mtbr member
    Nov 2004

1st time at white clay creek

Myself, bikergirl and bankofdad (our gracious host and trailguide) made a trip down to white clay creek. Simply awesome. Sorry no pics. We hit all 3 parks and ended at the skills park. Did a little over 23 miles of fast, twisty, up and down rolling singletrack, with bridges and logovers thrown in everywhere. Tried and suceeded on some of the stunts. Well worth the drive. Saved some trails and stunts for the "next time".
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I totally agree, the one hour drive for me is worth it...nothing too technical and not too much climbing and SUPER fun! I generally ride the loops clockwise, and most people I see there are doing the same.

Also, I hear they are putting in a pump track and some jump trails in a nearby park, sounds good to me

Nickel Havr
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_from_PA View Post
    Also, I hear they are putting in a pump track and some jump trails in a nearby park, sounds good to me
    Where will the pump track be?
    Quote Originally Posted by William Blake
    Great things are done when men and mountains meet. This is not done by jostling in the street .

Tough Guy Extraordinaire
    White Clay is a blast for sure. One of my favorite places to ride. When you are in the area, you should also check out Fair Hill. It's no joke 4 miles down the road. 6000 acres of riding. Not as buff as White Clay, but fast and fun for sure.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Love white clay, fast and fun!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckstream1 View Post
    Where will the pump track be?
    From Trail Spinners website:

Papermill Mill Bike Park

We've been talking about Bike Parks for a few years with our Land Managers. New Castle County had us on a holding pattern until Glasgow Skate Park opened March 24, 2012. After the opening Jonathan Husband (New Castle County Special Services) looked at the Paper Mill Bike Park Site and was willing to support the project but needed a plan. July 29, 2012, the Trail Spinners Board approved $3,600 to fund the Paper Mill Bike Park Concept Plan. September 5, 2012 Trail Spinners sign contract with IMBA to create concept plan. October 24-25, 2012 IMBA on-site to make measurements, take pictures, and discuss the project with stake holders. We should have the concept plan December 2012 or early January 2013. Hopefully we'll have a public hearing scheduled with New Castle County Council in January 2013. If all goes well maybe ground breaking late spring or early summer 2013. Stay tuned for updates.