Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

1st Annual PA day at Ray's Mtn bike park

Ever wondered what Ray's indoor mtn bike park is???? Well here's your chance to motivate yourself to drive up to cleveland and check it out. It's our 3rd year going and we're already talking about it. This year they have added a XC type track that is unbeleivable. I am trying to arrange a lunchtime buffet for all the PA folks.

we've done it over the weekend or in one day. i'm married with kids so she likes that i'm back the next day but the benefit of two days is hitting stuff the next day a little better.

"but joe i'm just a XC rider why would i want to go?" well i'm a XC geek too but it is a one of a kind experience that is worth the drive. Most stunts are low to the ground and he has all levels of riding. It is a great workout as well, trust me.

Date: February 24/25th
    when: we're driving real early saturday mornign
    you can go whenver is convenient for you.
    Lunch will be on saturday(pending budget)
    just bring some form of PA id and it's on!!!!
    day pass 15.00
    weekend pass 25.00
    you need shin guards, but you can rent them there

Please send this around to all your PA friends and it would be cool to fill the whole place with PA mtn bikers of all styles of riding

Links:
    http://raysmtb.com/
    Video: http://raysmtb.com/inside.html

Address:
    9801 Walford Avenue
    Cleveland, OH 44102

Thanks for your time and i hope to see you all out there

Joe Transue
    Eastern PA IMBA Rep
    transue@msn.com
    610-533-0942

Freshly Fujified

Very tempting

No kids that weekend.....my birthday weekend too....

Hmmmmmmmm

P.S. This thread has been copied and posted on the PMBA site in hopes that some interest is generated there.
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    i'll be penciling myself off those days tomorrow. who knows if it'll hold. a road trip sounds nice though.

mtbr member
    awesome don, maybe a little friendly "best in PA" standoff on the pump track may be something to take back to the crew. I put my money on us east coast PA bikers. With all those fire roads there's no way you guys can handle those skinny logs.

mtbr member
    that's it, i'm going to the trophy store. We will have a "PA pumptrack"champion. They will have to reture the next year to defend their crown.

Lockport Rippers
    Jul 2006
    The date thing has me confused is it the 24 and the 25th? or just one of those days?

Sounds cool, you should be able to count myself and one other to head up. Get to meet a few of the people who I see post on here.

Duffy

mtbr member
    duffy, great question. i think at the least saturday will be the main day but some might stay overnight and come back on sunday. we've done it both ways. I liked going the second day b/c you can perfect stuff you couldn't on saturday unless you're like me and can't move sunday morning. So you can really go anytime you want. I may get wristbands to give out so we know who are PA family is.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    joe,

i've been thinking there's no reason to stop this from snowballing. let's get all of our good old fashioned pennsylvania inbreeders out there for the weekend.

i know a few folks from the sticks like me, they gots totem poles for family trees, too.

Mmmm Rocks Good
    Feb 2005
    PORC/PTAG/BABE will be representing this weekend. PORC/PTAG/BABE will have a lot of people heading there for the weekenbd as well. Sounds like there will be a ton of Pa folks at Rays this weekend. Good stuff!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    what is BABE???

i've heard of PORC and PTAG and know some folks in those, but i've never heard of BABE before. though the pittsburgh area does have a very high proportion of female riders. did someon take a play on that?

Mmmm Rocks Good
    Feb 2005
    BABE is Beaver Area Bike Enthusiasts (I think) they are out of the Beaver Valley area and use Brady's Run Park as their home base. Good guys for sure! There will be some seriously hung over bike folks at Rays on Sun!

mtbr member
    maybe next we we can coordinate sowe're all there the same time. I'm sure you guys will have a blast.

The Other Dude
    Yup, I am a member of BABE! Its Beaver Area Bike Enthusiasts. The park we mostly ride is is literally in my back yard, Bradys Run Park is great! BABE is a great group of guys to ride, and do other stuff with. They are also very passionate about our trails on park, and the conservation of it for not only us bikers, but also the hikers and horse riders.....ill stop here, they/we are great guys!

Anywho, BABE and PTAG along with some others are planning a trip up there this weekend, I am going for sure on saturday (i have to proctor the SAT exam so i will be leaving later.....12:30ish) but the other guys will be up there early. I am going to try to get up there Sunday too.

You should guys should come!

I will make sure i come up to the PA day also.....those days are marked off!
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

The Other Dude
    I want in on the pump competition....or we need some one or two lap time trials on the xc course.....hmmmm.....the possibilities are endless!

Anyone up for the craziest trick into the foam pit?
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

40 oz to freedom
    Damn dude, hopefully I am in. I have to see what I am doing that weekend and what my parents are doing.
    Looking for a used DH/FR bike, have 1500 PM me with anything you've got

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut8
    I want in on the pump competition....or we need some one or two lap time trials on the xc course.....hmmmm.....the possibilities are endless!

Anyone up for the craziest trick into the foam pit?

I'm in !!!!
    And I say do a 1 or 2 lap timed event on the sport coarse!

We will have a group of about 8-11 people this wk end on the Feb 4th, if anyone is up for a practice run We get there at 9 and stay till about 2-4.

Freshly Fujified

I'll need a ride!

If anyone from suburban Philly is planning on going for Saturday only, and is willing to carpool, I'll put up money for gas and tolls. PM me if you are interested.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

long standing member
    Is everyone still planning on doing this Ray's trip?

Hey Don and Duffy, let me know if you guys are still maybe planning to go, I'm thinking about it and would like to carpool if feasible. If there's anyone else from the State College/Central PA area interested feel free to contact me.

Lockport Rippers
    Jul 2006

3 of us

Yeah Patrick,

Kris (offered up his vehicle for the ride, what a nice guy!), Brandon, and myself are planning on going.

We are doing the ride Sat., stay Sat. night, and then ride and return Sunday. Hope to see ya up there.

Duffy

mtbr member

it's still on

hey guys/gals. it definitely on Ray is pumped we're coming up. I also am waiting to hear if we can get the pump track to ourselves for an hour to have the best in PA pump track competition. i'm getting a little trophy made. Here is the hotel we're staying at saturday night maybe we could all get together for dinner. I think there's some places around there to eat.

CLEVELAND-BROOKPARK
    Holiday Inn Express
    16330 SNOW RD
    BROOKPARK, OH 44142
    UNITED STATES

Joe Transue
    Eastern PA IMBA Rep

p.s. get those Nittany boys to pack up and go!!!!!
    Last edited by Hackamo; 02-11-2007 at 11:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I think kris and i are gonna go home next weekend to get our bike stuff if we head back i am up for going.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    well, i'm off. it'll need to be carpooling for me too.

it's getting close, we need to get the SC area plans ironed out. i'll hit up ellis and bug him about the van idea.

Lockport Rippers
    Jul 2006
    Already harassed ellis, but do it again. Maybe he will change his mind. Zach you better go haven't seen you all season.

3 "fiddy" for short
    I'm supposed to get home on the 23rd, but the time is up in the air for now. If it is at a decent time I would love to go out. Im not sure if I'd be up for staying the night (considering I would have just been in hotels for 7 nights), but a LONG day trip is cool.

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by be350ka
    I'm supposed to get home on the 23rd, but the time is up in the air for now. If it is at a decent time I would love to go out. Im not sure if I'd be up for staying the night (considering I would have just been in hotels for 7 nights), but a LONG day trip is cool.
    At this point I too am leaning towards a one day trip with no overnight, if only to save a little cash. Plus, I don't know if my body can handle two full days of dropping, jumping and falling off of obstacles onto concrete. I'd be up for taking my car and driving, just splitting gas money. I can fit two bikes on my car rack, as long as they can be mounted from under the top tube. I probably won't bring my bike, I'll likely be renting since my Turner isn't isn't complete yet and I don't want to ride my XC HT.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast