Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink 2/12/10 Friday Ride Snow's Go'in... here's another for the fans

Just another great ride, pics and info to check out...

Todays ride will make for good Friday night entertainment even if it is up against the opening round of the Olympics. Ya right! ...LOL

Rode part of the West Side trail to where it connects with the Luzerne County National R/T. Great views of the Susquehanna River and the River Front park located in Pittston. The LCN R/T follows the former ROW of the Lehigh Valley RR and it is a Rail with Trail, meaning an active rail line runs beside the trail. The Pittston area has lots of great areas and some of the NEPMTBA rides are now being recognized by a local media interest to show others the great recreation available.

I hope through these rides and gathering of info, and pics anyone interested in riding any of the places visited will give the future visitor a chance to get a glimpse of what is available to recreate in this area. Please visit and check out for yourself.

More pics and links here:
    http://nepmtba.piczo.com/rides2010pa...linkvar=000044

ride
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2/12/10 Friday Ride Snow's Go'in... here's another for the fans-imag1128.jpg  

2/12/10 Friday Ride Snow's Go'in... here's another for the fans-imag1130.jpg  

2/12/10 Friday Ride Snow's Go'in... here's another for the fans-imag1117.jpg  

2/12/10 Friday Ride Snow's Go'in... here's another for the fans-imag1129.jpg  

2/12/10 Friday Ride Snow's Go'in... here's another for the fans-imag1119.jpg  

Did you ever have ham?

2/12/10 Friday Ride Snow's Go'in... here's another for the fans

Looks like more winter wonderland fun!!! You should duct tape a small blade to the front of your bike and get paid for plowing while you ride! LMAL!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Moto:

I did have a vision of throwing someone off the bridge though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

Just kidding...

...and the headlines will read

[SIZE="4"]"I went to a Ride and a Hockey Game broke out"[/SIZE]

wounded knee
    I rode that trail in the Summer, did you make it to the mine disaster?
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Ya all the way down and back the WHOLE 4 miles!

Weeeeeee

As a kid we used to fish by the old coal car that ended up left from the big fill in back in 1960 and, it's still down by the riverbank, I'll have to show you when the water is low in the summer!

wounded knee
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA
    Ya all the way down and back the WHOLE 4 miles!

Weeeeeee

As a kid we used to fish by the old coal car that ended up left from the big fill in back in 1960 and, it's still down by the riverbank, I'll have to show you when the water is low in the summer!

That would be cool to see
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I'd like to ride up there some time. Even though I like the parks and trails, I grew up in Kingston and still like riding the levy system.

I didn't know Pittston had a trail like that.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

dirtrider6:

Sure we could hit it sometime.

glahnb:

It's only 2 miles as of now, but your invited to join us for any rides we do up here!