Tamaqua, PA MTB Race

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! *Coal Cracker Classic MAMMOTH JUNE MONTHLY*

*JUNE MONTHLY RIDE UPDATE*

We will be running our monthly June ride (with a twist) this Sunday 6.9! Here is what's going down:

8:00AM - MAMMOTH LOOP RIDE. Yes, that's right, we will be running a select ride on our 12.5 mile expert course! PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY. This ride features steep climbs, technical descents, tight single track and everything in between! Extra FOOD/WATER/TUBES/TOOLS is a must for this ride! Please post any questions/concerns below!

3:00PM - REGULAR LOWER CCC LOOP. We will run our usual lower loop at this time. This course is open to everyone and will run our CCC race course!

Meetup at per usual top yellow gate at the Bungalow Tamaqua! See you on the trails!

-Krew de CCC

*Coal Cracker Classic MAMMOTH JUNE MONTHLY*-422607_489873254363984_1538649122_n.jpg
    Tamaqua PA's Premier Cross Country Mountain Bike Race

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

Woo Hoo...

Mammoth Loop...
    (BOS) Bring your Own Sasquatch!

Tamaqua, PA MTB Race

Cool-blue Rhythm Are You Ready...?

Are you ready for the "Mammoth"? Bungalow Park. 8AM. See you there!

Name:  6c0ad4eeb41f11e192e91231381b3d7a_6.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  30.8 KB

mtbr member
    So who's in?? Climb, climb, climb, and climb some more to get to some awesome Pa mountain trails! Short sections of hike-a-bike up/down connecting sweet mountain top single track, couple jeep roads to stretch the legs, classic rock riddled sections to test your grit and bike handling skills, did I say climb?, few technical ups & downs to challenge your mountain goat skills and your drop-post descending nerve, as well as just about anything all-mountain you can imagine thrown in. Like Rich said, bring plenty of food, fuel, and appropriate equipment, as well as a willing sense of adventure. Definitely a local bucket list ride to experience. Whoohoo! Bring da pain!!! (Don't worry...there will also be miles of smiles!)

Bdub

Tamaqua, PA MTB Race

Hope CCC Thank You!

The CCC sends out a huge THANK YOU to all the riders who showed for the double dose of monthlies today! Great conditions, great trails, and great company make for the best mountain biking! Stay tuned for the next set of dates!

#makingithappen

*Coal Cracker Classic MAMMOTH JUNE MONTHLY*-photo-2.jpg

*Coal Cracker Classic MAMMOTH JUNE MONTHLY*-photo-1.jpg

mtbr member
    Thanks for posting and leading! great time!
    without hops the world stops

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by CoalCrackerClassic View Post
    The CCC sends out a huge THANK YOU to all the riders who showed for the double dose of monthlies today! Great conditions, great trails, and great company make for the best mountain biking! Stay tuned for the next set of dates!

#makingithappen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-2.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	224.2 KB 
ID:	806843

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-1.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	287.7 KB 
ID:	806844
    Rich,

thanks for hosting/posting. I could not make it, but I can tell ya TJ is a real strong mt biker, and did I see Barry and Berger in the pic? My eyes aren't what they used to be so excuse me if I'm wrong fellas!

mtbr member
    Great mammoth loop ride sunday! Words, pics, & videos don't do justice to the awesome adventure. Bummer couldn't stick around for the lower ccc race loop at 3, would have been cool to throw that extra 7+ miles of the rollercoaster swoopy stuff into the day! Cheers to the crew that kicked that mammoth in the balls...Photog Rich, climb like a goat: yellow Ron, local hardtail mountain madman; green George, Hazleton rockin the beast on a 26er; blue mbike mike, Bethlehem welcome to the 29er club; and red, yours truly. Good day indeed...

bdub
    Live to ride, ride to live

mtbr member
    A few pics
    *Coal Cracker Classic MAMMOTH JUNE MONTHLY*-image.jpg

I also took a look at the GPS track - the power line we climbed is the same one that the locust lake hubcap trail from the fire tower dumps you out on! How awesome of an epic ride would that be to shuttle? Hey Ron any single track to connect the two above Mary d?
    without hops the world stops

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by mbike View Post
    I also took a look at the GPS track - the power line we climbed is the same one that the locust lake hubcap trail from the fire tower dumps you out on! How awesome of an epic ride would that be to shuttle? Hey Ron any single track to connect the two above Mary d?
    From the top of the mountain seems to me going left on the pipeline to the lower water company pipline trail would get ya closer to Mary D and Gator's Bar and Grill...LOL near the Moto enduro loop. I'll have to look at my Moto GPS maps, keeping my GPS on during Moto rides/races comes in handy.

Shuttling would be an awesome ride!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Mike, From locust lake there is no straight shot single track from where we dumped in after we rode the power line. There is a bunch of loops off the power line road you can ride. They drop in off the power line and dump you out a few hundred feet back on the power line. One is about 1.1 miles long and the other is 3 miles long. I leave from my house (stone throw from Gator's Bar) and climb to the the cross towers. (where the two power lines intersect). I am about half way between locust lake and the single track we rode Sunday. Usually I veer towards locust because there is way more single track on that side of the mountain. Heading toward tamaqua you have to ride a lot of power line rode until you get the the drop in for the Upper loop of the Bungalow. Let me know if you are coming up again.
    I am trying to build a single track from the cross tower to head toward tamaqua, but really thick bush to manage.
    Ron

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Barry like the names