Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Gravity's Gone

1-30-10 & 1-31-10

What's everybody up for this weekend? I'm game for anything so let me know. They say it's gonna be bone chilling cold both days.

Nank

Roaring Creek? Mt Top? Wouldn't mind a Snappers ride if anyone from Mt Top is planning to do it.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I can bring the anti-freeze. I'll ride pretty much anywhere, but since I'm on the Niner until further notice nothing with drops (larger than last week's...) is in my future. I really don't want to failure-test my fork. Currently I'm open both days, hopefully not subject to change. Once day of Serious Riding (e.g. 20+ miles) would be fabulous in my book.

Gravity's Gone
    What is Snappers?

It's a legendary ride in Mt Top that I've been hearing about for 10 years, but never ridden. I think you may need to learn the Mt Top secret handshake to ride it. Jeffskismontana will have to enlighten us.

Quote Originally Posted by nankerphelge
    What is Snappers?

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I've ridden Snappers a few times, if Jeff can't make it maybe my GPS and memory can lead us the merry ride.

Saturday is best for me, now, when do people want to start?

We could meet in the parking lot of the Rite Aid at the intersection of Kirby and 309, and then roll caravan to the parking area.

map linky

Gravity's Gone
    Earlier would be better for me probably. Let me see if anybody else from down here is gonna check in.

Mt Top Sat morning is fine for me

Quote Originally Posted by nankerphelge
    Earlier would be better for me probably. Let me see if anybody else from down here is gonna check in.

Gravity's Gone
    Just found out I gotta work a half day so I'm out. Hopefully I'll get done in time for a quick spin somewhere local. You guys have fun.

Bear, you want to meet at 8?
    Nank, roaring creek Sunday?

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I'll meet any time after 7am, 8 is fine. Plan on it being "chilly."

We could also do the MTop ride Sun if Nanker would like to participate, I can change my schedule thus. Up to you guys though as you're the ones who are travelling.

I just need to know by sometime this early-evening so I can plan accordingly with the Mrs.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I'm always looking for people to ride with. Were are these located. I'm new top PA

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I live in Kingston , JeffSkisMontana is in Mountain Top, Nanker and Jonz are in Danville vicinity.

For the ride I'm talking about the trails start near the hookup location I posted, but I can't be more specific here. Hook up for a ride and find out more.

mtbr member
    I also live in mountain top but I'm a mtb'ing noob. I've been riding road for the past 3 years and recently got a mountain bike. I would love to ride with you guys but wouldn't want to slow you down.
    If you look for the truth outside yourself, it gets farther and farther away. ~ Tung-Shan

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Jay, as far as I am concerned you are welcome to come - when I want to do a hammerfest-ride I will be explicit about that.

In tomorrow's case you just need to understand that the intended ride is on the order of 12 to 15 miles long, mixed double and single-track. There will be stops and photos I am sure - not every other mile but enough. I have no time limit.

I am interested to hear from Jonz and Nanker, if it would work better Sun.

Would moving the ride to Sun AM affect anybody else?

Quote Originally Posted by bear
    Jay, as far as I am concerned you are welcome to come - when I want to do a hammerfest-ride I will be explicit about that.

In tomorrow's case you just need to understand that the intended ride is on the order of 12 to 15 miles long, mixed double and single-track. There will be stops and photos I am sure - not every other mile but enough. I have no time limit.

I am interested to hear from Jonz and Nanker, if it would work better Sun.

Would moving the ride to Sun AM affect anybody else?
    Both days work equally well for me, just waiting to hear what's up with Nanker. Jay, feel free to join us.

Gravity's Gone
    I'm in for tomorrrow - work cancelled. Looking forward to it. Jonzy, I'm gonna PM you about travel arrangements. Jay, you should join us.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    okey dokey, see everyone @ 8am at the appointed MT location. I'm going to start shivering now to get it out of the way.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Might be interested in a Sunday Ride!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I'm not able to do a 2 and a half hour drive for a ride this weekend, but would be game in the future. I'm down near Gettysburg, if you guys ever wanna hit up some of the areas down here as well.

Gravity's Gone

Sunday.............

..............I'm doing Geisinger at 10:00 am with the usual suspects.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmadams13
    I'm not able to do a 2 and a half hour drive for a ride this weekend, but would be game in the future. I'm down near Gettysburg, if you guys ever wanna hit up some of the areas down here as well.
    jm, i may take you up on that later on in feb, my good cyclist.

Gravity's Gone
    jmadams you're an hour forty five from Rattling Creek. Could be a cool place for a bunch of us to meet up some weekend.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Bear, just let me know, some nice trails close to me, and even better a hour or so into MD towards fredrick or Howard county.

Nanker, more like 2 with traffic, but yeah, been planning on a trip there for early spring. Been a while since I've ridden there. I'm originally from Carroll County, so it was a hike, but much more.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I think the thing that scares me in this conversation is that I'm also originally from Carroll County, left in '83, but my Mom still lives in the same house ( near the intersection of Rt 32 and Klees Mill Rd ).

But yeah, definitely come down that way sometime(s) this year. I keep hear/reading about stuff down that way so must try it out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast