Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink 2/16/10 Old School Tuesday Ride

A little more snow fell over night, and thinking a bit, haven't had an Old School Tuesday Ride in a while, so today was a great day for it!

More pics here:
    http://nepmtba.piczo.com/oldschoolri...linkvar=000044
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2/16/10 Old School Tuesday Ride-imag1195.jpg  

2/16/10 Old School Tuesday Ride-imag1182.jpg  

2/16/10 Old School Tuesday Ride-imag1184.jpg  

Did you ever have ham?

2/16/10 Old School Tuesday Ride

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!

That isn't the same old bike! I like the little gargoyle or whatever it is you have on the front. Is that supposed to scare away the Hater Demons?
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Yea,why the sudden change in machinery?

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Well...

...just f-ing around. From riding trials the other day it reminded me of how slow turning 29ers are on really tight stuff. Like I told Motoman465 who was riding with me, I'm not going to flip turn any of the sections, but rather ride them without lifting the rear wheel for reset placement. I wanted to force myself to use the practice to use a different style of riding and get in a little balance workout for the upcoming trials Moto season.

The 29er really needs wide turning circles, and in sections where we weren't allowing much room to succeed. We kept everything really tight, but the snow would allow scrub. With that said next time I will bring both 26er and 29er to our next trails training camp and there will be no snow so the 29er might not even make the tight circles that were allowed because of the snow letting the rear wheel slide.

Back to yesterday... I decided to take the 26er out and play a bit on that, WOW, talk about "flickable" The thing I noticed most though was once I rode about a mile I missed the stability of the 29er, riding the 26er in the same tracks as the 29er it lended itself to more input from the rider, more small corrections and you could feel more input back to the handlebars from the ground. No good or bad just different.

I guess in Moto terms it was like riding an MXer vs a woods bike. The 29er is the Mxer and then 26er is the woods bike!... LOL

Just my take on stuff...
    ride