Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ride da mOOn Moderator

Smile 2012 HCGA/NEPMTBA MTB/MOTO X-Mas Party/Ride Saturday 12/15/12

Let me be first to say "Merry Chrismas and Happy New Year to all"

Our 2012 Christmas Party/Ride held at HCGA...
    ...will once again be on Trail December 15th Saturday

Scott & Jimmy's big celebration happening again under the pavilion, beginning at 12 Noon, and on to the wee hours of the night.

It's MTB and MOTO, so it's a Bring what ya Run

MTB ride starts at 12:30 with festivities right after

Highlights:

Of course first up "Ride da Rocks" where we not only hit the famous trails with challenge sections, and the Woody as well as our newest Skinny Lounge, but also we unveil another new trail now on Dirt: "T P Crapper" a kinder, more gentler trail that has of plenty of "Flow" The famous Huge Bonfire, and Ghetto Barrel heaters will be at full stoke too keeping Holiday Spirts warm...

...speaking of Spirts, bring your Favorite Beverage and a Pot Luck dish to share as there is "No Charge" for this happening fun time!

Plenty of level parking, 4 legged friends welcome, skating on the pond if we have suitable ice or really cold swimming if you choose!

Looks like the Horseshoe pits are fired up, and I'm sure Jimmy & Scott will add more details...

Please post up here if your attending
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 HCGA/NEPMTBA MTB/MOTO X-Mas Party/Ride Saturday 12/15/12-copy-fd-hat-final-nepmtba-merry-xmas-mtb-copy-eagle-river-imgp2015_resize-final.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    O man I'm the first to respond I will be there and I will be bringing a pasta salad

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I'm in, assuming the weather is half decent. I don't have great winter riding gear.

As far as bringing food... There's going to be fine, so I'm guessing I can bring something in a foil pan to reheat? Would that work? If so, I'll bring some meat that I grill or smoke.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    ^ Yes, HCGA has a few grills and smokers to cook stuff on, and big fires to keep ya warm ounce the ride is over!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I'll be there. Might have to just bring the ravioli for the occasion!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by RRHINES View Post
    I'll be there. Might have to just bring the ravioli for the occasion!
    OK, you guys just made me very hungry!

wounded knee
    As long as the weather holds out I'm in for the ride, have to go to an annual friends Christmas Party afterwords so wont be staying for the festivities.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'm thinking about deep fried turkey, what do you think Jimmy?

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Rounded up the Ghetto barrels and piles of wood today...
    ...just in case it is cold for the party.

Kirby 4 cross is finished more goodness for the party/ride!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Rode today with Ed and Lee, both up and down the new T.P. Crapper and it worked great in both directions. A little grinding in and it should be all set. It flows nice now and should be sweet as it berms up in the corners more.

The only trails left to clear are the big back hill and Dozer. We went up Dozer today and cleared the downed trees. A bit of leaf blowing and both will be set for the winter. I'll do both tomorrown night with the head light on. I think, I'll leave the dogs home because those two in the dark will be up to no good and I'm sure they'll find a porcupine or skunk to play with.

I rode the new "X" over, on Kirby after the ride. Cleaned it down and worked on figuring it out going up. I got close and it was sweet. Lee also worked on opening up an old line by Kirby. It will add to the loop around and play with all the lines. We also walked a new line that will add to the fun once it is worked out.

It's hard to beat a ride in December wearing shorts and short sleeves. A few on dirt bikes, a few on quads and a few on mt bikes, yea, that's hard to take. Is it too much to ask for another winter like last year?

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Great day to Ride da Rocks...
    ...beautiful warm day!

Just a few highlights of today:

HCGA's Fat Dog Trail gets a Christmas tree Woo Hoo!

Loving the new T P Crapper trail way too much, like cr500 said flow is starting to grove in. The loop we ran starting with climbing T P, Dirt Rag, Dozer, West Virginia, Mono Rock, Angle Straight Angle, 8 Mile Rocks, down Hell Froze Over, Terminus, High Noon, Itchy Tire down T P ...end. Made for a few hours of everything HCGA has to throw at ya!

Thanks to Ray for the work gathering his donation of wood for the Christmas Party/Ride

cr500, Nice smooth ride on the new Kirby evevated Woody! Thanks to all who helped make that so.

Yes I'm working on reopening one of the orginal test trails we had before Kirby existed, but now it will be add forming yet another line on the Rock Festival we call "Kirby" I must have Rockitius, can't stay away from those Big Shiny Rocks.

On another note, a great big buck was taken by Brian's Uncle from Texas on the HCGA property, ready for this a 13 pointer! NIce Harvest, I guess the deer like hanging around the MTB's and Motos!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Amy and I have a 21lbs turkey for the deep fryer If you have one. I can always get my brothers fryer if we need it. Lmk
    "yea that's right, I stand up to shift"

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    i will be attending

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Bring the turkey and the fryer Dave. I have the burner but that will same from having to bum Ed Roman's fryer. Thanks man...

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    I have bottled water, pizzas, and more ornaments for the "Big" Christmas Tree

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Dozer and almost all of the big back hill have been leaf blown. I'll get the last of the big back hill tomorrow and then all of the trail will be clear.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    ^thanks, all ready for MTBing...

Did you ever have ham?
    I would like to make a request!!! Could you please deflate all the hills? Thank you...LMAO!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I opened the valve stem on my way home from the mOOn tonight. Everything will be flat by the time tof the party. I even opened the rocks valve stem so they should be flat too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    ill bring a big pan of stuffing and gravy

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by motoman465 View Post
    I would like to make a request!!! Could you please deflate all the hills? Thank you...LMAO!!!
    With all the lower stuff now done and the logging roads opened up more you can have lots of fun and never go on the killer techy trails.

You can run from the Marty's lower parking lot, on logging roads to a section of the Dirt Rag trail, get a sample on that in one of it's flatter areas and hook back into the logging road and come down Fat Dog! Of the climbing there is it is wide and open.

I'll show ya around at the party. Bring Lisa and the family too.
    Last edited by NEPMTBA; 12-06-2012 at 07:15 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    This should be a pretty Green route.

The log landing to the toilet, then go up to VW Rock area via logging road, go left where we were thinking of running the race on the road to allow passing, take that to the top of the well house hill, roll back to the green trail x over through the nice pines back to the well house, then down the back Dirt Rag by the well house to the Dirt Rag/Itchy Tire junction, left down Itchy Tire to High Noon backwards, followed by Fat Dog down then the Board Walk to the Pond Trail. That should give a pretty gentile climb to the top except for one or two punchy areas and a bunch of rolling riding with a way long downhill. Thatís all downhill from the play rock skinny area on High Noon to the pond.

Did you ever have ham?

2012 HCGA/NEPMTBA MTB/MOTO X-Mas Party/Ride Saturday 12/15/12

Quote Originally Posted by cr500 View Post
    I opened the valve stem on my way home from the mOOn tonight. Everything will be flat by the time tof the party. I even opened the rocks valve stem so they should be flat too.

Just keep Mr. Noon away from a tire pump. He will inflate everything again!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

^ that route has me drooling...

...it's a true hybrid of tech and log roads, and like you said "LONG" downhill flow

I'll GPS that one! I can almost hear da Rocks a Rattl'in now! High Noon in reverse is a keeper, so I guess this means I gotta finish the end of the log skinny on High Noon so we can ride it backwards!

Mr Noon would never use a hand pump but I do know he has a compressor at the shop which just means he will have to run a long hose!

Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA
    Are generic smileys cheaper in price than regular smileys

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    That log skinny could use a finish. Mr. Noon would not use the compressor himself... I can hear it now... Bubba, get that hill pumped back up and get the rocks too...

We nees Jason to bring his nail gun next week too and then we can get that ramp on the rock at the bottom of High Noon too

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast