Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sinfony78 View Post

how's your collar bone coming along?

Busted mine in September and haven't been on the bike (trail riding) since. It feels about 70% so I'm ready to hit it again but now the weather sucks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBass_ View Post
    GFBD Group Ride this past Saturday. I take the carbon fatty because it's Global Fat Bike Day and I haven't been on it in awhile. 35 riders on an easy loop with some short steep hills. I always like to stay near the front on these because I'm a fast climber (for an old guy). Mid way through we break to regroup. We start out again and it's a pretty relaxing ride so I decide to stay mid pack. An aforementioned short steep hill (30 feet or so) looms. I do my out of the saddle cranking to get my speed up before we hit the hill and a giant cluster**** develops in front of me with everybody stalled out. I try to pass on the right as I'm still in motion and another rider suddenly pulls out in front of me and stops. The trail is off camber as well so when I put my left foot down, it's into space as I topple over on to the guy next to me. I hear a crack and think "oh shit". Then I notice my non drive seat stay is cracked half through.....

Group rides are overated
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Been mtb for over 10 years and my worst crash was on a bike path 7 weeks ago. Hit a wire across the exit of a bike path at 16.7mph. Could have been MUCH worse. Mild concussion, broken nose, broken orbital (still have double vision when I look way up - thankfully don't look way up when I bike), sprained thumb (still hurts), badly bruised quads (there are still dents in them where they hit the wire), and other bruising.

Good news is that no surgery required. Got the OK from the doc to do a cyclocross race 4.5 weeks after crash. Feeling strong now.

Your most recent crash: How was it?-temp-photo.jpg

CB of the East
    Wow, lots of pain and anguish here. I'll add mine: The Candid Cyclist: Does This Bike Make Me Feel Overconfident?

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Trying to show off in front of my wife was my undoing. I hopped on a little 16 inch BMX bike and proceeded to bunny hop over some of the large landscaping rocks in our yard. I successfully cleared 4 of them when I turned around to ride the path again.

The first rock was cleared ok but I landed crooked in the wet grass. The pedal was shoved into my shin so hard that I have a 2 inch gouge of skin missing.

My wife, ever the supportive spouse, laughed, shook her head and went inside the house while I acted like Peter Griffin, holding my leg while rocking back and forth, repeating, "oooohhhh, aaahhhhhhh".

That was 5 weeks ago, the scab still hasn't fallen off.

Climbs = necessary evil
    Soft. Landed in the snow.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    The coffee was a hair too strong a few weeks ago to the point I had tunnel vision and didn't see a tree that had fallen and been cut so I hit it with my hand and went OTB at like 15mph. 100% fine and so is the bike, I was lucky.

mtbr member
    May 2015

Video kind of shows. Came down that hill, veered left somehow and ended up in a crick. Keep in mind it was 25* and I was soaked... Good thing it's just across the street from my house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinF433 View Post

Video kind of shows. Came down that hill, veered left somehow and ended up in a crick. Keep in mind it was 25* and I was soaked... Good thing it's just across the street from my house

Did you catch any fish?

That sounds like a cold crash.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Pathetic. I decided I needed practice at manualing the new bike, since I was having trouble getting the front wheel up without pedaling and figured my spud bunny hops were going to get me in trouble on the trail. Went right off the back in the middle of the street in front of the neighbors house. Looked around and found no witnesses to a graybeard crashing his bike like one of the local skate rats. No injury to body or pride.

It's a helpful reminder to read your accounts of people pushing it too hard, as my new bike likes speed, and I've gotten up close but not yet personal with a couple trees recently after misjudging a corner or two. Hope those of you on the injured list heal-up soon and the rest of you keep the rubber side down for a while.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkGX View Post
    Thrash: in my younger days I had a foot/ankle that looked a lot like yours (from basketball tho, not MTB). Doc took what seemed like 20 X-rays from multiple angles. Was getting pissed off at the radiology tech because it hurt like hell contorting my foot around. After all that, no broken bones. Doc told me It would've better if I had broken the ankle instead of basically shredding all the ligaments. Figured it would give me trouble for years to come. Fortunately it's held up quite nicely for over 30 years now so there's always hope.
    Be sure to do your PT long after you've healed-up. Even when you have your strength back, it helps with proprioception to keep going through the motions. I just about touched my big toe to my calf backpacking when I was a teen and didn't do proper PT. I've had recurrent ankle injuries over the years as a result. Taking better care of it since I hurt it a few years back, but it's definitely much easier to turn than the other ankle.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Did you catch any fish?

That sounds like a cold crash.
    Nope. No fish in that creek, but I did find a cray fish a few months ago.

MIA
    Feb 2005

no doubt...

Quote Originally Posted by phride View Post
    Be sure to do your PT long after you've healed-up. Even when you have your strength back, it helps with proprioception to keep going through the motions.
    Thanks, I definitely will. I learned the long-term PT lesson a couple years ago with a rotator cuff injury . It is a very good tip for anyone with this sort of damage.

PT has been going well, and I'm now back on the bike (with an ankle brace). However the ankle is still far from back to normal. I have a couple more months of formal PT, and then many more months of doing the exercises on my own. I figure 6 to 9 months before it will feel close to "normal" again.

--thrash

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    OMG that is gut wrenching

mtbr member
    I was nearing the end of the Lower Porcupine Singletrack back in early October. Had gotten through the more technical section and was cruising along at around 18-20 mph on a wide section of fairly smooth trail. I saw a sizable rock up ahead but it was well off center, so I just looked beyond it. All of a sudden My bike stopped dead, as my right pedal hit said off-center rock.I ejected OTB and can remember saying out loud, "What The F---?" as I'm still in the air. I hit hard on the left elbow and somehow managed to impact my hip, right knee and slightly scrape my right forearm.

The bike survived it better than I did. After a quick inspection, I jumped back on and finished the ride. Later, I found that I had also scraped up my Go-Pro case right in front of the lens. I wish the camera had been recording when I crashed, but the battery had died by then.

This pic was taken five days later. I bruised a bit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your most recent crash: How was it?-elbow.jpg  

Last edited by chuckha62; 01-11-2016 at 07:19 AM.
    One gear is all you need.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    I'm posting a narrow escape instead of injury (had one of those this summer 5 weeks off the bike). Sat I was an hour into what had been a moderately paced ride when I found myself in front of the other 3 guys. Just like those famous-last-words moments I stepped up the pace as we entered some tight S-turns. Because I kept pedaling while laying over; the bike bounced off a rock with the inside pedal. It was one of those that send you off-line and into the trees. I lucked out by missing first one tree then another by mm, just the shoulder brushing a bit. My shenanigans got laughs out of my pals as they went smoothly by.
    oops I wasn't clipped in

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by thrash View Post
    I wish I could claim it was some incredibly difficult technical move, but in reality it was just a short series of rocky uphill steps that should have been a breeze.

Wrong line -- suddenly I'm stopped and in slow motion watching the bike (and me) lay down on top of my right foot which catches a rock in just the right spot where there is a void under my ankle.

I can guarantee that ankles are not built to rotate that far in that direction.
    Picture from 2 days later:
    Attachment 1035828

Four weeks off the bike and counting, and it is still swollen.

Might manage to make it back on the bike this weekend. At least that is the general plan.
    Ankle injuries suck. I rolled my ankle super bad about 7 years ago just watching an air show, there was a round river rock hidden in the tall grass, and this last year is the first full year I haven't needed to wear my brace. From the day of the injury to about 5-6 months I had to wear the brace pretty much every day then slowly needed less and less. I didn't have medical insurance at the time otherwise PT probably would have helped me recover faster.

mtbr member
    Any mud related crashes out there?

https://www.facebook.com/pricepoint/?fref=ts
    A mountain, a lake, a trail, all waiting there...

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Last one of note was on a trail I ride... Oh every week or so, maybe every other depending on direction. Decided to take the inside line on a downhill rock garden 90 degree turn, turns out there is a hole between two baby head sized rocks. Flipped me over the bars right quick! I had enough time to see my face was going to hit the log on the side of the trail and I turned my head enough to not break my nose or mouth. One nasty looking black eye and a trip to the ER to make sure I didn't break and bones or have any internal bleeding. CT scan came back clean. Went out and bought a Bell Super 2R full face helmet.... I'm ugly enough I don't need to make it any worse!
    I like bikes

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Haven't had a substantial crash in years. Was riding my usual loop and took a different line on the downhill and went down a small sloping rock ledge. The front tire hit a little sideways and burped enough air to cause me to tumble over the bars. I ended up with a bruised rib, hip, and some rash on my shin. The rib is still bothering me a bit. I'll take a week or two off the bike to make the wife happy about me not letting myself heal. Maybe a hike instead.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    It's been awhile since my last crash as well. Sadly, that's not because of any appreciable increase in my skill level but due to a lack of serious trail time for quite some time. Was tooling along a regular trail on a solo ride and got distracted while navigating an up-and-over flat top. Got my line of sight pulled to the left and the bike started heading that way. Made it to the end of the flat top and had just hit the downslope when the front tire slipped off the side. Headed OTB and smacked into a good-size tree just off to the side. Pretty good cuts, scrapes & bruises but nothing serious. The wounded pride didn't take too long to heal... there was no one around to see the wreck itself.

mtbr member
    Not a real crash but I did got stuck in to some brush wile clearing a switchback last weekend. No scratches but I did get a tick who drilled a shallow hole on my leg. What an ugly bug!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    crashed and burned hillclimbing on my snowmobile. pulled a muscle in my back when I was getting my self unstuck from being pinned by it. no riding for a month. sucks.

Mr. Buck E. Fikes
    Last Thursday. This one wasn't even a cool crash. Friend loaned me his bike since we run identical frames (SJ Carbon Experts) and "almost" identical builds where he has a Pike and I'm on a Fox 34 CTD and considering a fork change. Set his bike up with identical ergos to ride the trail the next day. Rode around the neighborhood and off some curbs and just generally bounced around for about 20 minutes before putting it up for the evening. Did I mention he runs his XT brakes moto or "Euro" style? I'm okay with that, I knew it, I ride a high powered sport/tour machine, it's easily adapted. "You'll have no problem" he said. "It'll be a piece of cake" he said. "yeah, easy-peazy" I said. 30 minutes after stuffing the bike in the garage, something comes up and I hop on it to blast down the street about a block. Never made it! Went to go moto off a curb from the sidewalk and all I can imagine is for some reason I drug a bit of "rear" brake while turning before coming off the curb. Next thing I know I'm crumbling to the concrete so hard, right elbow, both hands, right hip, right shoulder, then right thigh, and knees. I'm in a heap a writhing in pain wondering WTF just happened?! OMG that hurt way worse than any dirt crash I've had! Never touched my head fortunately since I wasn't wearing a helmet....or gloves.

Small abrasions mostly on right knee, calf, thigh. Massive contusion on my IT Band. Hip hurts but not injured, hands both cut up on the back of the hand, and what seemed minimal at first may now be a fractured olecranon (elbow) but I'm waiting on radiology reports. Fortunately that isn't causing any real pain, just something like a chip about the size of a nickel floating back and forth in my elbow. I did 2400' and 1:20 of climb and some epic techy downhill for a total of 18 miles on the brand new Pike I bought and installed last night so hopefully I can shake this off and not need any other medical intervention. It's those little "innocent" rides that keep catching me!

Oh....and the Pike is just pure awesome straight out of the box!!

Ouch! Hope your elbow isn't fractured OMS. The old Moto brake set up can bite ya. Even if you are a Moto rider. Keeping it straight between the two styles in a pinch can be deadly. It could have been worse.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Mr. Buck E. Fikes
    Yep. I have no issue when I get on the Yamaha FJR but I also have a foot on the rear brake and a clutch for the left hand. ABS protects me from bad stops. Just too many years of muscle memory when on the mtb to rely on remembering the change. Like they say, when it hits the fan in a hurry, rather than rising to the occasion of amazing reaction, one generally falls to memory of continuous training and habit. Proof.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    Yep. I have no issue when I get on the Yamaha FJR but I also have a foot on the rear brake and a clutch for the left hand. ABS protects me from bad stops. Just too many years of muscle memory when on the mtb to rely on remembering the change. Like they say, when it hits the fan in a hurry, rather than rising to the occasion of amazing reaction, one generally falls to memory of continuous training and habit. Proof.
    OMS, you didn't hurt your casting arm/hand did you?

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    on the last ride, on the last half mile heading back, I wasn't paying attention and clipped my pedal on a rock, it somehow stopped the bike and I slammed into the handle bars and stem. Ended up on my side on top of the handle bars right next to a huge cactus patch, luckily I wasn't 1 foot further up or I would have been in it. Also very lucky bc 3 or 4 inches or so from my stomach someone had cut off a small tree but did so at a sharp angle leaving the 2.5 inch diameter stump looking like a spear point sticking out of the ground about a foot, nice to get impaled on. I dusted myself off and blunted the spear best I could with a rock. I notice those kind of spear points quite often in my area, I'm thinking of bringing a hatchet to cut everyone down low so no one dies.

I ended up with some bruised ribs, 7'' long handle bar red imprint across my lower pec, and a nice big green bruise on my upper abs from the stem. Oh and also a sprained wrist so I haven't been able to hit the gym this week. Gotta stay sharp even towards the end!!
    Santa Cruz Hightower *Build in Progress*
    Fuel Ex 8 27.5

All fat, all the time.
    My last wreck (not really a crash) was a large broken branch into the top of my forearm, 6 stitches later....joy oh joy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    My last crash happened when bombing a hill on a skateboard and resulted in this..

Your most recent crash: How was it?-75904_10202897702944651_1091103006_n-1-.jpg

I stick to things with brakes now, though I did heal up perfectly, like it never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by BikeBro View Post
    My last crash happened when bombing a hill on a skateboard and resulted in this..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75904_10202897702944651_1091103006_n (1).jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	1048160

I stick to things with brakes now, though I did heal up perfectly, like it never happened.
    You didn't read the skateboarding 101 hand book did you?

1] No pain no gain.
    2] Helmets, we don't need no stinking helmets.
    3] Knee pads, we don't need no stinking knee pads.
    4] Elbow pads, we don't need no stinking knee pads.
    5] Casts, we don't need no stinking casts.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Goofing around town on my newest bike last weekend. Had a couple inches of fresh powder snow. I got to having so much fun I kinda forgot that snow means slippery. Front end washed out and I went down hard. Happened so fast I didn't even take my feet off the pedals. My butt hurts and my ego is bruised but thankfully other than a scratched bar end and scratched rear derailleur the bike was fine.
    Trek Madone 4.5
    Surly Ice Cream Truck Ops
    Salsa Pony Rustler GX1
    And a couple other beater bikes.

mtbr member
    I rode Sunday on trails that were a mix of snow, ice, dirt and rock. Most of the snow was frozen and good traction. We hit one trail in the sun, and the snow was slushy and soft. I want down, and landed on a big rock. Hip, arm and ribs are hurting right now. Nothing is broken, but the ribs are killing me.

Captain One Lung Administrator
    More of a ninja roll tumble but I don't generally crash so this qualifies for me. Besides, it looks funny.
    Your most recent crash: How was it?-vlcsnap-2016-02-09-17h38m21s373-1.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    On a fast downhill section of single track, I cut a tree too sharp and clipped it with my left bar. That sent me straight right (thankfully) into another tree. Center that one up with my shoulder.

Still had my best lap time!
    2003 Specialized Hardrock Pro
    2001 GT i-Drive 5.0

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    how was it?

Stunning. well I am taking it easy in case I had concussion, though it was very low speed into soft dirt OTB right into my noggin

bent helmet. knee still healing half a week later. bike came down after me, on top me .. bent back brake rotor

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    a few friends and I made the drive from Pittsburgh to Cleveland a few weeks ago to visit Ray's for the day. It was my first time there so I was working my way up through the obstacles starting with the easiest of course.
    I started getting a little more confident, going faster and trying some of the more difficult skinnies. I'm not sure if I lost the front or rear, but I tipped over on a ~5" wide skinny with a curve in it. I wasn't going very fast of course, but when you fall of one line you fall onto another. I landed awkwardly and badly sprained my left wrist.

It didn't hurt too bad after the crash, so of course I kept riding. After a few hours we took a break to eat and it really stiffened up and got sore. By the time we had left it was hurting so bad that just the weight of my hand almost had me crying.

it's still a little sore when I move certain ways and my wrists have always been bad.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    The last time I had an injury was when I was out on a trail near the Slaughter Pen park (Forget the name. Was it seed tick shuffle? It was right above the park, haha.), and I had climbed up an extremely steep hill for like 15 minutes and when I got to the top, I looked down over the downhill trail, which was very bumpy, jumped on my bike, and rode down. Nevertheless, I hit a pile of leaves and flipped my bike sideways, flying over the handlebars!

Professional Crastinator
    Went down today on a flow trail in 5" of snow on my fatbike. Left a helmet print inside one of the berms. It was just so slick off the main groove. When I went down I let the bars hit first and they just slid out from under me. I clamored along with my hands but those slipped too and my head just plowed into the snow. Quite a safe landing.
    Every vent was packed with snow, though.
    Anyone would've laughed.

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

Professional Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by g34343greg View Post
    a few friends and I made the drive from Pittsburgh to Cleveland a few weeks ago to visit Ray's for the day. It was my first time there so I was working my way up through the obstacles starting with the easiest of course.
    I started getting a little more confident, going faster and trying some of the more difficult skinnies. I'm not sure if I lost the front or rear, but I tipped over on a ~5" wide skinny with a curve in it. I wasn't going very fast of course, but when you fall of one line you fall onto another. I landed awkwardly and badly sprained my left wrist.

It didn't hurt too bad after the crash, so of course I kept riding. After a few hours we took a break to eat and it really stiffened up and got sore. By the time we had left it was hurting so bad that just the weight of my hand almost had me crying.

it's still a little sore when I move certain ways and my wrists have always been bad.
    Been there. Done that.

Heal well. At least it's Winter.

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    More of a ninja roll tumble but I don't generally crash so this qualifies for me. Besides, it looks funny.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vlcsnap-2016-02-09-17h38m21s373-1.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	1049025
    Did you reenact the crash or what?

Quote Originally Posted by LaloKera View Post
    Did you reenact the crash or what?
    Almost! I was trying to find lines that worked well for the video camera so after the tumble I went back up to complete a ride by, not a roll by. I gave up on jumping while distracted but came away with a "sick edit". So sick the camera didn't even want to film it and just keeled over. lol

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    Almost! I was trying to find lines that worked well for the video camera so after the tumble I went back up to complete a ride by, not a roll by. I gave up on jumping while distracted but came away with a "sick edit". So sick the camera didn't even want to film it and just keeled over. lol

Haha, Ok.
    Yeah, I fell once as my buddy with the camera fell behind. When he rolled up on me, found me face planted to the ground. Picked my self up, but then decided to hit the ground again so he could snap the pic.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    I had a stall/tip over toward a very rocky (not steep) edge on Saturday. I think that if I would have hit the boulders, I may have been looking at broken ribs but I pulled off a heroic maneuver.

As I was tipping over in slow motion (there was nothing to put a foot down onto), I grabbed a dead tree limb that was sticking out. It totally stopped me from slamming on the rocks. I was dangling horizontally from the branch just inches above the boulders.

I did smack my hand pretty hard on the branch in the process of grabbing it though, so all of my fingers hurt.

Haha, Ok.
    Yeah, I fell once as my buddy with the camera fell behind. When he rolled up on me, found me face planted to the ground. Picked my self up, but then decided to hit the ground again so he could snap the pic.
    LOL if it happened then a little staging afterwards isn't uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    I had a stall/tip over toward a very rocky (not steep) edge on Saturday. I think that if I would have hit the boulders, I may have been looking at broken ribs but I pulled off a heroic maneuver.

As I was tipping over in slow motion (there was nothing to put a foot down onto), I grabbed a dead tree limb that was sticking out. It totally stopped me from slamming on the rocks. I was dangling horizontally from the branch just inches above the boulders.

I did smack my hand pretty hard on the branch in the process of grabbing it though, so all of my fingers hurt.
    Straight ninja!

mtbr member
    My last fall. December 2015.
    had just finished raining all night and i headed uphill on gravel lined fire road.
    once I reached the top, i decided to bomb it on the steep downhill towards the lake.
    was coming to a curve, 20ft drop off on one side. was goinf about 20-25 MPH when i realized as i tried to turn that there was no gravel on this side of the hill. Only Loose watered down mudd!!! don't know how but i straight bailed off the bike as i was headed straight for the drop off. chest planted on the edge of the trail. Could not breathe for maybe 15 seconds after the impact. Did not feel it for two days but had chest pain for maybe a month afterward. Bruised ribs, sprained ankle as well.
    Don't worry, the bike was fine....

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Well, I got another one. I went out to the Lake Atalanta trails with my father and brother..We were at the bike park there and I went on some fun jumps and I did pretty well, catching some pretty good air. Sadly, I caught air not expecting it and flew over my handlebars and slid down the hill on my knees haha.

Binned
    Nov 2008
    ^ ouch

mtbr member
    At the beginning of my ride, at the top of a 4 minute downhill, the trail slips right past one boulder down a sand filled groove then left past another.

Usually, I come into this section with a bit of speed and flick my rear tire around the first boulder to slip past the second.

Today I figured a straighter line would be faster and surly that second boulder will move out of my way. Nope. Furious when my front wheel directly hit the boulder, I flew up high and over my handle bars to show that boulder who was boss with a body slam. Sadly, I misjudged my speed. Never mind I'll show his mini boulder friends who's boss. So I slammed down on them with the full weight of my left shoulder, side, and hip. They certainly learned who was boss on that trail. They were.

So I rolled around in the middle of the trail for a bit to let the message sink in. Then finished the next 9 miles of the ride.

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon XP

banned
    Mar 2016
    Ohhh! ^^^ are you alright?

banned
    Mar 2016
    Are you alright now?????

banned
    Mar 2016
    Are you alright now...???
    Please carefully ride........

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    First night ride in 16 or 17 years last night. Didn't have the bar light fastened quite as well as I should have, it pivoted backward into my eyes, and I rode right into a tree while adjusting it. Slow speed, so it should have been no big deal, but I somehow managed to break my toe on the trunk of the tree. Thankfully, it hurts less to ride than walk.

mtbr member
    On Saturday, I did what had to be the funniest super slow-mo OTB, ever. I was climbing on my SS and trying to maintain some momentum an a steeper part of the climb when my front wheel came upon a rock. I came to a complete stop and was basically track standing. I let off the brake and rolled backwards slightly and decided to give a nice hard half pedal stroke. All good, except I forgot to pull up just as I hit the same rock. Momentum now propelled me right up onto a slow motion nose-wheelie. Then the wheel and therefore the handle bars went sideways. I fell to my left and landed my left butt cheek on another rock. OUCH! I didn't develop the colorful bruise that I thought I would. Might have made a funny video though.
    One gear is all you need.

Trail Ninja
    Rode a spare bike for a night group ride since I was waiting on new tires for my main. Apparently with 30% sag on the rear, being FSR, it rode pretty low compared to my Ripley. I was keeping up with the lead group and was a little cautious going into the prior narrow twisty section that had me watching for handlebar clips, but had confidence I could make it up on the pedaling sections. I tried pedaling out of a G-out that had a decent length climb that had some chunk further up, but while fixated on the climb, chunk, and the small gap behind the lead group, I started pedaling too early and clipped a rock hard near the very bottom of the g-out at basically full speed. Fell off the bike and thought I got away with only a scrape on my knee.

Once the ride was done, I found out that my left palm got quarter sized road rash, but worst of all I found that I couldn't walk straight because my left foot's big toe got bashed hard and/or got overextended maybe. I was demo'ing some 5.10 Contacts, which felt thinner and more flexible than my normal shoes. My right toe feels a tiny bit of pain. Honestly not sure which side got the pedal strike, but know that I fell towards the left side. I had pedal strikes like this before, but the pain was only temporary, while this has bothered me since (just a day so far).

BTW, hans dampfs 29 pacestar on sale at Jenson. Picked up 3. An employee that was on the ride said they had countless totes (customer orders) filled with them.

Trail Ninja
    Ok, I was considering going on a ride, but I checked up on the swelling on my toe (left foot) and it felt more pronounced. Top side didn't show any really bad signs besides sort of a cut mark and a bruise as if my toe got ran over; guess I must've hit the rock with my foot/shoe pointed downwards. I didn't look at the underside until now and this is what I found:

Your most recent crash: How was it?-bigtoeinjury.jpg
    Your most recent crash: How was it?-bigtoeinjurytopside.jpg

Actually, my entire left leg and foot is more red from all the blood flow. Actually kind of funny.

mtbr member
    This happened today to me. Landed on hands and fingers on left hand are pretty swollen from me trying to break my fall. Yikes, hope it's not broke.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your most recent crash: How was it?-12795572_10153583779818883_638311164656073858_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Actually a ski crash but this still keeps me off the bike for a few weeks. 14 stitches and plenty of sore muscles. 7 inch long gash that was deep but not deep enough to hit muscle or bone.

Your most recent crash: How was it?-img_2700-1.jpg
    2016 Santa Cruz Hightower 29er
    2016 Chromag Surface 27.5+
    2013 Transition TransAM 29er
    2017 Motobecane Lurch FS 26 fat

Silence! I kill you!
    Wrecked 2x on Saturday on the same drop. First ride on the trail since the snow melted. Its a skinny wood thing with a short 2-3ft drop at the end. First time my back tire about slid off of it so I jumped off the bike. Landed on my feet. Picked up the bike & tried again.

Second time I made it off, but my handlebar hit a tree on the way down. Scratched my hand/arm, but I was able to jump over the bike and run down the trail. May that be my worst fall this year!
    My photography website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

since 4/10/2009
    Had one today. Riding down Menny Thanks near Vegas and had become accustomed to the plentiful rock and outstanding grip. Near the bottom of the downhill in a flowy spot, my front tire caught a really soft berm that had built up on the outside edge/downhill side of the trail. Front washed out and I went down. Minor scrape resulted.

Your most recent crash: How was it?-uploadfromtaptalk1457398783863.jpg

No Clue Crew
    I swear nowadays my wrecks are all embarrassing. I was riding a section of trail I've ridden hundreds of times. It's a moderately short but tough climb followed by a short chunky downhill followed by an even shorter section of just semi-loose rock through a kind of ravine.

I made the climb (PRd it but didn't know until later) and felt beat but decided to hit the DH section without stopping. Made it through the chunk and came to the loose section which typically doesn’t require much attention to ride it.

Next thing I know I'm on my head.

A couple days later I ride it again thinking WtF the entire time.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    I swear nowadays my wrecks are all embarrassing. I was riding a section of trail I've ridden hundreds of times. It's a moderately short but tough climb followed by a short chunky downhill followed by an even shorter section of just semi-loose rock through a kind of ravine.

I made the climb (PRd it but didn't know until later) and felt beat but decided to hit the DH section without stopping. Made it through the chunk and came to the loose section which typically doesn’t require much attention to ride it.

Next thing I know I'm on my head.

A couple days later I ride it again thinking WtF the entire time.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Haha, I hear you. I was out this past weekend and had ridden a few trails and was taking a breather/rest while pedaling down the 2 track. I had gotten to the entrance of the next trail but wasn't clipped in so I rolled past the entrance while clipping in and turned to hit the trail. I was now past the entrance so there was an 18-24" drop off, no big deal right? Wrong. Haha. I hit the drop off rode right into the left berm and fell back right on the right berm. I just laid there a second, still clipped in, laughing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarBrahWyo View Post
    This happened today to me. Landed on hands and fingers on left hand are pretty swollen from me trying to break my fall. Yikes, hope it's not broke.
    Update: Broke two fingers on this crash lol. In a cast for at least a month.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarBrahWyo View Post
    Update: Broke two fingers on this crash lol. In a cast for at least a month.
    Dang that sucks. Here's to fast healing.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    First ride of the season last night and first ride in a while. Going down a slight drop and my front wheel caught a rock that was sticking up. Over the bars I went.... Just scrapped up a bit and pride hurt.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    3 minor crashes the other day, first screwing around and riding a wheelie. Tipped it over and didn't get unclipped , minor rash. Second I took a wrong turn and washed the front end, minor rash and bent my thumb back. Third , washed the front and bashed my shin into a rock, more minor rash.

my cleat had come loose from my sole without noticing. i had a couple clipouts that were a little strange and wrote it off to the spring being a little tight.

then went to unclip and tipped over cause the cleat didn't move with my foot like it should, but it was still bolted on there.

Trail Ninja
    Decided to try road biking since my toe was still healing (see above). Was taking it easy and since I was going as slow as pedestrians, I opted to use the sidewalk in areas without wide enough shoulders. Bad move... I'm assuming some lawn mowing contractors, combined with some heavy corporate sprinkler use left a nice wet greasy trail next to a driveway across the concrete, and I was reminded that wet concrete is much more slippery with greasy organic stuff mixed in... I also was on my CX bike that time... needless to say, the front tire immediately slipped like it was wet/smooth ice. I didn't go down hard at all, since I ride flats even on my CX bike and got my right foot down, but apparently I sprained my left thumb since it was stuck on the drops and held as the bike slipped to the left and I stayed going straight. It appears to be pretty bad, likely the UCL tore right off (skier's thumb). Hoping it heals, but I can't get the strength to grip anything with my thumb even if I ignore the pain trying. That rules out riding on dirt for a while...

Your most recent crash: How was it?-glovegrippy.jpg
    - If the stress from the crash did this to my glove, imagine what I did to my ligaments...

Your most recent crash: How was it?-ucltearthumbsprain.jpg
    - After ~48 hours. Everything red/purple/bloody looking is from the crash including the pinch blister thingee and the thumb joint abrasion

Have to adjust to do things like squeezing toothpaste and changing into pants. Yea, pretty bad...
    We're all on the same ship, and it's sinking.

mtbr member
    That's looking painful. I hope you get well soon.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Busted toe mtbing; busted thumb CXing; obviously, it's time to take-up unicycling.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by phride View Post
    Busted toe mtbing; busted thumb CXing; obviously, it's time to take-up unicycling.
    Seems logical, only thing left to do.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    My last "crash" was yesterday. It was not really anything more than comical and a little embarrassing.

I was hitting a small berm that was just put in, but was extremely soft and gravely for some reason. Both of my wheels slid into this pile of pillowy loose rock. I stuck my foot out to try and get my weight shifted a bit more inside but that didn't work. I ended up just kind of sitting on my bike sideways and coming to a stop.
    I've gone to find myself. Should I get back before I return, please tell me to wait.

CEO Product Failure
    Some scary injuries. I am just getting over mine now.

July 22nd 2015, out for a trail ride after work, I crashed on a trail I've ridden hundreds of times. The trail is not technical, the location I crashed had no rocks, no ledges, no logs, no trees. It was flat. Open. I still don't remember the crash. I remember a white light and that's it. I was laid out flat, face down, statue of liberty style, straddling my handlebars. No damage to the bike and a nothing more than 2' long skid mark on the trail. I finished the ride, @ 2 miles, headed home. Ended up in the ER. Diagnosis was 6 broken ribs, broke #7 & #8 on the left side in the front and back, and broke the two lowest floaters on my right side. Yow. Pain. Pain. Pain. Coughing. Dressing. Sleeping. Walking. Pain.

8 Weeks later ribs are healed but I still have shoulder pain, lack of arm strength and limits in motion. Went to Physical Therapy for 2 months. Everything got better to a point but never really back to normal. Around Thanksgiving, my doc ordered a bi-lateral arthrogram MRI (both shoulders). Had the MRI done the week before Christmas and Santa was not kind:

The diagnosis: Right shoulder: 12 tears in the rotator cuff, 2 burst tendons, 60-70% of the labrum destroyed. Left shoulder: 7 tears, burst bicep, matching labrum.

Thanks to the holidays it was really tough getting into to see an ortho specialist. I got 3 opinions: everything from surgery to cortisone to more PT. I decided on surgery. The right shoulder was operated on Jan 28, with an estimated 4-6 month recovery. FORTUNATELY, I was out of the sling in 10 days, back on the back after 3 weeks (with doc's okay) and felt so good I had the left shoulder done on Feb 25th. The left's recovery went way quicker, I was out of the sling in 3 days and back on the bike in 5 days.

Overall, I consider myself very very lucky. The injury, while it kept me off the bike longer than any other period in my life, well the injury could've been worse--I could've been paralyzed. Regarding the recovery on the shoulders, there was no magic here: I had done MONTHS of physical therapy prior to getting the surgeons consult; so scar tissue was healthy and I had remained active.

Regarding the surgeon, he's a freaking demi-god. Humble and at the same time the most confident person I have ever met. He studied and practice at the Steadman Institute (the one in Vail). Those who don't know Steadman, its the ortho place that a lot of top skiers and olympic athletes go to for their ortho needs. Now, I don't live in CO, I live in the midwest. The other thing this doc had going for him is that he's the team ortho doc for the local MLB and NHL teams. So I figured, if doc can maintain and fix a kid who's arm is worth millions of dollars, then he should be able to get me back on the bike.

I know some of you are thinking, high-profile doc equals high-dollar med bills. Not true. This guy practices at 2 different hospitals and 2 other different out patient facilities. His admin team shops your procedure around to get you the best reimbursement rate and pretty much takes all insurance.

All-in-all, 2015 SUCKED. But I count myself lucky and looking forward to 2016 with a new found perspective on the value of my health.

mtbr member
    I rarely ride technical enough terrain to provoke a crash.
    But last weekend when investigating an old USFS road along the side of a local mountain, it started to narrow and turned into an unused old but rideable trail with many trees down on it. While navigating a log, rootball, whatever, I went to lean left but the bike said to go right. The mountain went up left and after gravity won, I tumbled a few yards down into leaves and loam.
    Soft landing and no harm done and happy that no one was even close to see what happened.
    Help chart the mountains at www.appalachianbiketrails.org

mtbr member
    My most recent crash was Sunday. The guy I was riding with decided to drop into a trail he doesn't know. Then stop, then go, then stop and get off the trail and tell me to go first. I watched him for a minute and he stayed off the trail. I clipped in my left foot, rode the first rock drop clipped in my right foot going into the left turn only to see him pushing his bike out into the trail right in the line! I couldn't stop and decided to go for the far right which is super chunky gnar. Made it half way and went OTB and hit his bike.

I cant believe I didn't hit him, I've never been so enraged. Broken carbon XTR shifter, gouge out of my Enve bars, right side controls are all beat to hell and a goruge in the stanchion of my fork. I had knee pads on and my left knee was purple in minutes, my right leg is a mass of cuts and bruises and my helmet has a few nice gouges in it.

Worst part of is it he knew it was his fault and didn't even say sorry or anything. I'll usually ride with anyone but I think that's the last time I ride with this guy. Others since have said this isn't the first time things like this have happened.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

mtbr member
    My last crash was a good one. Wish I had a go-pro. First ride on my fatty in the snow. 2nd ride on the fatty total.Was on very familiar trail in Arnold MD. On a nice decent there are 2 3" trees no the sides of the trail you go between. I am normally on a C-dale F29 lefty so she is skinny and fast. This day I was on my new Origin8 fatty and she is fat and semi fast. Just as my front wheel started to go between the trees I thought I may not make this! I was Correct!! Left pedal hooked the tree with about the last inch of pedal and it was good night gracie. The bike turned into a helicopter blade and I landed on my shoulder and hand. Bike was about 10 feet past me. It was an insane crash. Bike was ok so I rode another 2.5 hrs and then went to the ER. Sprained shoulder and left hand. That was 2/15 and the hand is still kinda hosed up. Guess I know now why they call em FAT!
    2013 Cannondale F29 1 Alloy
    2013 Cervelo S5 Rival
    2012 Trek X01 crosser
    2017 Trek Farley 7
    2017Trek Domane SLR 6

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    There's a old downed tree trunk at the entrance to my regular riding spot, which forms a ~15-foot long, rounded, bare-wood skinny. It runs downhill, is up to 2 feet high, has a slightly off-line entrance and a significant bend before the exit. It can be somewhat sketchy when wet, but you can easily roll a missed exit and if you don't flail, you can roll out a miss if you get even halfway down it. Yesterday was nice and dry from a day of 20-30 mph sustained wind, so I hopped up there without a care. However, my tire acted like I was on polished glass, and it skid sideways as soon as I got up there. Lacking a better option, I tried to roll it, but the drop was too steep. Thankfully, my fork compressed smoothly, and I tipped over and rather gently laid down on the tree trunk with only a modest shin bang. (I don't even have a bruise today.). I looked around and back to the parking lot to see if I had any witnesses to my pathetic start to a ride, but it appears that you guys are the only ones who know. (I ride that skinny with a big group regularly. Too bad they missed the show, because I don't intend to try my luck and lose focus there again.)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    What can I say. I crowned my pathetic Sunday ride (riding with flu sucks) by being unable to uncleat on time due to the mud on my shoes and landing flat on my left side. Only my son was there to laugh. It was a rough day.

Commuter
    Pulled a similar finish to a group ride. I will cut myself a little slack, it was my first ride on a recumbent. But the riding position allows no body English and so it's very hard to bike stand, even for a moment. I may get better at it, but falling on large gravel (1"-1.25") on top of pavement is not my idea of a great ride ender.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    My last crash was just the other day, while training for the first XC race of the season that is tomorrow at Charles Fork Lake just outside of Spencer WV.
    I was helping with some trail maintenance and we had blown the leaves off the trail with a leaf blower, making the ground pretty slick because it was just uncovered from the winter slop.

Well, about 6.5 miles in, I was burling downhill and came to one of these nice slick spots from the day before. There wasn't much of a burm to hit, but i still hit what ever was there high and my rear tire washed out. It happened so fast i couldnt unclip my foot, smashed my knee on the side of the bike, dug my shoulder into the ground, and wacked my head too.
    As I laid there, Cursing and yelling at my maker, I look around and happen to notice all the big rocks I could have landed on. So I'm truly grateful. lol That was a couple days ago, and my young body has heeled. I'm definitely ready for this race tomorrow!!!

Robertson
    It's been about 6 weeks since my last crash. I'm one of those superstitious types that thinks I'm due for some kind of crash every now and then, and the longer in between the worse it may be. Was on a ride with the NICA team I coach today, we came to a stop and one of the younger kids wasn't able to get clipped out. He tottered over into me, knocking me over as well. The kids were all very confused when I started saying "That counts! That counts" from the ground

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Had my first crash of 2016 yesterday (first one? I must not be riding hard enough you say?).

Was on a trail I hadn't ridden for a couple of years. A real rock garden compared to my usual trails. I'd just gone thru the rockiest part of the trail unscathed and must've been feeling too confident. Ended up taking a bad line on a relatively easy section and wedged my front tire in between 2 small rocks.

Slow motion endo that I'm sure looked pretty ridiculous. I did manage to hold it long enough to avoid landing on any big rocks. Ended up tangled up with the bike but was able to half turn at the last second so my Camelbak took the brunt of the impact.

A nice welt on my thigh and minor scrapes... a good way to go for the years first crash.

mtbr member
    Had mine yesterday. Not seriously hurt but lost confidence after. Was afraid to pick up speed. Hope it was the gravel that did it and not my skills.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

beer thief
    Black Friday was not so good to me but a few months later and it feels as strong as ever. I was riding (gently) within a month from surgery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your most recent crash: How was it?-adair-clavicle-comparison-medium-.jpg  

CEO Product Failure
    Quote Originally Posted by radair View Post
    Black Friday was not so good to me but a few months later and it feels as strong as ever. I was riding (gently) within a month from surgery.
    Radair, my wife did the same thing to her right clavicle in 2005. She left the plate in, still has it. Unfortunately in 2010, she crashed again. The crash would've busted her collar bone but the ti-plate was still there. So, she ended up with a fractured humerous.

Ouch.

mtbr member
    Had mine yesterday. Not seriously hurt but lost confidence after. Was afraid to pick up speed. Hope it was the gravel that did it and not my skills.

Last year I had two front tire washout on the same week. The second one with some skin out of my left arm. My confidence took a big hit.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HTR4EVR View Post
    Last year I had two front tire washout on the same week. The second one with some skin out of my left arm. My confidence took a big hit.

Ouch!

pedal,pedal,pedal
    last month went over the bars on a short decent, helmet did its job bruised shoulder kept me off the bike for a couple weeks though.

Your most recent crash: How was it?-20160217_172242.jpgYour most recent crash: How was it?-img_20160217_183708233.jpg
    Last edited by mikerod553; 04-05-2016 at 05:43 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Dang! that helmet saved you! time to retire that one. God speed!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Earlier today I was flying through Stair Steps in Laguna and grabbed a branch that had grown over part of the trail. Lost control and went down. Totally fine except for my foot (slightly sprained I think). Luckily we are due for rain tomorrow-Monday so I shouldn't be missing out on too much ride time!

Kick Start My Heart

Your most recent crash: How was it?

I was cruising along on my favorite rocky trail, in the zone, just keeping the technical flow, hopping steps, quick manual, lean left, manual, etc, ahhhhh....and I manual, with a quick pedal, hear a klank klank, lose my flow and bury the front wheel on the next rock stack, and Bam! I am on the ground.
    Damn, haven't OTB in a while, couldn't help myself, sent a selfie to my bride.
    Somehow the rear QR on the ABP got loose, the wheel shifted, tried to shift on its own and there you go. Just brushed the front of the facegauard, and skinned all my elbows, and knees.
    That selfie - wife not impressed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Hadn't had a fall in maybe three years.

Yesterday afternoon, after not riding there for awhile, suited up and pedaled over to the closest entrance of my neighborhood trail system. Happily, I ran into a Birthday ride group and off we went. Legs felt strong, the bike felt light, the company of fellow bikers was wonderful. So awesome! Really, shaping up to be a peak experience, zipping right along a little faster than usual. Came around a fairly flat left hand corner -- a technical non event, so was totally unprepared when my rear tire slid out and I was slammed down hard onto the trail. When i picked up my bike, the handlebar was turned 180.

So thankful for the kind and calming presence of a fellow rider behind me. She even gave me hand up to get me back on my feets! Headed back home, trying not to drip blood on myself.

Anyway, deepish scrape on forearm by the elbow. The part of my elbow that would have been protected by armor, had I not looked at my elbow pads and thought, "Armor? Nah, who needs armor at this mellow trail?"

Rinsed it off, picked out a few bits of tiny rocklets (like pinhead size) and slathered on NeoSporin. Ran over to MedSpring Urgent Care to get it looked at this morning to make sure the scrape is really clean. The scrape and hematoma on the left hip are in the normal range so no worries there. The doc was not that impressed, but they cleaned it up a bit more and cut off those little skin flaps and then marked ink dots around the pink "bloom"; if the pink area starts to grow, time for antibiotics.

For sure feeling kind of creaky today and the scrape is really painful at times. Right now it's covered with NeoSporin and a non-stick pad held in place by Coban -- that stretchy stuff that sticks to itself. Change the dressing once a day for a few weeks. It takes awhile for the skin to grow back when the top layer has been totally abraded away.

Next purchase will be those light weight knee and elbow pad made of the stuff that hardens on impact and they look easy to just wear all the time.

Anyone had experience with those in an actual fall?

ETA: Three regular aspirin are quite effective for dulling creaky aches and pains.
    Last edited by June Bug; 04-08-2016 at 02:56 PM.
    The best defense against bullsh*t is vigilance. If you smell something, say something.
    Jon Stewart

Mr. Buck E. Fikes
    Quote Originally Posted by June Bug View Post
    Next purchase will be those light weight knee and elbow pad made of the stuff that hardens on impact and they look easy to just wear all the time.

No. Even though I own them (661 w/D3O), I only crash on days I'm not wearing them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    No. Even though I own them (661 w/D3O), I only crash on days I'm not wearing them.
    Word..the days I'm not wearing mine my bike plays tricks on me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by June Bug View Post
    Hadn't had a fall in maybe three years.

Yesterday afternoon, after not riding there for awhile, suited up and pedaled over to the closest entrance of my neighborhood trail system. Happily, I ran into a Birthday ride group and off we went. Legs felt strong, the bike felt light, the company of fellow bikers was wonderful. So awesome! Really, shaping up to be a peak experience, zipping right along a little faster than usual. Came around a fairly flat left hand corner -- a technical non event, so was totally unprepared when my rear tire slid out and I was slammed down hard onto the trail. When i picked up my bike, the handlebar was turned 180.

So thankful for the kind and calming presence of a fellow rider behind me. She even gave me hand up to get me back on my feets! Headed back home, trying not to drip blood on myself.

Anyway, deepish scrape on forearm by the elbow. The part of my elbow that would have been protected by armor, had I not looked at my elbow pads and thought, "Armor? Nah, who needs armor at this mellow trail?"

Rinsed it off, picked out a few bits of tiny rocklets (like pinhead size) and slathered on NeoSporin. Ran over to MedSpring Urgent Care to get it looked at this morning to make sure the scrape is really clean. The scrape and hematoma on the left hip are in the normal range so no worries there. The doc was not that impressed, but they cleaned it up a bit more and cut off those little skin flaps and then marked ink dots around the pink "bloom"; if the pink area starts to grow, time for antibiotics.

For sure feeling kind of creaky today and the scrape is really painful at times. Right now it's covered with NeoSporin and a non-stick pad held in place by Coban -- that stretchy stuff that sticks to itself. Change the dressing once a day for a few weeks. It takes awhile for the skin to grow back when the top layer has been totally abraded away.

ETA: Three regular aspirin are quite effective for dulling creaky aches and pains.
    I have the g-form elbow and knee pads and the race face Indy pads and both work as advertised. Lost the front wheel on my bike on a soft berm and took a good chunk out of my elbows and knees. Got the pads and did the exact same thing (not intentionally, I just suck at mountain biking) while wearing the pads a few days later, and even though my elbows and knees were still raw, didn't feel a thing wearing the g-form pads.

The race face Indy pads are more substantial and have also held up well to a few good tumbles.

I find I can pedal in pretty warm weather in both types of pads, but when it gets really hot, I'll stash them in my pack until most the climbing is done.

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon XP

mtbr member
    Out on a new-to-me trail today. A little drop down into a wash then back up, caught a tree limb and fell 4-6 feet onto my helmet and shoulder into the next wash. Helmet has a deep indentation so that's toasted, and my ribs hurt like hell. Big bruise on the shoulder and arm.

I have to stop falling on my head.

9 lives
    Healing vibes June Bug & milliesand... and everyone else!
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Thanks for the well wishes. The banged up feeling lasted only about a day and even did a little ride on Saturday with my old Core Rat elbow pads of course! Should get the g forms this week.

Still have to keep up with a wound protocol for awhile longer -- apply Neo Sporin and cover with a non stick pad held on with Coban, but that wounded feeling is going away fast.
    The best defense against bullsh*t is vigilance. If you smell something, say something.
    Jon Stewart

rubber side down
    Out riding with my son, I'm 44. I was showing him how to ride this nasty rock garden, I've cleaned it 4 out 10 times. I was not planning on riding it. After he attempted 4 tries, I did the old "Want to see the old man do it?"

Of course he said yes.....I cleaned 90% of it, had one section to go and up and over the bars I go. He had to peel the bike off me. I had to pick some rocks out of my arm and leg was sore all over.

Ended up at Urgent care with a fractured wrist, cuts, scratches...... Good thing I have some fat on me or I would have most likely broke some ribs too.

He has seen me crash more than anyone I know
    Quote Originally Posted by misterbill View Post
    You must be really bored if you have read this entire post.

mtbr member
    Totally human. I hope you will get better soon.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast