Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

OK fellow MTbers...

..up front thanks for all you do, have done, and continue to do, to make it fun for all who ride! 2012 was(is) a fantastic year even if the world ends in a few days we all made the best of it!!!!!!

We have been blessed by good weather. Rides? Well relaxed pace and most of you know your way around, so we can decide in the day who, what, where... KIRBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just kidding, will be supreme riding! We can hit up a few relaxed logger road rides, or some shorter rides and return back to camp. You choice! Wad eva ya wanna do!

Yes, the 50 has a super paint job, would make a great pizza delivery vehicle. Speaking of pizzas, I've got the pizzas and water loaded in the car as well as some contributions to the campfire!

Hope all the doggys are ready I'm sure it won't take much to fire them up, and hope ya enjoy the new mellower stuff we have built!

So, see yas in the AM for a little more R&R = "Riding & Rocks"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

wounded knee
    Quote Originally Posted by kuhlkat View Post
    The first post said mt. bike ride at noon ??????
    Thats what I'm shooting for
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    Thanks to all the organizers. Had a great time, met lots of new people. I'll try and post some pictures.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Was hoping to make this, but sick as a dog!

mtbr member
    A great big THANK YOU to all had a wonderful time!!!!!!
    “An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” Marco Polo

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Thanks again for another great ride and party afterwards. Can't beleive the year went by so fast. Thanks for all the rides we had throughout the year. Scott, Jimmy, Ed for your hospitality, Lee for all the trail building/maintenance....always a great time riding up the land. Jimmy said it perfect and I have to agree, everytime you leave the Rocks at Hunlocks, you leave with a smile on your face. Can't wait for the next big ride there...Happy Holidays

mtbr member
    PICS

“An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” Marco Polo

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Another Christmas party/ride in the books!

It grows every year, and this year was no exception. More riders, landowners, and others who share in the fun of the day. This year we had 4 or 5 different ride groups going out.

Lots of heat was provided by 2 barrel heaters and one fireplace that were well stocked by Jimmy and Scott the day before, chopping and splitting lots of wood. All I had to do morning of, was add a match Thanks guys! As riders arrived all began to happen and the heat of the day was upon us the fires died down and the rides heated up!

Trail conditions were a mix of dry to icy depending on where the sun didn't shine, so line selection was critical in places. Fat Bikes were in style with 4 showing up today!

The new trail T P Crapper was ridden in by all with praise, especially by barking Kirby(the dog) & Barney singing out their song all ride long. Our gang of doggies grows also. Around 15 of our 4 pawed friends were out on the trails and ripping it up almost as if they knew this was a Christmas celebration!

Making our way up, Itchy Tire beyond to High Noon's "Rattle Rocks" lived up to thier name! Up more to West Virginia, Mono Rock, Angle Straight Angle and beyond to 8 Mile on Dirt Rag lots of fun was had by all. Scott gave everyone a tour of the Newest Moto bridge we built as well as using round trip on the Green Quad Trail added in to our MTB ride just for fun!

Sections were ridden clean and many people added to their personal ride list of things they wanted to ride clean, two highlights were Scott getting the "Squeeze Tree" on Terminus and yelling my name out Leeeeeeeeee to let me know he finally got it clean. Joan made the Big Teeter-Totter after 2 tries as well as some new riders enjoying and making stuff for the first time! Nice rides everyone!

At the end of our ride knowing Scott had a date with Kirby "XXX" trail, I followed him down for a challenge, only to find a whole bunch of riders thinking the same thing as we arrived. Lots of terriffic moves and clean riders were viewed, cameras were out everywhere!

We would love to hear how the other rides went also!

Bill our "New Guy" battled hard and never complained finishing with "Red Sox" that were once white, he gets the tough guy award.

Jimmy who did the MTB ride, also hopped on his Moto and did a lap, on the tough Hunlocks moto course, just in case you wonder it takes 40 to 50 minutes to do a lap at Hunlock's on a Moto! This course lives up to it's name "Ride da Rocks"

The cooking of 3 turkeys, 2 deep fried, and one smoked, gravy, stuffing along with chickens, 5 lemon pies, pumpkin pies, pizza, veggies & dips, chips & many salsa, sausages, was a huge eating feast.

Into the night, continuing with restoking of the heater barrels and Jimmy lighting the giant bonfire with a(woooooof) conversing about the days ride as well as years past jokes were told and everyone relaxed, with fequent trips back to the pavilion for more goodies!

My very personal thanks to Scott, Ed B, and their families, Jimmy, also to Ed Roman(land owner) for showing up with his deep fryer, Brain(land owner) as well as "all" the owners, neighbor Mike, Shoe, and all the RIDERS! Thanks to anyone I missed too! Topcat for the pics!

To those who didn't make it, we wished you did, as well as Canadian Chuck, Hope ya feel better!!!!!!!!!

Their was so much to talk about I'll prolly reserve a thread to add later...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    "It just doesn't get any better than this"
    Last edited by NEPMTBA; 12-16-2012 at 06:00 PM.

wounded knee
    Video from the ride.
    Had a great time
    Thank you to everyone for the invite

Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    This honestly made my month. HUGE thanks to Scott, Lee for posting on Facebook and not messaging me back, Darryl for showing up on time (kinda), the fire barrel for removing those pesky hairs from the front of my legs and anyone who brought food. Really great to see everyone again, hopefully I can find the time to come around more often in the future.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by wnb800 View Post
    HUGE thanks to Scott, Lee for posting on Facebook and not messaging me back,

Hee hee hee, what's Facebook?...
    ...next year smoke signals!

Glad ya made it, good to see ya again!

Thanks DR6 for the fine vid!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    Hee hee hee, what's Facebook?...
    ...next year smoke signals!
    Only if they come out of a 2 Smoke!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by wnb800 View Post
    Only if they come out of a 2 Smoke!
    Oh that's way too easy from a Moto club with a Mt Biking problem!...LOL

mtbr member
    Some photos of the ride in my gallerey.

wounded knee
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo56 View Post
    Some photos of the ride in my gallerey.

Gallery link does not contain any images?

Woops, never mind I found them.
    Thanks for taking the picture of the Fat bike riders
    Last edited by dirtrider6; 12-18-2012 at 04:19 PM.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    It really was a great time ! Thanks to all the guys at HCGA. Also to the trail guru Lee. I had a blast. FYI- Daryl made it by 12:30 only because I told him be there at 11:00.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider6 View Post
    Gallery link does not contain any images?
    Not sure how this works, but click on my name, chose public profile, and see if you can look at my album.

wounded knee
    Not sure how this works, but click on my name, chose public profile, and see if you can look at my album.
    yep, I figured it out, I was clicking on Image Gallery under your name (link at the bottom), and there were no pics there.
    Thanks again for taking the Fat Bikers pic
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Bill,

Thanks and so glad you joined us...
    ...love the avatar!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Here are some of the pics I took this past weekend. It sounds like everyone
    had a nice day and that is what we try to put together. I have a special
    thanks for Ed Roman, another of the owners that came out and cooked all the
    turkeys. He doesn't ride Mountain bikes but he is always around when someone
    needs a bit of help. Ya gotta like a guy like Bill that cames out bleeds
    into his socks but keeps riding and has a smile all the way to the end.
    I could think of a lot worse ways to spenjs a fantastic Dec 15th for sure.

I'm sure if the weather holds we ride a bunch more before the outdoor season closes.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Nice pics!

Thanks...

...and the new view of the next big thing on Dirt Rag 8 Mile will be SCARRY
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 HCGA/NEPMTBA MTB/MOTO X-Mas Party/Ride Saturday 12/15/12-hcga-8-mile-new-line.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    You will only fall 8 or 10 feet and there are plenty of trees to grab on the way down. Baby...

mtbr member
    Fantastic day of riding and meeting new people..Big thanks to the guys from HCGA for a wonderful fun filled day & evening.Can't wait for many more adventures in the future.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Yes it was a great day...
    ...and great riding by all

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3