mtbr member
    Aug 2006

1st time at Rothrock (I have ?s)

I went up to State College this weekend for my brother to go on a visit. I did not want to take part in the cheesy tour so i bought a book and took off for a solo ride in Rothrock. The book i got had good info on the trails but many of the routes included long stretches of road riding. I was going to peice together some of the rides to make an all singletrack loop but i did not want to get lost on my own in such a big forest. Are the trails near Tussey mt ski area "one directional" That would be the only reason not to make my own route. Thank you for any info, I plan to be heading back quite a bit b/c my brother has made the decision to be a nittany lion!!

^ The Trail Starts Here ^
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    links came up saying no matches.

banned
    For the most part, it's really not that tough to navigate around RR. It's signed very well, the people there are incredibly friendly and sometimes will even lead you around.

you also want to check out:

www.nittanymba.net

^ The Trail Starts Here ^

Good job!

[SIZE="3"]titomalonez:

Sorry I did a search for "Rothrock" on one link and "Tussey Mountain" on the other. I guess you have to do the search yourself. It seem Search links don't work or are not transferable.

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I did not want to take part in the cheesy tour so i bought a book and took off for a solo ride in Rothrock.
    ya know honestly, most people would think pretty highly of a group of individuals who took the time to offer you guided rides tailored to your abilities on their local trails while expecting nothing in return for their efforts.

i hope when you have a heart attack the guy doing surgery is just passing through and has a "open heart surgery for dummies" book in stead of attending "cheesy" med school.

nearly 40 riders went out this morning and none of them had a bad day despite the "cheesy" ride, the "cheesy" free food, and the "cheesy" company

you remind me of the guy who gets lost driving while the whole time his wife is in the passenger seat steaming at how stupid he is that he can't admit he might not know what he's doing.

honestly, asking questions after insulting the people who would answer them is pretty bloody foolish. i think you'd be better off getting lost elsewhere. don't forget to take your wife along.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I was under the impression that the "cheesy tour" was the tour given by the university to the prospective students. I may be wrong but I don't think he meant any insult.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    No no no, you misunderstood me i was refering to the campus tour for incoming freshmen at the University. I was not refering to a tour of the trails that would have been great and if there is one please let me know. Sorry if i wrote it in a confusing manner.

Prez NMBA
    Jul 2005
    yea, dont worry about big hit, he's harmless, probably not enough sleep last nite. anyways, there are plenty of people here in state college that are alway ready willing and able to show a visitor around, especially weekends, but theres a few of us with flexible schedules that can get out during the day on weekdays too. We can definitely put together a more single track than road ride, but for some of the pieces of really good stuff, there is some road involved. On that site, www.nittanymba.org, hit the local rides button and I have two good ride descriptions and you can find maps on the map page if you feel like going out on your own or cant find any locals. the trailheads are being marked better by forestry but not all are marked and some of the posts seem to disappear from time to time. Enjoy rothrock, we certainly do!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

sorry. i guess i missed that one. i was one the phone in the morning with some guy all about coming to town and was trying to tell him if he wanted to ride to go to greenwood, but he just kept being an ass about "just tell me the good trails". i got plenty of sleep, or at least i think i did. nmba is right, i'm harmless, so long as you can get 10 feet away from me. i'm too lazy to cover that distance.

well, it isn't the first time i've been wrong, and certainly not the last. so my apologies, and next time you're in town, just hit the nmba site and you'll find whatever riding your after.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Its all good BHD. My trip was very spare of the moment and if i had the time to ask for help before going i would have tried to get a hold of someone from your club. I have seen your website and it is impressive and i can see why so many people have refered my to it. As i said earlier my brother has made to decision to attend PSU so i would expect i will be making a few more trips up this year. I look forward to hitting RR again. Thanks for the help.

Dave

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Nice one Don!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    indeed!

lol, it's good to see i haven't lost my touch in making an ass out of myself, eh?