year we are going to do the 'last half' of last year's course first. This means that the final climb to that transition tent last year will now be in the middle of the lap. This will mean you will havve some fresher legs to climb with. We will finish with the 'first half' of last years loop. Right after you pass the mountain crew maintenance buildings, we are making a right on the breast of Lake Chippy and climbing Upper Fawn Lane trail (have to do this because of Southwind) to Lake Tahoe and around it to the transition tent."

Should be fun climbing that damn black diamond again. Yeah, having fresh legs to burn out in the middle of the lap instead of the end of it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Course pre ride

Ok first I'm not a pro rider but what I am is a 39yr old clydesdale who has been "mountain biking" for a long time.
    This past Sunday 8-12-07 teamate, 12 yr old son and myself set out on the new course.
    Now we rode in the 24 of Big Bear and overall didn't do all that bad....
    However the 7-Springs course kicked our @#$ !!!!
    Maybe it was the heat, or the lack of sleep (I work midnight shift and went after work) or maybe gravity finally caught up to me but the course beat me up bad.
    The first section through the single track dropping down to the fire road towards the old pond wasn't bad however the fire roads themselves are washed out due to the previous storms with ALOT of lose rock.
    The course seems to even out untill you hit the single track again which is littered with rock gardens and thick thorn/jagger bushes. We all changed flats on the back side. Bigger tire here the better.
    Next you come out onto the dreaded ski slope climb.
    Since it zigzags up its not bad however the punishment your body recieves from the previous ride your all but out of gas by this point.
    Ok if you make it to the top your about 10 miles into it.
    The cours then crosses back over to the infamous rock garden which you ride backwards.
    Forget a line just bash through the flat face of all the rocks jutting up to smash your rear derailer, wrists and collar bones. Again don't forget to duck for low hanging limbs and down trees.
    If you make it through that.... the rest of the course is a peice of cake with sweet single track past the paint ball course, across the ponds and up past the maintenance shed and new condo's.
    Weekend warrior time ... est. over 2hrs ride that is if you don't stop.
    Oh and lets hope the fallen trees on the climb and some single track sections are cleared before raceday.
    All in all I CAN"T WAIT TO RACE !! Don't care if I win don't catre if I lose. Just want to be able to say I DID IT !!!!!!!!!

Chronic 1st-timer
    Quote Originally Posted by RubberSideDown34
    "This year we are going to do the 'last half' of last year's course first. This means that the final climb to that transition tent last year will now be in the middle of the lap. This will mean you will havve some fresher legs to climb with. We will finish with the 'first half' of last years loop. Right after you pass the mountain crew maintenance buildings, we are making a right on the breast of Lake Chippy and climbing Upper Fawn Lane trail (have to do this because of Southwind) to Lake Tahoe and around it to the transition tent."
    Yinz'll be much happier doing it this way...

That last climb killed me everytime!!