Did you ever have ham?

2/17.2010 Snow Ride

NEPMTBA, MXER, and I decided to get out and do battle with the white stuff!!! It was a hard fought battle, no doubt about it!!! However, in the end we prevailed over the mushy white snow!!! We also found an old stationery shovel used in the mining operations of days gone by...this thing is pretty damn cool!!! Huge!!!

If you keep your eyes open, you will see that our rides have a little bit of everything...including the kitchen sink!!!

To give you a point of reference, if you look closely you will see my bike...this thing is ginormous!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2/17.2010 Snow Ride-dsc02019.jpg  

2/17.2010 Snow Ride-dsc02020.jpg  

2/17.2010 Snow Ride-dsc02022.jpg  

2/17.2010 Snow Ride-dsc02023.jpg  

2/17.2010 Snow Ride-dsc02025.jpg  

Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Did you ever have ham?

2/17.2010 Snow Ride, Part II

A few more shots of the shovel's guts!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2/17.2010 Snow Ride-dsc02026.jpg  

2/17.2010 Snow Ride-dsc02028.jpg  

Gravity's Gone
    Good to see you guys got out. I haven't been out since Sunday. Got my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Sightseeing and riding on todays ride. The wet snow makes for slow going and slogging through sometimes requires one to use every tech skill all at once. The snow laying on the trails now has all different forms, making traction and balance the problem, but no one ever said it would be easy! Of course having friends along always increases the fun.

Back in the day we used to ride the Motos around there and sit on top of the culm dump and watch that giant machine dig a hole that was 300 feet deep, to get the coal out, you could even see the old mines as the shovel dug into the ground. The guy once gave us a tour of that rig, it had a huge electric motor and at night it looked like a factory building it was so big. It had a fridge, a sink, and even a gravity shower that caught rain water to use for the shower, which in this day would be called a "green" item! I might have old pics somewhere too, see if I can dig them up later.

More pics here:
    http://nepmtba.piczo.com/rides2010pa...linkvar=000044

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by nankerphelge
    Good to see you guys got out. I haven't been out since Sunday. Got my fingers crossed for tomorrow.
    Thanks, I think Moto wanted to take the crane home and live in it!... LOL

Any report on riding this upcoming weekend? Looks like the 8 mile is one of the only places free of mashed potatoes

Gravity's Gone
    I imagine that's where I'll be both days.

Did you ever have ham?

2/17.2010 Snow Ride

That would be cool to live in that crane...heck, there is already a table and a fridge(although it probably doesn't work)in there! Just think with that thing it wouldn't matter if the snow plow plows you in, just pick your car right out of the snow...LOL!!!! Has anyone made any snow angels yet? LMAO!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

I think we should have it...
    [SIZE=5]
    CHROMED

[/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Nice pics guys, good to see somebody has less snow than us. Love that old industrial junk. We used to have a shovel like that by our camp, have pictures of us rappelling off of it way back when. It got cut up for scrap long ago. BTW, the e-mail I saw about that Mercedes said it was white gold, not chrome. Not flamin', just sayin'.....

Dave

Did you ever have ham?

2/17.2010 Snow Ride

It was really cool to hear about when that crane was in operation. That thing actually dug a 300 foot hole! It is so cool, I can't wait until it is warmer so I can go back and check it out some more!!!