mtbr member
    Jul 2004

[B]Ted's Jump Jam is coming![/B]

Ted's Annual Jump Jam is coming Nov. 9th, and it is a killer party where the XC/DH/DS and BMX crowds come together for a killer day of riding and hanging out.

This years event is a benefit for injured BMX rider Mike Aitken, who got seriously busted up 1 1/2 weeks ago. Check out www.mikeaitken.com for donating and updates.

More info on the Jam to come...

mtbr member
    I just moved dirt and rode there today. You better bring your "A" game if you wanna hit those DJ's. Wow, they are difficult but really nice... FLOW BABY
    bike = good

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    I'd be down for coming to take pics, because by the time my DJ rig will be sold and my XC bike don't jump.

mtbr member
    I'll be there for the Jam. Digging tomorrow.
    Team _________

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Will there be a trail ride this year?
    Love to bring by the old school OWB, take a ride and snap some photos.
    Eric
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Jump Jam! Nice!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Ted's Updates

Yes, there will be a morning XC ride @ Marsh Creek SP, 10:00am. Fast flowy sweet lines that are a total rip (kinda like Ted's, actually). Ted and company have been working diligently on this project and will have some killer new additions this year.

One nice thing is the addition of a sweet kidneybean/figure 8 pump track to the yard. It is really cool, you can pump the **** out of it and rail the berms, and never leave the ground if you don't want to. Great for the XC guys to shred.

There is an all new 180 berm, and Ted has concreted (YES) the original which is now ridiculously fast and leads to a table top, then double step-up, then uphill speed generating rollers then another split to big peaky sets then the new 180 then... The concrete berm faster than the velodrome and sound so cool as your knobbies rip off the tires -- check it out:
    http://www.vimeo.com/1982847

As stated, this event is a benefit for Mike Aitken. The prize donations/raffle swag is piling up, so be there, rip it up, enjoy the food, flow and good vibe and celebrate the ride.

Food donations/put luck strongly recommended.

More updates to come.

mtbr member
    Jay, Aaron wants to come down but he's stuck between bikes. BMX which he shreds street/urban stuff on or a Specialized SX trail. I think he got rid of his GT Chucker, but maybe not. Which bike do you guys think is best?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I don't know what will happen with the xc ride because there is a xc race the same day at Marsh Creek.

Double squish is a bad idea.

No DH tires.

No newbs, the number of riders and skill level of riders will make it dangerous to have newbs on the trail, there will be 20" riders who ride brakeless and they will run you over if you are not ripping, my bike will probably stay in the garage so I am not a menace on my own trails.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Larry, uhhh, Rob. Tell him to bring the SX trail. If YOU are ready to Man Up, you can try my 29er DS/DJ bike...

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    Do we need to take off the front knobby? Or just the back?

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

XC Race at Marsh Creek? Then maybe....

Hit a loop on the D'town Trestle Bridge trails and then head back to Ted's?
    Just throwing it out there as a possibility per the race that day.
    Eric
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Soooo. Who do i listen to? If he brings the SX trail it's gonna have 2.5 SpecialEd DH tires with 60psi. The BMX/street has no brakes, but Aaron will put a set on.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    There will be more riders than ever and with how dry its been the trail will just get too abused with knobs, that is the reason I ask people to not use dh tires.

There are a few new obsticles that will be tough on a double squish, I have to be very physical with my hardtail to maintain speed through some sections, not to say they would be impossible on a double squish buy you would have to be very agressive and nail the trannys perfect to make it through.

Again, safety is a concern, I will not have the same thing as last year, I am thinking of bringing in a bouncer, 1 crash and your out

mtbr member
    damn, just one. I'll be flagged by noon!
    Team _________